Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

You'll find the Movies bldgs closer to services on average than the Music (which is a lot deeper)

The one exception is the Mighty Ducks, which is actually closer to the Music Bus Stop than the Movies Bus Stop.

We've stayed at ASMo twice, so I would think I didn't have any questions...however:

On the map of the floorplan/room locations, it states "Rooms noted in a different colour are the king rooms for the buildings that have them."

Does anyone happen to know WHICH buildings have them? I know MD does (we've stayed in one), and was told by a CM that TS doesn't (we stayed in Woody with 2 doubles).

And, just a comment: we found that the TS buildings were almost as far from everything as the MD buildings. Dalmations is much closer to the food court, etc than TS is (from our perspective!).

Thanks for putting all this info together! It's awesome!

The print must have been too small. Here is the bigger version of the map. Read on the right hand side.

AllStarRoomLayoutLarge.jpg

we will not have a car and my son is a mcd's pancake addict i used to bus to downtown disney to get them there and then go to the parks, but if i could walk over and pick them up across the street, great is it a busy street? did you happen to notice when brkfst time stops? also do they have a microwave and toaster in the food court to warm up foods, like mara in ak?also did they have refrig's(charge)? thanks

Thanks for all the info ranger...I have to say I think you've answered all my quetions. My kids are watching Toy Story and 101 Dalmations, trying to decide which one to stay in (our first family WDW resort experience....DEC 05...can't wait!!!). My priority has always been to be near the bustop and I was worried that the preferred buildings were closer. At least now I have it narrowed down to Pongo and Buzz!

Someone asked the cost of laundry. I read on another thread that its $2 to wash and $2 to dry.

Also, best place for a toddler? Never been to ASM but I've had toddlers and we ALWAYS request ground level corner room when we stay at a hotel(b/c you only have 1-2 walls shared instead of 2-3). Of course, I've heard this resort is WELL insulated so that part isn't a problem. After a long day in the park...the younger ones are going to appreciate less steps...or you will if you're the one hauling them up! When I was a kid I stayed at AS Sports. I remember the elevator was slow and half way down the building and our room was on the thrid floor next to the stairs so we always took the stairs. You may want to request a room next to the elevator if you can't get a ground floor room.

Oh and someone asked about fridges? I've read on other threads there is an additional $10-15 per night fee for the use and one person said theirs froze milk/juice and turned out to be a waste. I recommend you freeze a milk jug full of water and add it to your ice chest. Then add ice from the ice machine every day as needed....the jug usually stays frozen all week! I plan to bring cereal, disposable spoons and bowls, and fresh fruit. Then I'll run down to the counter service place and pick up milk and coffee each morning. I plan to only use the ice chest for non perishable drinks....but now that I've heard about the refillable mugs...I may not even bring an ice chest this trip~!

So what is the difference, if any/much, in what they call a "preferred" and a "standard" room?

From what I can see the only differnce is location. Preferred refers to the two FANTASIA buildings and they have views of the pool or courtyard. Plus they're right up front next to entrance/cafateria. I think for the extra $10 you're basically guaranteed not to have a view of the parking lot. According to chairbornerangr, the extra is not worth it b/c the dalmations/toystory are just as close and you don't have to deal with all the noise/commotion of the pool!

We were at POP the last week of April this year and enjoyed it. But I would love to take a small 4 day trip 2006 at the same time to ASMO(my DS will be 5). But I did read a review somewhere that a family didn't like that the grads from grad nights took over the pool. Has anyone stayed at ASMO during grad nights? Did you have any problems? I thought the grads didn't stay on-site.
I would love for my DS to experience ASMO.

Magalex :hyper2:

Magalex said:
We were at POP the last week of April this year and enjoyed it. But I would love to take a small 4 day trip 2006 at the same time to ASMO(my DS will be 5). But I did read a review somewhere that a family didn't like that the grads from grad nights took over the pool. Has anyone stayed at ASMO during grad nights? Did you have any problems? I thought the grads didn't stay on-site.
I would love for my DS to experience ASMO.

Magalex :hyper2:

From what I've seen of teen behavior on a recent trip, they will "take over" no matter how many of them there are. Just this July stayed at a hotel with a smaller size indoor pool ( 15' x 25' ). My wife and 5yr old were in the pool at the shallow end. The jr high and teens showed up. Within 5 minutes they were cannonballing into the pool and not just at the deep end. One practically jumped over my daughter to dive into the pool. With this small number like this, I could only imagine what a large number would do at a bigger pool like the Fantasia one. You might be safe in the shallow parts but you never know.

Do you know if Love Bug bldgs are smoking or non smoking :confused: I have bad allergies and need non smoking :crazy2:

Thanks for the info :wave2:

I just wanted to thank you for such great info! I just booked a trip with a stay at ASMovies for this August and was looking for a way to get a feel for what it's like and I found this thread!!! :)

Hi everyone! Love this thread!

My daughter is a maniac when it comes to arcade games and earning tickets to exchange for prizes. She is insisting we stay at Pop Century because they have a huge arcade and tons of games, tickets and prizes.

We'd really like to stay at ASMo this time to get away from the crowds of people waiting for Pop's buses late night. Can anyone tell me about the video arcade at ASMo? Can you compare it to Pop's arcade?

Also, does anyone know what bus stop ASMo is at MK? I recall that Pop was always the LAST bus at the end of the row. Wouldn't it be great to select the All Star resort with the first bus stop? I seem to recall that Sports is first one at MK. Does anyone else get this picky???? LOL

Thanks a million for your help!

~Wendy.....planning trip #17!

Thank you.... We are heading off to the ALL STAR Movies in October and can hardly wait....

We went 2 years ago and stayed at the ALL STAR Sports...That was nice too!!! The Movies was my 1st choice last time and this time I was determined to go there!!!! :earsboy:

You actually gave more info than any WDW book I have....(And I am sure I have them all!!!) We requested a Toy Story Building.... Hopefully it will be BUZZ... But aren't the 2 Toy Story buildings close to each other?

Does anyone know which buildings have smoking rooms? Thanks :maleficen

Hello.
The passporter Guide says :smoking rooms in Building 8 Fantasia(preferred) and Building 3 Mighty Ducks.
Hope that helps.

Lots of greetings from Germany
Conny :wave: :wave:

leanne11 said:
we will not have a car and my son is a mcd's pancake addict i used to bus to downtown disney to get them there and then go to the parks, but if i could walk over and pick them up across the street, great is it a busy street? did you happen to notice when brkfst time stops? also do they have a microwave and toaster in the food court to warm up foods, like mara in ak?also did they have refrig's(charge)? thanks

McDonald's is probably a 10 minute walk from ASMovies. It's located a short distance outside of the security entrance for the All Stars Resorts. ASMovies is the last resort, so it has the longest walk. The street is pretty busy since it is the main access road for the resorts (lots of buses, travelers, etc.) If I'm remembering correctly, breakfast stops at 10:30am, similar to most other Mickey D's.

The food court does have a microwave, but I don't recall ever seeing a toaster. Fridges are available for a charge.

We would love to visit ASMO in May 2006! Are there any large groups we need to know about in May? I know ASMO is popular with large touring groups.

Magalex :earsgirl:

Does anyone know if there are the standard hotel items of an ice bucket and ice machine at ASMo? I am bringing some capri sun juices for the kids and I thought I would use that as a make-shift cooler by filling putting the capri suns in the bucket and filling it with ice each night. TIA for your help.

Lizzybee said:
Does anyone know if there are the standard hotel items of an ice bucket and ice machine at ASMo? I am bringing some capri sun juices for the kids and I thought I would use that as a make-shift cooler by filling putting the capri suns in the bucket and filling it with ice each night. TIA for your help.

I decided to call them myself and got the answer, yes they do have buckets and ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter