• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyquest

carolfoy

<font color=cc6633>One has Ones hat and One's orf.
We've never got round to it before, is it a half day or a full day thing? and does anyone know if there are loads of things you have to pay extra for once you're in? I do try and steer clear of arcardes as my son will literallly stand and feed ALL his money into mahcines given half a chance. I beleive we get entry included in the ultimate ticket so we'll try and get over there at some point, any tips or advice very welcome :cool1:

carolfoy said:
I do try and steer clear of arcardes as my son will literallly stand and feed ALL his money into mahcines given half a chance.
Mine too! I swear he will be a gambler when he is older!

I'd like to know about DisneyQuest, too....it looks like a big arcade to me and there are plenty of these in England and at the resorts...is it really worth a visit?

:wizard:

We visited DisneyQuest three times during our two week trip in April because we all found it great fun. DS 10 is arcade mad - but thankfully everything we wanted to do there was included in admission cost. :goodvibes

We spent two to three hours there at a time, its tiring and some parts are very noisy. However, the food is good if limited in choice, and the attractions like Cyber Space Mountain (where you design and ride your own rollercoaster) are excellent. We were there at a fairly quiet time (after Easter) and weekends seemed busier than weekdays.:flower:

I think my DS and DD would go to Disney Quest rather than Epcot or MK. It had a teenage atmosphere that they liked (even though they are 10 and 8) and because of the CM's watchful eyes they roamed around without constant supervision.

Best attractions;

Cyberspace Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Raft ride
Makeover mirrors
Fight the comix
Aladdins Magic Carpet ride.

I thought it was good value and real fun.
Regards
Rosie

Thanks Rosie, will keep to my projected plan of visiting one afternoon the first week and maybe a morning during the second week or maybe all day on the last day if we do the DTD check in ::MickeyMo

We went a few years ago did not like it but everyone is different the only good bit was to design your own roller coaster :crazy:

We went last year on our last day.

We checked in at DTD and then wondered over.

We probably spent 4 hrs in there and it was a good way to spend the last day as it kept us out the heat before our flight home.

Dont remember paying for anything extra but did think that if it wasn't included in the ticket it wouldn't be worth the cost of admission. It got busy by lunch-time but the kids got on most things and quite enoyed it.

MY kids enjoyed themselves for about 2 hours here. We made a point of not using any of the things that cost extra. I found the building quite claustraphobic but not so bad that I wouldn't go back.
The attraction we enjoyed most was the pirate ship which we only came across by chance as I hadn't researched this place very well. (Actually I hadn't researched it at all!)
It was an enjoyable half afternoon but I would have felt cheated if I'd paid the seperate admission charge for it.

Libby

We've had a couple of great afternoon/evening visits here. Jana's DS Gus ( age 11) , he had a great time designing his own roller coaster (cyber space mountain) blowing up treasure ships and "ghost ships" on the Pirates, attacking "baddies" with his lightsabre on the fight the comix (this is funny just watching people taking part) , rescueing colonists from a far away planet while shooting up aliens , etc etc .
I'd like to know about DisneyQuest, too....it looks like a big arcade to me and there are plenty of these in England and at the resorts...is it really worth a visit?
It's SO much more than any arcade that most people are likely to have visited it's not really a viable comparisom.

IMHO if it's included in your ticket options you have absolutely nothing to lose by setting aside an afternoon/evening at DTD , spend a few hours in DQ to see if it's something you want to try again or for longer. As far as paying extra to enter the experience it's very much down to the individual ( or family) if they enjoy that sort of thing, it's INCREADABLY popular with boys from ages 9-19 (and maybe older) less so with girls. For a family with parents that don't think they would try anything there ( IMHO mums are less likely to find something they enjoy than dads ) a workable option might be that mom takes off (maybe with any daughters) to do some shopping/watch a movie/go to the Saratoga Springs resort Spa for a treatment and leave dad and sons to do some male bonding (AKA see who gets the best score on pacman :goodvibes :rotfl2: ) for a few hours in DQ.

We never found the time to go so I would like to go next time.

I know a family who spent every evening of their 14 day holiday there, they didn't see any fireworks or parades but absolutely raved about Disneyquest on their return!!!:rotfl2:

I think it's one of those thing you ave to try for yourself.

We went for one afternoon and i have to say we left after an hour as we were bored(and i wasn't feeling well after cyber space mountain).I have 2 girl's and i think it's more of a boy's thing.

It was far too nosy and busy for me but it think we chose the wrong day as it seemed everyone else had the same idear, and we waited over an hour just to get in.

I guess if it had been a bit more quite it could have make a good couple of hour's.Not sure if we will give it another go and i'm glad we didn't pay any more to get in.

My family of 5 - myself (34), husband (37) and 3 Girls (11, 9 & 6) - we think its absolutely great. We usually go to a water park as soon as it opens and leave about 2-3pm and go straight to Disneyquest. It wasn't particularly busy and didn't have to wait a long time for any of the activities. We didn't spend any money, other than food. We did the Pinball game several times and I have to say I was absolutely knackered when I come off it - but was immense fun. There wasn't a single thing I didn't enjoy! It's a great place to go if you want to lose some calories as you need your strength for a couple of the activities! :thewave:
My girls are absolutely looking forward to it and keep talking about some of the things we did there. I don't believe it more suitable for boys than girls. We all thoroughly recommend a visit :rotfl:

Hiya, we were there last February /March on our first trip. We discovered Disney quest on our fourth day, and went back five different nights to end the day.
My 15 year old daughter and myself went one way, while my husband and son went another.
The boys played all the macho machines and us girls did the face mirrors, make ur own cd's(although the latter cost money) but it was great fun.
Our door entry was free, and yes there is a section that is paying, but just avoid that.
I do agree that the foodchoice could be better, but all in all great fun.
And theres internet access for free so you can talk to your family back home and make them green with envy.
Only 123 days till we go back. :cool1:

1st time we went in we expected to stay about 3-4 hours. we actually stayed from opening to closing at 11pm. went back again last year another full day. Going back again this Oct expecting another full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter