Disneymoon Assistance Needed!!

AlienBrain

Disney Fan Since '84
I am in need of assistance from some of you Disney Veterans. I proposed to my fiance this past New Years Even on the Monorail. It was her first trip to WDW and now she is hooked. My fiance and I have decided to have our honeymoon at WDW (we are going the week of Aug. 10). We are set on staying at one of the main three Deluxe Resorts (GF, Poly, or CR). Our top two choices are GF and Poly. Here are my questions:

What are your suggestions of those resorts and why?

How do I get a room with a King-sized bed at Poly if I decide to stay there?

How do you suggest I make the reservations to be the most cost-effective because I want to save as much money as possible for recreational activities when we are there (AAA, through Disney, or a TA, etc.)?

What pre-planning suggestions do you have that will help make my honeymoon better?

Some more questions may arise, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions ... thanks all!!!:)

The only king size rooms at the Poly are the Honeymoon Suites as well as other suites. I was told this when we checked in for the wedding. They will offer to upgrade you (be forwarded its a lot of money)

I love the Poly though & having 2 queen beds wasn't that bad. I told my mom this and her response was rather funny: "Thats good...so you have one for you know :rolleyes1 and then one to sleep in."

The only real danger here is that once you go Grand, you never go back. :lmao: At least, that's how it was for me. :) If you're looking to save money, and you don't have a gut-reaction towards one or the other, then I would base it on each resort's price for the time you'll be there. Either one can be as romantic as you want it to be and the Poly lobby (there's something so pleasing about the sound of that, Poly lobby, anyway...) is fun and lovely and exotic while the GF's is much more quiet and magnificent and a bit like walking into your extreemely wealthy grandmother's house. Whichever you choose though I'm sure you'll have a great time, it's your Honeymoon! How could you not? You've got the lady you love and Disney all in one place. :goodvibes

No hot tub at the polynesian, if that matters. The queen beds are probably big enough, and sometimes it is handy to have two.

I'd book AAA room only though disney directly (call in, not online) and then wait for a better sale. Or book through one on the disney specialty travel agents, like Dreams Unlimited (dreamsunlimitedtravel.com I think) and have them watch for discounts for you. They can book the AAA room only discount.

Have you looked into renting DVC points? It might be fun to have a 1 bedroom villa for part of your trip. They have a king bed, bathroom with jacuzzi tub, living room & kitchen. If you decide a queen bed is ok, you can do a studio, which doesn't have the big tub and is basically just a hotel room with "kitchenette" but the layout (queen + sofabed) is good for 2 people. You could stay at the Boardwalk villas or Beach Club villas. The Epcot area is lots of fun, and a nice contrast from the monorail resorts. We loved being able to walk from Epcot to BCV!

Studios with point rental are the best deal around! Weekends are much more points/$$, so if you do just sun-thursday you'll save a lot. There is a separate DVC board for info & one for renting points.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter