news and photo:
engadget.com/2007/12/23/disneyland-getting-all-new-monorails

more pictures:
travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1147

Built by TPI Composites
* Mark VII - December 20, 2007
o Sleek/Retro Design
o New seating configuration.
o Designed and engineered in-house by Walt Disney Imagineering and TPI Composites
o Three Monorails being upgraded to the Mark VII, one Monorail at a time, to allow 2 Monorails to operate in the park at any one time.
o The first monorail, red, was delivered 12/20/2007 to the Disneyland Resort.
o It will be tested after hours, with public availability in February 2008.

I would have made them links but this forum just loves to throw this stupid error "Could not find phrase 'error_postcount_too_low_post_links'." at me all the time. If you're going to throw an error at me, at least fix your board templates so that the phrase exists to present itself to the user.

Sorry, venting, long day of holiday shopping.

Youpost count is to low to post links. Not a random error.

I'm sorry.. but those are just really wicked cool. I am curious about the new seating configuration too!

Knox

Youpost count is to low to post links. Not a random error.

I know, hence why I'm receiving the "'error_postcount_too_low_post_links" error. I can read, however that points to a language-variable/template that does not exist and probably should since it's being actively used as an error message.

Anyways, sorry for flipping out. I've been on edge lately due to holiday shopping. I hate malls.

That looks really cool. Didn't the old monorails look like that. I remember seeing pictures of them and it looked similiar.

Didn't the old monorails look like that. I remember seeing pictures of them and it looked similiar.

You'd be right on that assumption:
yesterland.com/monorail.html

The new design is strongly influenced by Bob Gurr’s original, sleek Mark I trains, but without a bubble top—and without upside-down tail fins either.

When you look at the front of the monorail, doesnt it look like the front of the original on.

It isnt as shiny but is has the same design. Well i think is does

Anyone know if the windows open on the new ones? Being from the east coast I split my pants seeing the monorail going around with the windows open! :lmao:

very retro and reminiscent of the original at DL. . . . .

20_n_monorail5_large.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter