• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

DIsney does not publish their schedule, but generally Christmas stuff starts coming down after the first few days of January. Look for when the Osborne Lights stop at the Studios. THat seems to be a decent rule of thumb.

Have any of the rooms at ASMo been recently refurbished? I know that Music and Sports have but haven't heard anything about Movies. If so, which rooms have the new look? Thanks!

DIsney does not publish their schedule, but generally Christmas stuff starts coming down after the first few days of January. Look for when the Osborne Lights stop at the Studios. THat seems to be a decent rule of thumb.

Ok, thanks. We arrive Jan. 5th and I was wondering if everything would be gone already. Off to look for the Osborne Lights schedule.. :)

Ok, thanks. We arrive Jan. 5th and I was wondering if everything would be gone already. Off to look for the Osborne Lights schedule.. :)
It usually starts coming down on the Saturday after NYE, so there should be some left over.

guys im wondering what is the 'best' floor lvl to request. I know we may not get it, and that is fine. We will have 2 toddler with strollers. I know we would probably prefer the more privacy of the top floor, but are bottom floors much easier?? There are elevators right? Just wondering what you all thought.

Yes 1st floor is much easier, no clibming stairs or waiting for the elevator...

Back from a stay at ASMo last week (dec 1-4).
We were in the Mighty Ducks section. Third floor.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel itself.
But IMHO it is in need of a refurb.
The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling.
A piece of the showerhead fell off.

And I don't think a refurb would affect this- but we were in a handicapped room, so there was no side to the shower and regardless of what we did, the water got all over the bathroom floor. That was pretty annoying.

I guess it was clean enough - despite a hairclip we found on the floor near the closet area. And the spot between the bed and nightstand was disgusting- hair and dust-gross.

It was very quiet. I think I only heard people once or twice. Never heard any loud flushing toilets or anything.

The waits for the buses were never very long. Sometimes we'd share w/ the other all star resorts. Once we were picked up last- once we were picked up first.

We left up our do not disturb sign, so we didn't have mousekeeping clean our room, but they did leave a bag full of towels/trash bags, etc.. on our doorknob when we returned at night.

I would stay at an all stars again, but probably not at movies again - at least until it gets a refurb.

Hehe, well, not exactly, but they like to run. I think first floor will be ideal. Hopefully we will get it. :)

We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was fine. We had a stroller, but since there are elevators, it wasn't really a big deal. Sometimes on our way out we would take the stairs and DH would carry the folded up stroller (the kids loved walking down the neat staircases!). So the floor level isn't too important to me, personally.
Some people actually like the upper levels because they are a bit quieter, because fewer people are walking past your room early in the morning or late at night.
I see you only have three days left until your trip! Have a fantastic time! Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it :)

It usually starts coming down on the Saturday after NYE, so there should be some left over.

Great, thanks :)
It does look like we will miss the Osborne lights, though, which is a shame (I think the schedule said it runs through Sunday the 4th). I saw them once and thought it was amazing!

Have any of the rooms at ASMo been recently refurbished? I know that Music and Sports have but haven't heard anything about Movies. If so, which rooms have the new look? Thanks!

I'd like to know this too. I'll be there from Jan 7-13. Can't wait. My son will be so happy if we get to stay in the Toy Story Bldg, but I don't want to add that as a request, since I already requested 4 rooms together and that's much more important to us.

We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was fine. We had a stroller, but since there are elevators, it wasn't really a big deal. Sometimes on our way out we would take the stairs and DH would carry the folded up stroller (the kids loved walking down the neat staircases!). So the floor level isn't too important to me, personally.
Some people actually like the upper levels because they are a bit quieter, because fewer people are walking past your room early in the morning or late at night.
I see you only have three days left until your trip! Have a fantastic time! Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it :)

Thanks! I won't sweat the floor really. Whatever we are graced with! :) Yup, we leave Saturday morning. However we are in New Brunswick Canada, so we are driving 7 hours to POrtland Maine to fly out. My mother called me tonight saying that a storm was just listed on the weather network website. Lo and behold... 35 cm starting late Thursday night. We are supposed to be driving Friday! So it looks more and more that our vacation is being bumped up a night, and we will leave later afternoon on Thursday. Which is fine by me! ;)

Did I mention the amount of laundry that I am STILL doing!! :laundy: I hope I can get caught up tomorrow. Darn Bedding!! Me and my great ideas to wash all bedding before leaving. :confused3

I can't wait to just go!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to post pictures up here! And reviews and such. Can't wait can't wait!:banana:

Hi everyone! We came back about 2 weeks ago. We were at ASmo for 6 nights. I honest to goodness have no complaints. Size was fine. Location was fine. We got our requests for toy story bottom floor. We were on a corner which was great! Honestly, all the rooms would have been fine. Even non-preferred. I could see the Herbie buildings beyond the pool from the main building. I would have been just as happy there. The kids water area was nice. The pool looked great (didnt go in though)...just no time. The food is pricey everywhere, but besides that it was good. What we would do was get the dbl cheese burger and an extra bun and split that meal. It worked out to be lots of food! The buses were actually better than expected. Sometimes people had to stand, but they came frequently. Trying to think what else I can review on. Any questions, just ask!

There is talk of the need of a renovation on the Movies Resort. Is there a renovation scheduled? We are going on June 15, can't wait !!

We stayed in the 101 Dalmations section in September '08 and had a great time. It is in need of a little updating, but we saw them doing some paint touch ups while we were there - including on Perdita's nose.
2870836288_3d135a77d2_o_d.jpg

set-72157607378256181

In the food court my two picks go to lactose free items: 1. A very filling design your own salad! 2. The ham on onion foccacia sandwich that can also be found in Epcot's Sunshine Seasons Pavilion.

We'd stay there again, but do hope that they refurb soon. It's not awful by any means, just needs a little TLC.

Hi everyone! We came back about 2 weeks ago. We were at ASmo for 6 nights. I honest to goodness have no complaints.

Glad to hear a good recent review from someone with little ones. We will be heading there in May and I was starting to doubt it over Pop.

Hi everyone! We came back about 2 weeks ago. We were at ASmo for 6 nights. I honest to goodness have no complaints. Size was fine. Location was fine. We got our requests for toy story bottom floor. We were on a corner which was great! Honestly, all the rooms would have been fine. Even non-preferred. I could see the Herbie buildings beyond the pool from the main building. I would have been just as happy there. The kids water area was nice. The pool looked great (didnt go in though)...just no time. The food is pricey everywhere, but besides that it was good. What we would do was get the dbl cheese burger and an extra bun and split that meal. It worked out to be lots of food! The buses were actually better than expected. Sometimes people had to stand, but they came frequently. Trying to think what else I can review on. Any questions, just ask!

I'm so glad to hear that you had a good trip! We really like ASMovies. On our second trip we couldn't book Movies because it was full, so we stayed at Music. After our first night, we stopped in at Movies to walk around and just for kicks, DH asked them if they had any availability. They did and we switched right over.
What can I say, it's our favorite :love:

Hi everyone, we are booking this next week, my kids are so excited. I've stayed here with my dd in the past, but never with my whole family. We want to try to book two connecting rooms in the Toy Story section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter