Disneyland Transportation Situation

MoonPrincess25

Earning My Ears
Here is the Situation: My family has a Disneyland Vacation in the Summer. We are arriving in California via Disney Cruise line to the Port of San Diego. Disney Cruise Line's Disney Ground Transfers said that they cannot help us this this time. " Not enough requests from Costumers to catch a ride from the Port of San Diego to Disneyland. ".... I have sent an email to Disneyland themselves asking for any good suggestions and I am sure they will get back to me soon. But I thought I would ask for any good suggestions here as well for any Shuttle Companies or possible Car Rentals and/or accessible van rentals, ect. The situation is slightly delicate because one of our party is in a wheelchair. We are assessing all our options and looking at reviews of different companies as best we can but honestly we are feeling a little lost. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Please and Thank you!

can the person in the wheel chair transfer if so can you rent a car and have then transhefer in to the car

How many people in the group? And yes, knowing whether the person can transfer into a seat or has to remain in their chair would be good to know.

We've used Lansky's from US to DL and were really happy with the service. Maybe contact them to see if they would work?

Oh Wow! I wasn't alerted to the responses to this post! Thank you everyone for your thoughts! The solution we ended up selecting was the train!
And as it turns out, a train trip from San Diego to Anaheim is rather reasonable and price friendly, 75$ for 3 people! Who knew? I did not until this morning!
Have a magical rest of your day, everyone!:smickey:

I am not sure if the train will take you directly to Disneyland. I think you will need another transfer via taxi or Uber.

I am not sure if the train will take you directly to Disneyland. I think you will need another transfer via taxi or Uber.

I believe the ART picks up at the train station, which should have accommodations for wheelchairs.

ART does pick up at the train station. I have done the trip from SD to Anaheim via train and then with ART to DL last year, though not in a wheelchair. The one that picked up there was a really small bus compared to the other ART buses I used later on (meaning, it wasn't a regular sized bus). There is also cabs available at the train station should ART not be an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter