Disneyland with a baby

jcroc

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone - I know about baby swapping for rides, but we're doing Disneyland and DCA with a 4 month old in a month. I was wondering if you have any tips? I'm particularly interested in what rides she might be able to go on e.g. can baby go on rides like Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion?

Note the location of the Baby Center in each park. In DL it's at the end of Main Street, to the right as you enter the hub. In DCA it's tucked in behind Ghiradelli's on the Wharf. That's where you can have a nursing room, a place to prepare and wash bottles, highchairs for feeding, and they have extra supplies like diapers, baby food, and pacifiers (cash only) for when something is forgotten or lost. For older kids there are child-sized potties.

Both our kids started going to the parks at under a month old. Don't forget that with a baby so young, your body is also adjusting to being a parent and the physical affect it has, especially if you have the added recovery time of giving birth a few months ago (no assumptions being made here, just things to remember if they apply to you). So don't resist taking a break if your body is telling you to do so. Some of my favourite Disneyland moments are sitting down, having a snack, while one of my kids slept in the stroller, and watching the park life happen around me.

We took our youngest DD to Disney World at 3 months and Disneyland at 11 months. It had been many, many years since we had visited WDW and our first time at DL.

We took her on some of the no height requirement rides at WDW.

Just keep in mind that there is a dark drop in Pirates (2 drops at DL).
I went on Peter Pan's flight and the ship leans forward a little bit at times.
I read that you cannot ride with the baby in a baby carrier and so we did not even attempt that.

At DL, some of the older rides are jerky even if they don't have a height requirement (snow white's and mr. Toad's).

The canal boats were relaxing but still made me a bit nervous when getting in and out :-)

Casey Jr's train and Jungle Cruise are other things we rode. And of course it's a small world. Haunted mansion was fine also.

In DCA, there are Ariel's ride and several rides in Bug's Land from what I can remember.

I've taken our daughter to DL at 3 mos and 15 mos. 3 mos was so easy!!!! She slept a lot and nursed a lot and was so fun. We went with my whole family so there was lots of help.

Keep the babe warm and out of the sun. You don't need to bring much! Just diapers and a change of clothes and blanket!

Have fun. It's totally doable! We are going again when our kiddies are 16 mos and almost 3 yo! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter