Disneyland Time Machine Poll!

What year would you visit DL in a Time Machine?

• 1955 - Opening Day

• 1959 - A year of much expansion!

• 1967 - Tomorrowland is revamped and the Pirates arrive.

• 1983 - The NEW Fantasyland premieres

Results are only viewable after voting.

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
What era of "yester" Disneyland would you like to get in a time machine and go experience for yourself? For some this will be a first visit or something you might have seen as a young person and want to relive!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Please respond to the poll, and feel free to elaborate why you chose what you did in this thread!

Your options include:

Opening Day (or within a few weeks of it in 1955). See it how it was from Day One!
waltopening.jpg

Disneyland 1959--- featuring the new monorail, subs, Matterhorn, and motorboat cruise.
5.jpg

Disneyland 1967 -- the New Tomorrowland appears with elevated rocket jets, Mary Blair murals, WED People Mover, Adventures Through Inner Space, Carousel of Progress, and Flight to the Moon. Also, New Orleans Square now has the beloved Pirates Ride. pirate:
photo+14.jpg

also....another look at DL in 67 via my father's home video:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1822401

Disneyland 1983 - Featuring the NEW Fantasyland and 80's fashion. Ride Pinocchio for the first time!
1983Guide16-17_PreFantasy.jpg

Now go get in that time machine and tell us what era you are headed! And no buying souvenirs to sell on ebay when you get back to 2008!
:hyper:

Opening Day---it would be great to go back in time & see Walt himself opening the park!

I chose 1959 - Walt was still around, but the fledgling park had grown and numerous new attractions had been added since opening day. That sleek, modern transportation system - along with the exciting new first of its' kind tublular roller coaster - and those exciting new submarines - wow. That would be cool.

I said 1983, only because that's when I started going there when I was little. Would be nice to see it the way it was then. Enjoying things like America Sings, People Mover ect...

But yeah, I'd also love to see opening day, of course!

I said 1983. My first trip to Disneyland was in 2006 for my 30th birthday. I would have *loved* to go at 7 (how old DD was when we went, how old DS will be when we go next)!

I remember the "redo" of Fantasyland. I choose opening day. I have always wished I could have been there.

For me if I had to just pick one I would say opening day only because I would LOVE to see Walt Disney and how the park looked that day. I would love to see some of the old stuff that was there then that is no longer there and I just think the 50's was a neat era. After that I would have to say 67 because that was the year I was born and I would love to be there and see what it was like then. Sure I was "alive" but of course much to young to remember and I would like to see the park with more "things" in it. I love it now but I am a big nostaglia buff and would love to be able to step back in time and see it how it was then. To remember with fondness the "old" days and see it how it used to be.

I'm going to cheat on this one and say all of the above (if I have a time machine, why not?). 1955 for opening day and to cry like a baby at Walt's dedication speech. 1959 to see the new changes. 1967 to see my mom, aunts and grandparents when they were younger and experiencing Disneyland for the first time. And lastly 1983 to see my older sister experience Disneyland for the first time.

Disneyland has changed so much over the years, I would love to see all the changes throughout the years for myself.

I like Wendylady's answer of all of the above, but if I really had to pick ONE I would say 1959. Walt was still alive and roaming Main Street on occasion, and to have the chance to see The Man actually in his park among his creations....well, just the thought almost makes me cry.
A close second would be 1967, although Walt was gone, it would be AMAZING to see the first incarnation of POTC.
1955 would be cool as well, even thought there were still a lot of "kinks" to iron out. And 1983 holds no interest for me, a horrible era with the worst fashions EVER.....:scared:

I chose 1959. I'd love to go back in that era again. I was there in '61 and '64, and got to ride the Flying Saucers, the Monorail, Matterhorn, but I really wanted to ride the mules, but Dad didn't want to, so I could do that now. Oh, and for Walt walking the parks, we saw him in '61 coming out of Main Street Cinema. We even have him on film which I put on videotape years ago. Guess I need to burn it to dvd.

I've been going there for the past 49 years but I wasn't born in 1955, I would have loved to be there on Opening Day!

I would love to go back to 1955-Opening Day! Even though there was not many rides open, I would love to hear Walt's famous ; "To all who come to this Happy Place...Welcome."

I chose opening day as well. I would just to have been able to be there for that day, see Walt, and be able to tell my kids and grandkids about the first day/weeks.

I also would love to go back in time as to when I was little, to ride The PeopleMovers, the (yellow) subs, eat at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, go to the old saloon that I cannot remember the name of right now, run through Swiss Family tree house, ahh, the memories....

1959 would be my first choice b/c of the additions and Walt was still around. I think it would have been sooo cool to run into him in the park!:yay:

I would also go back to all if i could, but i would choose opening day just because then i could see how all the magic really began!!!!!!!!!

Remember the mile long bar? and the people mover,I miss that. Oh and the America Sings and the Country bear Jamboree, we always went there first with my grandparents. I wish the would bring that back. This is a great poll, thank you so much for putting it up.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter