Disneymooners

disney13

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys,

I applied to become a member of Disneymooners but haven't received any reply. Has anyone else tried to join lately and heard from them?

Thanks,
Andy

How long ago was it? If it's been awhile, try applying again. Sometimes things go wrong. I'm sure they'll approve you as soon as they can.

What is a Disneymooners member? Is it another thread you need to apply for? Im just curious because I just got back this week from my honeymoon in disney.

There is a lot more detailed information there than here about wedding planning... it's a very large board with various sections about many different aspects of planning. Personally, I feel that my wedding will be about 10 times better thanks to Disneymooners.

And, contrary to what someone posted in another thread, I have never heard anything bad about Disneymooners from a FTW cast member, either before or after they found out I was on that board. If anything, it makes me a much easier customer to deal with because I don't have to go to them with every little question and can contact them primarily for the big stuff.

pouncingpluto said:
There is a lot more detailed information there than here about wedding planning... it's a very large board with various sections about many different aspects of planning. Personally, I feel that my wedding will be about 10 times better thanks to Disneymooners.

And, contrary to what someone posted in another thread, I have never heard anything bad about Disneymooners from a FTW cast member, either before or after they found out I was on that board. If anything, it makes me a much easier customer to deal with because I don't have to go to them with every little question and can contact them primarily for the big stuff.

AMEN! If it weren't for the Disneymooners, SO many things wouldn't have been in my wedding -- the invitations we used, the confetti exit, the sandalwood fans, Major Domo, the caricature artist...even the dessert party with my FAVORITE tuxedo strawberries!

That's great for those that depended so much on the DM's. I'm feeling kind of bad for all these future Disney Brides that were not gettting acceptance as they do here. I got accepted on to the DM's and didn't care for it much. Maybe someone that's been on there can figure out why other future Disney brides keep getting turned a way. :confused3

Shonnel :earsgirl:

EvilinaDM101 said:
That's great for those that depended so much on the DM's. I'm feeling kind of bad for all these future Disney Brides that were not gettting acceptance as they do here. I got accepted on to the DM's and didn't care for it much. Maybe someone that's been on there can figure out why other future Disney brides keep getting turned a way. :confused3

Shonnel :earsgirl:

Shonnel, to be accepted here on the DIS you just need an email address and voila you're in with over 77,000 others :)

Just to add as a member of the Disneymooners I did not "depend" on them just as I did not "depend" on the DIS but any help I could get from anywhere to plan my wedding was sure appreciated and I'll be truthful it wouldn't have been the wedding it was if it weren't for members both there and here.

As stated elsewhere here on the DIS if anybody is wishing to become a member of Disneymooners then firstly you have to be planning a Wedding or Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World, DisneyLand or Disney Cruise Line. There are a number of questions that have to be answered fully in order to have your application processed let alone passed. If your membership has not been approved then there is an email address that you can write to on the application to discuss this further.

In answer to your concern Shonnel, Disneymooners is a private board and as such membership can be denied at the Owners discretion so only they can say why an application has been refused.

Fantasia Sam said:
Shonnel, to be accepted here on the DIS you just need an email address and voila you're in with over 77,000 others :)

Just to add as a member of the Disneymooners I did not "depend" on them just as I did not "depend" on the DIS but any help I could get from anywhere to plan my wedding was sure appreciated and I'll be truthful it wouldn't have been the wedding it was if it weren't for members both there and here.

As stated elsewhere here on the DIS if anybody is wishing to become a member of Disneymooners then firstly you have to be planning a Wedding or Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World, DisneyLand or Disney Cruise Line. There are a number of questions that have to be answered fully in order to have your application processed let alone passed. If your membership has not been approved then there is an email address that you can write to on the application to discuss this further.

In answer to your concern Shonnel, Disneymooners is a private board and as such membership can be denied at the Owners discretion so only they can say why an application has been refused.

Well said! Just wanted to add something -- I LOVED my EM and thought the world of her. She did everything she could to make our day magic and we couldn't have done it without her there. Also, back when I was planning, Disney's FTW website wasn't NEARLY as detailed as it is today! That said, Disney's policy is "if you can dream it, we can do it" BUT if you don't have the idea, you can't ask for it. With Disney, EVERYTHING is an option! That is what is so great about forums like this one and the DMers. Members bounce ideas off each other and share what they are doing - by doing this, other couples may decide to do the same thing. Disney has SO much to offer that it can't all possibly be put in writing (not to mention INFLATION which seems to affect Disney more often than the gas prices!) And truthfully, some of the things I liked best (like the confetti exit) weren't Disney things at all -- I bought the confetti wands online and brought them to Disney. I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was bashing the wonderful Disney employees - the employees are what makes the *magic* for me! It's just you can't ask for something you don't know you want!

That's exactly what it is for me, too... IDEAS CENTRAL. :) Disneymooners made me aware of all the many, many options there are out there... and I don't just mean locations... I mean all the ways there are of doing everything. Our wedding is going to be much more customized to our liking than it would have been without Disneymooners.

And I, too, LOVE our wedding planner. She is *amazing*... everything you could ask for in a wedding planner... extremely personable AND extremely detail-oriented. I feel very fortunate.

How do I become a member? I can't even find a link to the website. Do you HAVE to already have a EM assigned? I signed my contract but do not have a EM yet.

Luvndisney said:
How do I become a member? I can't even find a link to the website. Do you HAVE to already have a EM assigned? I signed my contract but do not have a EM yet.

Go to http://www.disneymooner.com/
You do not have to have an EM assigned - you just need to make sure the application is as complete as possible. Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter