Disneyland virgin with questions...

krueg66

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to Disneyland for the first time next week. We are big time Disney fans and are really looking forward to it. Can you guys answer a few questions for us??

1. We are staying at Paradise Pier...opinions???

2. How are the crowds this time of year? We'll be there the 28th to the 2nd.

Thanks guys!!!

PP is a nice hotel. We stayed there last Oct. The theme park views are wonderful! Some people complain about the slow speed of the elevators, we never had an issue with them. Our complaint was the walking distance. We have small children (3 and 7 ) at the time. By night time they were tired and it was a LONG walk back. Mornings were not nearly as bad. LOL We found cutting thru the Grand really cut some time off the walk.

Next week is going to be busy. This week sort of kicked off the summer rush. Next week Pirates will be running again, as will Fantasmic which hasnt been showing the last few day (due to the pirates premier). Go early, take a break in the afternoon and return in the evening. Use fast pass!

I have yet to stay at the Paradise Pier. It looks nice inside and out. I personally love the Disneyland Hotel. We stayed there last year during July15-18 for the big 50th Celebration. We loved that hotel.

I am sure you will love the Paradise Pier just as well.

Expect the crowds to be quite heavy and it will very hot during that week. :cool1:

Use the fast passes as much as you can. I usually go for Splash mountain fast pass first because that pass will run out quickly and the stand by line is around a 90min wait during the summer months.

Just plan out your rides accordingly,have fun, and keep cool!

if you have a car and are not from california find an In and Out Burger and enjoy yourself, oh and thank me later.

We haven't had a chance to stay there either. We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand California, and we loved both of them. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with staying at any of the on site hotels. I have heard that the walk can be a bit longer from the PP though.

As far as the crowds. Yea I think next week is going to be bad. With the 4th coming up, Pirates opening back up, it will probably be pretty packed. I agree with all the tips above though! Have a great safe trip!

Thanks for the input so far!!!

We're coming from Florida, so it will be quite cool to us!!! It was well over 100 with the heat index today!

We are Disney World veterans, sounds like the same advice about fastpast, etc. as here at WDW...

I've stayed at PP a few times. The rooms are decent sized for two people and have subtle Disney decor. They offer a character meal (Lilo & Stitch) at breakfast. This one is nice because you can opt for either the buffet or order off the menu. There is a lounge which has a coffee/latte bar in the mornings which is nice.

As others have said, it is a long walk to the parks! It's a quick walk to DCA if the back entrance is open, but to DL it's very long. As someone else said, cut through the Grand Californian.

Yes, plus the famous get there early and head to Fantasyland......and a unique one for DL, hop over to DCA in the afternoon when DL is at it's crowdest

Judy from Boise said:
Yes, plus the famous get there early and head to Fantasyland......and a unique one for DL, hop over to DCA in the afternoon when DL is at it's crowdest

Great advice, and don't forget to get a tortilla appetizer from the Mission factory tour...."MESECA"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter