Disneymoon TR . . .starts page 7

Just a random have to share:

YAY engagement photos are Sunday. That helps balance out a slightly stressful Saturday.

See Saturday is my 2nd fitting - and my dad & brother & mother are joining me. Why....well because Saturday is also my late brother's birthday. So we'll get up, go to bridal shop, finally get my father fitted for his tux, go purchase the jewelry since we'll be 5 minutes from the store and then go to the cemetary. What an up & down day.

Oh my goodness. This weekend was a mass of contradictions. What could go wrong did....

Lets see when to get my 2nd dress fitting and the bridal shop 1. Ordered the wrong color veil and 2. Didnt order my slip. Thats right ladies, not only did my veil come in but incorrectly...they completely did NOT order the necessary to be fitted correctly underskirt.

Drama 2 . . . the bridesmaid that I've had some recent frustrations with calls me today all upset. Turns out she went in to get her bridesmaid dress & its the wrong dress....correct color & length, just wrong style. Mind you - its because she ordered the wrong one. And the reason she's sooooo upset is because it doesnt fit her in the upper region correctly & I already had to call the bridal shop to fix the order 2 months ago. Plus she doesnt want to "stand out." Now I try to remain calm and say its ok, we have a guy & two girls. So they will each have a slightly different outfit. No big deal. Well she flips, so I call the David's Bridal store in her city - they city I drove to so she could try this on with me - and basically fix it, again. All she has to do is bring the dress back in, which I still dont know why she took it home in the first damn place, and I call her back. Well because the new dress cant arrive till 2 weeks before my wedding she is all "well if we cant rush order it there is no point. My mom will just alter this one" Excuse me!!!:eek::eek::eek: I just spent 30 min on the phone FIXING something & you tell me nevermind!!?!?!?! So yea - I am upset.

And on a total opposite note: DF and I had our engagement shoot today. So hopefully I'll have those pics soon. And to top it all off, I am having issues with Migraines. Like knock me out ones. DDad thinks I am having stress issues, DF is ready to throttle members of the bridal party for me. Me - I just want to breathe. I thought having the wedding planning done. I mean it done. We have the bridal party gifts, the parents gifts on the way, and its done. I though no stress. Evidently not.:confused3

The pictures are gorgeous! I would have a hard time picking favorites, you are an adorable couple :goodvibes

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Well DF & I met with our wedding coordinator for the site on Sunday evening. We selected the menu (southwestern chicken in white wine, roast beef, candied carrots, etc . . .yummy!!!) Arranged our table settings. Based on the design it will be lots of circles on a square "room" :rotfl::rotfl:

We selected our cake. Its similar to the below one but its circle / square / circle. Ivory colored, white chocolate flavored icing, with almond pound cake flavor & rasberry filling. The ribbon & vine branches will all be a coppery color. YAY for that. sorry for the large image, closest i could find.

blog17.jpg

We selected the aisle runner look, which is shepards hook's holding up lengths of ivory tulle. Quite pretty. Similar to below:

aisle.jpg

Because our wedding is in a gazebo, we are also going to drape tulle over the main arch above DF & I, and also have hanging baskets of flowers on the outer edges. That is our whole ceremony decor. :-D

The only downside to all of this is that there is a wedding only 4 hours prior to ours at the same location. We are handling all the decor so yea...wasnt to please, but what can you do? :confused3 So here is to trusting a lot of relatives that i havent seen in YEARS to follow directions. Luckily the one is my aunt and she's soooooo creative that i trust her. Plus she's making our centerpieces so I know she understands ;)

So much more was decided its actually kind of over-whelming. Now we get to focus on making the invites, which I will post when I can, Assembling everything together to get mailed, Sewing the table overlays, putting together boxes for each table for set-up purposes, and pulling together the bridal party gifts /out-of-town guest gifts / wedding favors. Hardly when you think about it. :rotfl::rolleyes:

Also - we are getting ready to make our ADR's. Because I'm overly attentive to details I've made a handy-dandy daily spreadsheet. :goodvibes I'm not trying to be TOOO planning, but at the same time I'd like an idea of what is happening and when. I've put it all in this excel spreadsheet and want to share / get opinions on it, but I dont know how. Can anyone advise me?

Welp its done, our ADR's are made. :cool1: I had scheduled these best I could around various parades, shows, and EMH. Very confusing!!!

Either way I think I did a decent job so here we go:
Mon: Sci-Fi for lunch

Tues: Coral Reef for dinner

WEd: CP char breakfast & HDDR for mid-dinner seating. I paid extra to get the 1st seating section since I figured, eh why not its our honeymoon. :goodvibes

Thu: California Grill for dinner and a Wishes viewing

Fri: Kona Cafe for dinner early and then a rush to see Spectro.

All in all I think I did quite well. Now to just make a loose schedule for the days/parks and I am set. HAHHA.

Wedding wise, the bags for the Aunts, Grandmas, and bridesmaids came in. :banana: I sat down with my DM and put together the bags for my girls just because we have all the stuff, so hey what I can get done and shuffled into a "box" works for me. I am not a last minute kind of gal. Plus we were able to select what all would go in the grandparents / aunts bags. Since they are all from out of the area, either FL or NY, we are going to make a smogerishboard of all things Georgia and/or fall related to our wedding location. Peach tea, peach jam, dried peaches, some apple cider donuts (YUM!!!!!!), some coke, RC cola, moonpies, peanuts. I think we were also going to take my DM's fancy camera up to the N. GA mountains and get some nice pics and then make prints of those for the bags. All in all a nice well-rounded and tasty treats that are going to be going into personalized bags.

Now onto a completely different subject matter:

Make-up. I dont normally wear make-up except for special occasions and what I do wear is limited to basic foundation, powder, blush, and lip gloss.

So the big question for me is 1. how do i amp up my look without looking trashy? and 2. what is good make-up that isnt overly-costly?

I am doing my own make-up with my one Bridesmaid as she used to do it professionally, but I still need an idea of what is good make-up. I'd like to avoid mall prices, but want a better quality & longer lasting make-up than say wal-mart brands.

So do I allow more $$ for something like say Avon or Merle Norman? Or do I stick with what I know in the Ulta / drug-store brands (i.e. Maybelline, etc)? I just dont know. :confused3

In honor of a loved one:

So I have a tattoo. Its in memory of my little brother who passed away 3 years ago today. I know many members of my family (excluding DF & immediate family) either dont know of the tattoo and/or would highly disapprove of me showing at my wedding. I also know that many a bride has covered her tattoos. So what do i do? Do I leave it knowing that hey, my mom and dad and youngest bro have one too....not that theirs will show. Or do I leave it be and say screw it to those who might not like it knowing what it means to me?

Its not huge, really its maybe 5"x9" on my shoulder but it will definately show with my dress. I personally dont care what family thinks, its my body and my brother and my way of honoring that loss when he hsould be with us. However i dont want to listen to all the *****ing.

Hi Stephi! And congratulations!

I'm not a bride planning a Disneymoon, but I thought I'd stop by and check out your report. My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year, but I do remember the stress of planning and preparing for the big day!

Hang in there! You'll get through it, I promise!!

Kathy

Your reservations look great! I always seem to feel better when I am getting things done!

As far as the tattoo, if you feel comfortable having it show, let it show. If you would prefer to cover it due to family concerns, then do that. I would do what makes you happy, you can always honor your brother another way with a candle, or flower on a chair. Personally, I would probably cover the tattoo and do another remembrance just so it was not in all the pictures, but that's just me. You have to do what will make you happy.

All I can say is that it will all work out, one way or another, it will all work out.

Your reservations look great! I always seem to feel better when I am getting things done!

As far as the tattoo, if you feel comfortable having it show, let it show. If you would prefer to cover it due to family concerns, then do that. I would do what makes you happy, you can always honor your brother another way with a candle, or flower on a chair. Personally, I would probably cover the tattoo and do another remembrance just so it was not in all the pictures, but that's just me. You have to do what will make you happy.

All I can say is that it will all work out, one way or another, it will all work out.

I think you are right, so I will keep it showing. :P I got it for a reason.

Hi Stephi! And congratulations!

I'm not a bride planning a Disneymoon, but I thought I'd stop by and check out your report. My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year, but I do remember the stress of planning and preparing for the big day!

Hang in there! You'll get through it, I promise!!

Kathy
Awww congrats for you and your DH. :goodvibes

Well this weekend was an adventure. We had our first meeting with a Pre-Marital counselor and it was very good. Both of us walked out of there feeling as though a weight had been lifted, that we had been able to communicate much more effectively, and then went on to enjoy a wonderful dinner.

We also printed all of the invitations, now just to assemble the 6 pieces per invite. Address the envelopes, add the directions because somehow I know "on top of ___ mountain" wont work as a location description, and stamp everything. No big deal right? :goodvibes:lmao:

Off Topic warning:
Now then, I'd also like to take a quick moment just to ask for some prayers, pixie dust, well wishes, anything positive you got up your sleeve for DF & I & well my whole family. On Friday I found out that its a 70% chance that I have stage 1 cervical cancer. I go for the final biopsy on Thursday. This situation is particularly terrifying for DF because his mother passed away from cervical cancer, and my brother recently passed from another cancer. So to find this out only 2 and a half months prior to our wedding is hard. Harder still when I realize I'll only be 25 on the 4th. So please...anything positive, just pray this test comes back with no cancer or if it is cancer...the kind that only needs to be cut out and that has a 99% survival rate. Thanks.

Well this weekend was an adventure. We had our first meeting with a Pre-Marital counselor and it was very good. Both of us walked out of there feeling as though a weight had been lifted, that we had been able to communicate much more effectively, and then went on to enjoy a wonderful dinner.

We also printed all of the invitations, now just to assemble the 6 pieces per invite. Address the envelopes, add the directions because somehow I know "on top of ___ mountain" wont work as a location description, and stamp everything. No big deal right? :goodvibes:lmao:

Off Topic warning:
Now then, I'd also like to take a quick moment just to ask for some prayers, pixie dust, well wishes, anything positive you got up your sleeve for DF & I & well my whole family. On Friday I found out that its a 70% chance that I have stage 1 cervical cancer. I go for the final biopsy on Thursday. This situation is particularly terrifying for DF because his mother passed away from cervical cancer, and my brother recently passed from another cancer. So to find this out only 2 and a half months prior to our wedding is hard. Harder still when I realize I'll only be 25 on the 4th. So please...anything positive, just pray this test comes back with no cancer or if it is cancer...the kind that only needs to be cut out and that has a 99% survival rate. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the invites. . .I'm sure they will be gorgeous! I just finished mine, so I know how you feel.

I will keep you in my prayers, my dear. :grouphug:pixiedust:pixiedust: Keep us posted.

Praying for you. My friend had cervical cancer in her 20s. They did the procedure, and she thought she might not be able to carry kids because of it. But, she has two boys. Hope that's not TMI...just wanted you to know that positive stories are common!

I just got caught up on your pj...I love your cake! I had one really close to that in mind when I was doing a fall theme, it's really beautiful! I think I'd give you a run for the title of 'most indecisive" bride though and I'm now doing blue...:confused3

I know your frustration with your bridesmaid! My MOH hasn't even gone to order her dress yet and my wedding is in 2 months!! :mad: I guess I've just got to a point where I'm considering it "her" problem, not mine. I've also taken up drinking...:lmao:

I'm thinking of you and hope all turns out well with the cervical cancer; you'll be in my prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter