Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

My family of me, my dh, ds 9, ds 15 have stayed at the cbr 3 times and the pop 3 times and loved the bus service at both resorts, i am a little nervous about the sharing of buses especially when we have dining ressies. Do you think that we will be happy or disappointed with the buses... and how much extra time should we give, to get to the parks to make up for the bus sharing. My boys wanted to try some where new this time and on our last mintute trip of 6 days, we are trying to do as cheaply as possible.:cool1::cool1:

I haven't stayed at ASMO in forever. But we have stayed at Saratoga 2 times. I think it is no diffrent than having to go around a large resort and pick up guest. I also didn't think it took as much time. Seem like the stops were quick and efficent at the AS resorts even when having to share which never bother me.

We stayed at ASMovies Sept. 2008 and we had fantastic bus service. The longest we waited was 15min and that only happened once. Usually we waited about 5-10min and sharing with the other All Star Resorts was not an issue. The All Stars are not as big as some of the other hotels and not even as big as Pop. We stayed at Pop this past July and were not nearly as happy with it, as we were with Movies.
Where you need to get to your dinner reservations will determine how long to allow. It's a good idea to leave an hour before your adr, just to play it safe. Besides, they always like it when you show up early :)

Have a great trip!

Last week we were at Movies, but in Mighty Ducks so we mostly walked to music to get the bus but did take the movies one a few times. In our case (free dining) really created crowds, especially early morning and dinner times. While our waiting at max was about 20 minutes, there was a number of times a bus would pull up, load the evc's and wheel chairs and then not finish filling the bus with standing room and take off. Many times after hitting music, the bus would head to the park and send another bus to finish picking up at movies.

I would give yourselfs atleast an hour to get to the park before your ADR time. We did and were never late, but a few times, just on time!

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the info.... we are coming for free regular dining pine code 11/6 - 11/11, so i would think it will still be pretty packed. I really had no idea the 3 all stars aren't any larger than the pop:banana:

Ok , Everyone I need some help from those of you that have been to ASMO! I'm thinking of doing Movies for our next Free Dining plan venture and wanted to research it before I switched from Pop to Movies! We have done POP the last 2 or 3 yrs and the kids would like a change! DS and DD would both like to stay at All Star Movies.
I guess my question is do you think we will be disappointed after staying at Pop and being use to it? I agree with the kids and think we need a change but it definitely would be movies over sports or music we have been to music before for one night and we liked it but if we switch I want to exparience something totally new to us! We have never been to sports but thats really not up my alley I would stay there if I have to! But I already have the rooms booked at POp just debating switching to Movies! Please tell me the Pros and cons.;)

Goofy22, my family (dh and dd) and I have stayed at Pop, Sports, and Movies and Movies is definitely our favorite. We did like Sports (first on the All Star bus route & I don't like sports either, but it had it's perks).

We didn't really like the feel of Pop. It just didn't feel "Disney" enough to us. We didn't hate it, just didn't really love it either.

Movies is our favorite because: The theme is pure Disney! None of the buildings are very far from the main building. Yes, it is last on the All Star bus route, but we had great bus service and sometimes even had a bus just for our resort if the other 2 All Stars filled it up. Very friendly staff. The cartoon channel that plays the same 10 cartoons all day every day! (We didn't get this at Pop, or Sports..) Perhaps the channel is gone all together, but we really enjoyed falling asleep to the cartoons at night. It was quiet! We stayed in the 101 Dalmation section. The food court was nice. They had a make your own salad (gigantic salad) station. The cm's fixed the salad, but you picked what you wanted. They had a ton of options. Neither of the other values we stayed at had this. We never got to use the pools, but they were pretty neat looking. Etc. Etc.

Best of wishes on your decision. Have a great trip!
2870836288_41f758b0c1.jpg

We are veterans of Pop but decided to try All Star Movies this time around.
We stayed at the Toy Story Building and the kids (7,5,2) loved the atmosphere and all of the Toy Story stuff.
However, the buses are a little more of a pain as they can service all 3 All Stars (depending on time of year).

Bottom line, for a short trip, All Star Movies is fine but for a long trip where you depending on the bus service, stick with Pop.

Ok , Everyone I need some help from those of you that have been to ASMO! I'm thinking of doing Movies for our next Free Dining plan venture and wanted to research it before I switched from Pop to Movies! We have done POP the last 2 or 3 yrs and the kids would like a change! DS and DD would both like to stay at All Star Movies.
I guess my question is do you think we will be disappointed after staying at Pop and being use to it? I agree with the kids and think we need a change but it definitely would be movies over sports or music we have been to music before for one night and we liked it but if we switch I want to exparience something totally new to us! We have never been to sports but thats really not up my alley I would stay there if I have to! But I already have the rooms booked at POp just debating switching to Movies! Please tell me the Pros and cons.;)
I stayed at ASMo before Pop and liked it enough. I've been to Pop 5 times and have been to ASmu once. I liked the rooms at ASMu but wasn't crazy about the resort but that was likely due to the fact that they were redoing the tile floor in the food court and you had to walk all the way around the outside of the building to get to the bus stop and we were there during a tropical storm.

I haven't been back to Pop since they took out the frozen coke machine so I hope that doesn't impact my love of the place too much when I go back on 11/30.:laughing:

Even without the frozen coke I like the food court better at Pop than the All Stars.

They had a make your own salad (gigantic salad) station. The cm's fixed the salad, but you picked what you wanted. They had a ton of options. Neither of the other values we stayed at had this.
Music had that salad when I was there. It was very good!:thumbsup2

So can anyone tell me if there are any standarad rooms close to the main building or in a pool location? and where is the best location if I have standard room? Does anyone also know if they have double double connecting rooms like POP? The buses aren't that big of a deal to me as the time of year we go POP's buses aren't that great either! we've waited over 20 mins for a bus from epcot to pop more than once. I'm actually leaning towards movies instead of pop just for a change. I know the foodcourt at the all stars isn't as good as pop from what I read and heard so I'll just plan my counter services for the parks it will be a different thing for us not to depend on POP foodcourt!:) I haven't changed yet I want to find out a few more things first! Thanks everyone that already helped. We may even drive this time so we actually may not have to worry about bus service shall we choose not to but that is still up in the air as it is at least a 16hr drive.

Can't compare ASMo to Pop as I've never stayed at Pop. But I will tell you I have the opposite concern - we stayed at ASMo for our first stay as a family and are afraid that we will be disappointed if we stay at Pop next time!

We loved ASMo. We were in Fantasia building which was close to pool and food court. Toy Story and Dalmations seemed close too. But Fantasia was perfect location for us (2 adults and two under 5). The food court could use a little variety but we just walked over to Music one evening for dinner for a change.

Buses were not a issue for us - and we went first week of free dining. The only negative I can think is the furniture is a bit worn at ASMo.

Good luck in your decision.

We've never stayed at Pop. We thought about it this time, but hubby and I decided that ASMo just gives you more of that 'Disney Feeling'. Especially if you stay in Fantasia and walk throught the big sorceror's hat!! Plus Toy Story is our sons' favorite movie!! And they're going with us this time.

As for the food court...we LOVED it!! The make your own salad station was awesome! And ohhhh, the deserts....don't get me started on them!! Mmmmmm!! The only thing that we didn't like the last time (in October) was the crowd in the food court in the morning. It was such a hectic place around 8am. So, the hubby and I decided to either go early or later for breakfast and we seemed to avoid the crowds.

The Mickey pool was being refurbed when we were there last, but the Mighty Ducks pool was nice - it wasn't as 'kid oriented' as the Mickey one, but it was still nice. I also like the laundry facilities and with 2 boys there for 9 nights, I'm going to NEED to do laundry! :laundy:

Just got back from a two night stay at ASMo. Honestly, we decided we like POP better.

The food court was fine but VERY crowded at 9 am on Sunday morning. We ordered waffles, french toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc....all was served cold. We ate dinner at the food court that same night and again, food that was supposed to be hot was cold. We did like the custom salad offering but the meat served on top of the salad (that was supposed to be hot) was cold.

Check-in went very quickly and the CMs were helpful. We ended up in a preferred room (Fantasia) but my girls care for the theming on the Fantasia buildings...probably because they're not familiar with the Fantasia movies. We wandered through the resort grounds and they really liked the theming of the Toy Story and 101 Dalmations areas. My girls had a lot of fun thinking of different movies that could be used to update some of the buildings. The furniture needs to be updated and there was a lot of rust in our bathroom. Our shower and sink leaked, too.

My girls liked the Mickey pool but they liked the Hippy Dippy pool at POP better. Maybe it's because POP is newer...or maybe because we got really spoiled staying in newly refurbished rooms at CBR this summer...but we felt like most things at ASMo were a bit shabby. It was fine for two nights, but if we were staying longer than that we would go back to POP or CBR.

As for the buses, most of the time sharing with the other two All Star reorts wasn't a problem, but there were a couple of times when it was. One night at DTD was particularly problematic, but that's just the way the buses are sometimes. We never waited longer than 10-15 minutes for a bus at the hotel.

All in all, we had a good time but prefer the theming at POP or the larger rooms and the atmosphere at CBR.

Thanks everyone for your input! Are any of these rooms standard that you all mentioned? or are they preferred? Just curious as i'm closing in on my decision.

Thanks everyone for your input! Are any of these rooms standard that you all mentioned? or are they preferred? Just curious as i'm closing in on my decision.

101 Dalmations is standard. I think Fantasia is the only preferred. 101 Dalmations was a really short walk to the main building though.

101, Toy Story and Fantasia are all preferred. Found that out after I called to try and reserve 101 (we paid for a standard) and the CM pointed it out.

Goofy22, my family (dh and dd) and I have stayed at Pop, Sports, and Movies and Movies is definitely our favorite. We did like Sports (first on the All Star bus route & I don't like sports either, but it had it's perks).

We didn't really like the feel of Pop. It just didn't feel "Disney" enough to us. We didn't hate it, just didn't really love it either.

Movies is our favorite because: The theme is pure Disney! None of the buildings are very far from the main building. Yes, it is last on the All Star bus route, but we had great bus service and sometimes even had a bus just for our resort if the other 2 All Stars filled it up. Very friendly staff. The cartoon channel that plays the same 10 cartoons all day every day! (We didn't get this at Pop, or Sports..) Perhaps the channel is gone all together, but we really enjoyed falling asleep to the cartoons at night. It was quiet! We stayed in the 101 Dalmation section. The food court was nice. They had a make your own salad (gigantic salad) station. The cm's fixed the salad, but you picked what you wanted. They had a ton of options. Neither of the other values we stayed at had this. We never got to use the pools, but they were pretty neat looking. Etc. Etc.

Best of wishes on your decision. Have a great trip!
2870836288_41f758b0c1.jpg

channels still there...i believe its 98 or 98. and yes the same 12 over and over...the kids woke up and wanted mickey on! good god...i love disney but seeing the same ones over and over....oy!

we just returned from our trip to movies the 30th- the 8th of october, and it was fabulous. the crowds were low, bus wait times very little. persoanlly i loved the fact that mk and epcot have the buses for the all stars split up. to go tot ak and hs theyre all grouped together.

our only concern was mousekeepign. we hd to complain twice and the first one she didnt put through. our room was never vaccummed, no tp one nite, no soap two nites and no cups for two days. that was our only concern.

we didnt have any probs in the dining room, but we ordered food for breaky so we sidestepped that one. i think we only ate one maybe two meals there, supper and lunch and we sailed through it. were hoping to go next year again.

We just returned Sunday from 7 nights at All Star Movies. It was our first stay there and we enjoyed it. We stayed in Dalmations (preferred), but next time would ask for Mighty Ducks. It is standard and has a pool at it which we swam in most often. It also was not much further of a walk to the food court (not far by any means) than our Dalmation building. One day we got off the bus at All Star Music (the stop before ours) and walked to our room. We had to walk thru the Mighty Ducks area to get to ours, so it is really close to the Music bus stop. The other standard area is the Herbie area and it was not visible from any of the areas we were in, so it must be further back.

We've stayed at ASMO several times and ASSP a few times. We definitely like Movies better, mainly because of the theming. We've also stayed at POP a few times since it opened and enjoyed it too. Next year, we'll be staying at Movies again for a change.

The only Housekeeping problem we've ever encountered at any of the Values was the last time we stayed at Movies. They skipped our room completely once and were pretty slack a few other times (didn't even empty all of the trash cans). We did complain the time they skipped us and someone then came to clean.

We love the Food Courts of all of the Values we've stayed in. Always a good selection of tasty food at reasonable prices for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter