• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland vs New York Upgrade

mumof3

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last March and obviously loved it!! Money at bit tight this year so wondered whether we should stay at the New York but upgrade to a Lake View Room (not much extra) or go for the Disneyland (Standard room, £800 xtra) What do you think? Do we still get the fastpass advantage in the lake view room and wot other advantage of upgrading? Thanks for reading!!

Hi - I am pretty sure that the fastpass is only for DLH guests. You can of course take advantage of getting fastpasses once in the park.

I can't think of any other advantages to having a lake view other than being at the front of the hotel, a better view and in the main block rather than out on one of the wings.

One thing to note about the lake view at NY if you have kids - my friends when staying there recently on one of the lower floors had the kids woken by the street cleaning machines at the 3am mark every day they were there.

Hi, we love the HNY, and I think it is a really good alternative to the DLH and is some ways better,(we have stayed at both) it less hectic in the public areas, and is more sophisticated in its themeing plus it is right next Disney Village, we eat mostly at the village.

upgrading is a personal thing, basically if you want a nicer view, the rooms are no different, I would not pay extra just for a view, some people like I nice view though. I also would not let Fast passes influence my decision as already said anyone can use the fast pass system for free ad the DLH fast passes have restrictions on them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter