DisneyQuest

autkidd

Planning Away
We are going in December and are going to have a DTD day. With the ticket package there is the admission to Disneyquest. I see that it is basically an arcade. What additional expenses are there in the facility. Is there an additional cost to play the various games?

We have never paid for anything (other than food), so I can't think of any activities there that are not included. And yes, it is basically a giant arcade. I think there are 5 floors of video games, and even some bumper cars and other interactive games.

You pay admission, and that's it (besides food and souvenirs). That's one of the best things about it.

Get tired of playing Zookeeper after 10 minutes? No worries. You have no money invested in it, so move on to Jungle Hunt!

I went to DisneyQuest for the first time last year and was disappointed. All the arcade games are free which is definitely the highlight. They have a create your own roller coaster which you get to side in a simulator similar to Mission Space was ok. The majority of other things are sloppy virtual reality games that are more dizzying than fun. There is a bumper car like area where it seats two people, one is a driver the other picks up balls that are sucked underneath the cars and you use a mini cannon to fire at other cars, but if you get hit you spin around. It sounds very fun in theory but if you get caught in a cross fire you can spend the better part of 5 minutes just spinning in circles. I don't get motion sickness but I did feel nauseous after this, but that also could be due to me and my girlfriend's horrible play. And on the bottom floor there's a river boat game that you row oars but that also seems to work when it feels like it.

My kids love DQ!! They are obsessed with CyberSpace Mountain. For some reason, they much prefer it over SOAT. We go to DQ at least 2x per trip and they do CSM a bunch of times, the Pirate ride a few times, and a couple of random games. We'll spend about 2-3 hours in there at a time.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Seems like something to check out at least.

Disney Quest was definitely the most disappointing thing about my trip a couple of years ago. Like another person said, the free to play arcade games are fun. If that's all I was expecting it would have been good, but they bill it as a lot more. All of the VR stuff is from the 90s or early 2000s and hasn't been updated. I was so perplexed by the terrible execution that I actually looked up why it was so bad. It turns out that Quest was going to be a way to open up a Disney "park" in major cities. They opened one in WDW and one in Chicago (I think?) as a test, but it was a failure. They closed the Chicago one but left the WDW one and it's basically been abandoned since then. If you go, don't expect more than a free to play arcade (which is cool in itself). Everything else is an absolute waste. I'm not returning there for my next trip.

It is a big arcade and not that amazing, but if you have the free admission and a few hours to kill then it's worth checking out. the Pirates of the Caribbean game is GREAT! You stand on a moving deck with 3-D screens all around and cannons, with one ships wheel for the captain. It is a lot of fun! Other than that, the retro games are great, and all on free-play. I play a ton of Ski-ball there!

We go a lot because we also used to buy the 10 day non-expire tickets with the "more" option which included the 10 admissions to either water parks or DisneyQuest. As part of the ticket, I think it's a good diversion type attraction, especially on poor weather days, but I don't think I'd pay the gate price.

Agree with Pirates of the Caribbean, great ride, lots of fun, especially with older children. Younger children can have trouble negotiating the steering and fire the cannons accurately. We don't like the Mighty Ducks pinball game, it never felt like it was working correctly or just very hard to control. Same with the Jungle Cruise, very hard to control correctly to actually do what you want it to. We like CyberSpace mountain a lot. The other simulators/virtual reality attractions can be skipped in our opinion.

The old arcade games are fun, and if it's not too busy there are hundreds of choices. We liked the food better when it was Cheesecake Factory, now it's the same Disney food you find anywhere else.

For as many times as we've been there, it's still a confusing layout to me. There are a lot of kind of hidden hallways and game areas. You get the hang of it after a while, but prepare to lose your kids a few times unless you stay with them the entire time.

For as many times as we've been there, it's still a confusing layout to me. There are a lot of kind of hidden hallways and game areas. You get the hang of it after a while, but prepare to lose your kids a few times unless you stay with them the entire time.

Amen! The architect of that place was a madman! You wouldn't think you could get lost in there, but, believe me, you can.

Just thought of something else in regards to DisneyQuest. In the elevator that took you to the main floor, there used to be a video of the Genie that played on the wall while you traveled. Because the voice was so close to Genie in the movie I assumed they had Robin Williams recreate his Genie voice.

Sadly, last time we were there, not only did they not have the short film on the wall, but they had simply put a piece of cardboard over where the screen used to be. With Timekeeper also gone, is there anywhere left with the talented voice of Robin Williams?

Has anyone been there lately? Is the screen with Genie still missing from the elevators, or was that temporary?

We went to DisneyQuest for the first time last year because we had free passes. And for $0 it was a ripoff in my book. It was a non fun Dave and Busters that cost me 2 hours of wated vacation time. SUPER disappointed in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter