• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyLand vs WDW

Adam1217

Mouseketeer
so if you had to pick one that is better then the other what park wins???? Im arguing with someone right now about whether WDL or WDW is better, so what do you guys think?????

WDW is way better than DL/DCA. BUT comparing Magic Kingdom to Disneyland, I like Disneyland better.

I agree that as a whole resort area, WDW is better than the Disneyland Resort complex. But on a park to park comparison, Disneyland in California is much better than the Magic Kingdom in Florida.

Another vote for:
overall resort - WDW
individual park - DL

DL has more attractions in an easy to navigate size, more nostalgia, Fantasyland is better themed, Rivers of America more lively.

Disneyland has Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr. Train, the Submarine ride, The Matterhorn, etc. Magic Kingdom doesn't.

Definitely WDW as a resort. DL just has the MK and CA. IMO, CA is just a step above a amusement park. The rollercoaster is the main thing there for me and they've added TOT in that park. Their MK is nice although Sleeping Beauty's castle is smaller. Everything is laid out closer to each other. I like the entrance to POC but I like HM in WDW better. Dl does have the Indiana Jones' ride though!

Still, WDW has way more to do with all the other parks, the water parks, etc.

Not to mention that at DL's version of POC, you go down two large waterfalls and you get to visit the treasure room, which is missing from the WDW version. At DCA in Anaheim you have the original Soarin' over CA. Why they don't call it that at WDW is beyond me... its the same film after all. The pre ride show at the WDW soarin' is very boring and stark, while the one in CA has aircraft photos and memorabilia.

I would say the MK has a better HM, SM & Snow white's scary adventure. Oh and the Winnie the pooh ride at MK is radically better than the cheap, bargain basement version out in CA. Thats true of the new ToT at DCA in cA as well. What a waste of money. Don't worry, DCA is getting a major top to bottom overhaul. New entryway - say buh bye to the golden gate bridge and a ton of other things. Oh yes and DCA has the ONLY Monster's Inc. ride. Does the MK have the canue ride around the rivers of America or is that just in CA?

I do agree that DL has a better Pirates of the Caribbean than WDW though. Do they still have the restaurant there?

MagicMe said:
... Dl does have the Indiana Jones' ride though!

WDW has Indiana Jones too. They just decorated it with Dinosaurs instead of Pigmys. (the track layouts are the same)

Edit: I guess I should answer the question while I'm at it:
I've never been to WDW (yet) but I pretty much agree that as a vacation destination, WDW is king, but I'm willing to bet that I will like DL over MK.

They're both excellent parks in their own right. Any Disney freak needs to make a pilgrimmage to each at least once (although I recommend as often as possible!) :sunny:

Darian said:
At DCA in Anaheim you have the original Soarin' over CA. Why they don't call it that at WDW is beyond me... its the same film after all. The pre ride show at the WDW soarin' is very boring and stark, while the one in CA has aircraft photos and memorabilia.

Probably because since DCA is designed to celebrate California specifically, it will always be about California. In Epcot, I think the plan is to change the film soon, so by calling in Soarin' you wouldn't need to change the name, signage, merchandise, etc, if the film changes. Keeping the preshow less CA themed also makes it so that that doesn't have to change when the film changes.

I havent been to D/L since I was a little girl. I do remember POTC being really cool and wanting to eat at the resturant, also I remember the Alice in Wonderland Ride. Also the Castle was one you could walk through and there were little windows that you could look in that would tell the story of Sleeping Beauty.

madcat said:
...Also the Castle was one you could walk through and there were little windows that you could look in that would tell the story of Sleeping Beauty.

It was a very sad day when they closed that. :sad2:

I was just disappointed in DL because of its location. It's right in the middle of all of that STUFF. I love DW location because it truly is a whole world unto itself. Once again showing the genius of Walt Disney.. to try again in FL.

Sooze said:
I was just disappointed in DL because of its location. It's right in the middle of all of that STUFF. I love DW location because it truly is a whole world unto itself. Once again showing the genius of Walt Disney.. to try again in FL.

When it was built it wasn't in the middle of all that stuff, it was in the middle of a bunch of orchards. The rest of it grew up around it. Also they went into so much debt at the time that that was about all they could get, DL enabled them to fund WDW...

For dh and myself we love both places but WDW is the favorite. We live closer to DL so as our grandchildren turn 4 we take them to DL for their birthdays but we go to WDW every year. Every year dh gives me another day there and this year we are up to 12 days! YEAH! I am counting the days! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter