• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Winnie the Pooh preview

Thanks for the link. So far, so good. I wish they had been able to take photos of the inside, though...

I suppose we'll see a soft opening in March sometime, if they've scheduled an April opening. I'll try to check it out.

Sarangel

Entry/exit reminds me alot of Splash at WDW.

This is also similar to Splash at DL.

The reason for that is likely continuity. Since DL's Pooh is going to be in "Critter Country", it makes sense that they would use decor that fits in with the area.

MK's Pooh is in Fantasyland, so the "Splash-type" decor wouldn't fit.

It looks pretty good & I'm sure that Critter Country will draw it's fair share of the crowd to it's land.

I just re-read my post and realized it might not be clear to those who have not been to DL and are only familiar with MK.

Splash in DL is not located in Frontierland, but instead is in a sort of mini-land called Critter Country. The only other attraction in this "land" is the canoes. The Country Bears were there of course, but are being replaced by Pooh. The main reason as I understand it is to find something other than Splash to get folks to this area of the park.

I'm pretty sure that before Critter Country, the Bears and the canoes were a part of Frontierland.

Regardless, the look of this mini-land is very similar to Frontierland, so that's why the Pooh attraction looks so much like Splash, as opposed to the Pooh in MK's Fantasyland.

At first I thought Pooh wouldn't really fit in CC, and belonged in Fantasyland. But after more thought, and now seeing the pictures, I think it can fit very well. Certainly as well as the Song of the South characters in Splash. Poohs colors are mostly earth tones, so they shouldn't stand out too much.

Matt, I think most of the posters on this board have at least a basic knowledge of the layout of DL.

Then again I used the term "E-ticket" (on another board) & someone thought I meant "E-nights" & I had to explain that the old ticket terms are still used in regards to the type of ride. I would have thought that was pretty common knowledge, but I guess not? :confused:

BTW to my recollection they were part of Fantasyland & it made things akward (almost an sideways S type layout for Frontierland) when NO Square opened.

:confused:

On LaughingPlace.com's tour, the ride vehicles look a lot like rethemed Rocket Rod cars. Just a thought, are they recycling? Did anybodyelse notice.

Here's the link to LaughingPlace:

www.laughingplace.com

Evan :jester:

Originally posted by raidermatt
I'm pretty sure that before Critter Country, the Bears and the canoes were a part of Frontierland.
Before Splash Mountain, the area tha contained the Country Bears was known as Bear Country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter