• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyQuest closing

Should Disney Close Disney Quest?

• Yes

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We like DQ, but it IS super run down and incredibly outdated. Feels like the basement of a mall, most times.

We are big sports junkies in our house and my older son LOVES basketball. This will be a perfect addition for us...bowling in the AM and then NBA Experience in the evening? Great day at Disney that does not require FP, hell, even setting foot in a park!

Bring it on, Disney....this is the kind of changes I like to see!!

Not super pleased. Yes, it needed updates, but those could have been done instead of closing it.

I'll never do the NBA thing. Couldn't care less about basketball, personally. Also a basketball thing seems a little random for DTD. Seems more WWoS.

I'm not upset about DQ going (went there twice, wasn't a huge fan), but I agree that NBA seems an odd choice to replace it and that would be better at WWoS. I mean, I've never even been to WWoS--wouldn't it be nice to have something there to actually draw people in?

Vegas should be taking bets now on how long the NBA Experience remains open. I'll go with 3 years. The only way that they get anyone through those doors is if admission is free.

I was actually surprised the NASCAR place closed at Universal. It always seemed to be busy and we enjoyed the food when we went.

As for Disneyquest...If it was updated I think it could have brought in more people. I don't "get" the NBA themed place. Why not do something related to Disney or Star Wars?

You know, I was just thinking that DTD really needed another place to eat and buy stuff. :rolleyes2

Ha!

Arcades have died out for awhile now and now that kids have games on cell phones theirs no point at all.

Not even true. Having an 11 year old boy shows me how much arcades are actually still LOVED. The kid adored DQ when we got to go the one time (it was just unfortunate timing as I was unknowingly already about to get supersick and then he got sick too, and now DQ goes along with being sick for 3 weeks even though it had little to do with it) and he goes to arcades whenever he can. And he plays games on his fauxn (that's a phone without a SIM in it LOL) and DS and PS3. But he loves arcade games.

Well, on the bright side, this will save me a good deal of money. My son would go to DQ, and I would walk around and shop. It was the only reason we ever went to DTD. Now we can skip going over there altogether and hang out at the pool.

This news stinks.

I've never been to Disney Quest. I'm not a video game person and would prefer to devote my precious Disney time to either the parks, eating or the pool, but I always thought some of the attractions looked cool on the Disney travel specials on tv. I was aware that the facility was outdated.

But NBA experience??? I would be all for closing DQ if it meant replacing it with something else uniquely Disney--maybe a new theater for Disney broadway stage shows?

I have no interest in the NBA or basketball, so the replacement has zero appeal to me. Obviously, it's not "all about me" but I don't understand why they think this new place will be successful. NBA City and NASCAR are closed now at CityWalk. Heck, they even closed the Richard Petty experience at the MK parking lot. Why are they thinking yet another 3rd party sports themed establishment will do well?

With this on top of the recent Animation building announcement at DHS (with no news on what's coming for DHS other than yet more closures), I'm really disappointed with Disney today.

I guess I'll be in the minority and say "hooray". lol. Never liked DQ. loud, kids running amok nad dark. I thought the best thing about it was the elevator ride.

I find it amusing how negative every thread is.

They are replacing an old, expensive arcade with a new concept. I have almost no interest in the NBA but I will certainly be checking it out when it opens. I have walked past the expensive arcade every year after I sampled their "games" the first time. A few will likely make their way to future world, the rest will be scrapped or put into resort arcades.

What's negative about it?? People can have an opinion about stuff. What, if we don't get excited about every change the mouse world makes we're negative.

I find it amusing how negative every thread is.

They are replacing an old, expensive arcade with a new concept. I have almost no interest in the NBA but I will certainly be checking it out when it opens. I have walked past the expensive arcade every year after I sampled their "games" the first time. A few will likely make their way to future world, the rest will be scrapped or put into resort arcades.
It isn't a new concept.

Down Town Disney's (Disney Spring) Disney Quest will close in 2016 to make room for an NBA Experience. Disney Quest is a five story arcade: pay one price and play as much as you want all day. It includes bumper cars, interactive experiences, and a food court. I don't understand this move. Every year we spend probably five days in Disney Quest and the place is usually packed. What do you think?

Well, at least we'll get to visit this August for a last time. My kids, and even me, really enjoy it. Much more so than we will ever enjoy an "NBA Experience". Really?

I get that they wanted to get rid of DQ (I am/was a fan, personally), I think we can all accept that. It's just what they are replacing it with that boggles the mind.

But NBA experience??? I would be all for closing DQ if it meant replacing it with something else uniquely Disney--maybe a new theater for Disney broadway stage shows?

Your idea for a Broadway style theater for a Broadway caliber show borders on genius. Having a real Disney Broadway show (and not just a dumbed down 20 minute stage version of the movies, I'm looking at you "Beauty and the Beast- Live On Stage") along with La Nouba and all the restaurants at Disney Springs might generate more of a buzz. It just seems to fit. I don't think they would have much of a problem selling out almost every show and it would probably generate a whole lot more income than DQ or the NBA Experience ever could.

I'm indifferent. Disneyquest was never really my thing. I tried it once during my college program and it just wasn't for me. The thing the are replacing it with, though, doesn't interest me, either. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, I suppose.

It isn't a new concept.
Exactly. Contract ran out with universal so I guess Disney just scooped it up. Never saw too many people dying to go to Citywalk for the NBA experience, but to each there own I guess. I wish they had considered an overhaul of DisneyQuest rather than a new overlay but I suppose that would have been way more expensive

I don't follow the NBA at all and only went twice to Disney Quest when my kids were younger. This is a big yawn for me.

No but it has been few years since my last visit.It seemed to be a great place for the younger crowd.DW and I are older folks so sometimes we felt like we sort of out of place.just wondering has Disney been updating the last few years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter