Disneyland secrets

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Our first west coast trip. Anyone have favorite little hidden or not to be missed treasures/tips to share?

Not meaning rides, we've read up on all those. We've visited WDW often and enjoy slowing down a bit and just soaking in what's around us from chatting with Citizens of Main Street, enjoying the shop windows, looking for hidden Mickey's, etc.

What's your favorite, not so publicized thing to do?

Watching all the neon lights come on in CarsLand at sunset is definitely a cool moment.

Cocktail off the secret menu and lobster nachos at Cove Bar, especially when the weather is pretty.

I've also caught Maestro Goofy conducting the World of Color fountains a couple of times when I've just been hanging out around Paradise Pier.

Also, you find more characters just wandering around at Disneyland - we've had great interactions, especially with Mary Poppins and Bert when they were just wandering around.

When in Fantasyland, look for the Evil Queen above Snow White's Scary Adventure...you may see her peeking out!

You can find "The Little Man of Disneyland" living in a tree near Indiana Jones.

Inside the Adventureland Bazaar you can rub a genie's lamp!

There are several "residents" that live on Buena Vista street in DCA. Keep an eye out for Office Blue, the bike messenger, and the fashion photographer. They're all a blast to talk to!

When riding the carousel keep your eyes out for Jingles! - http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/king-arthurs-carrousel-horses/jingles/

Always keep your eyes out for characters. Especially in the morning you can often find Alice and the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, and Bert and Mary Poppins strolling around Fantasyland.

There aren't many places to sit and take in the atmosphere at these two parks - not like you can at WDW. I guess I should rephrase that. There are spots to take in ambiance at DL, but the walkways are so small, it makes it fell really crowded and it's difficult to take it all in.

But there's one cool exception and that's at Cars Land. You can sit and eat either indoors or outdoors at Flo's V-8 and enjoy the ambiance of Radiator Springs Racers.

My 13 year old daughter already has her goal as finding Jingles ❤️.

When in Fantasyland, look for the Evil Queen above Snow White's Scary Adventure...you may see her peeking out!

You can find "The Little Man of Disneyland" living in a tree near Indiana Jones.

Inside the Adventureland Bazaar you can rub a genie's lamp!

There are several "residents" that live on Buena Vista street in DCA. Keep an eye out for Office Blue, the bike messenger, and the fashion photographer. They're all a blast to talk to!

When riding the carousel keep your eyes out for Jingles! - http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/king-arthurs-carrousel-horses/jingles/

Always keep your eyes out for characters. Especially in the morning you can often find Alice and the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, and Bert and Mary Poppins strolling around Fantasyland.

My 13 year old daughter already has her goal as finding Jingles ❤️.
My DH ended up on jingles our last trip. He didn't even know what it was. I didn't notice til we were looking at pix. We take our child in through the disabled line. I told him later people in the front of the regular line were probably cursing the handicap program!

Last edited:

The people and characters that inhabit the Parks are my favorite part of the experience. Sure, the attractions are fun, but on our last visit, my kids spent a good 15 min looking for the Lost Boys with Peter Pan. THAT was the memory we took home. Be open to the Magic and you will have a blast.

My favorites that haven't been mentioned are going to Pixie Hollow at night--the effects of the lights and the fairies are magical. I also hear there is a little music light show that happens, but I've never caught it. As you approach the castle, go over the the right side where you see a wishing well. Snow White will sing you a song--listen for her echo :). I also like the cue for IJ--make sure you pull on the rope when it says not to! I also love to sit in the lobby of the GCH even when I don't stay there simply to enjoy a cocktail and the ambiance.

Now I have to know what happens when you pull the rope. I am weirdly compelled to follow directions, even at USH there is a button in the simpsons area that if you push it it triggers fun little effects but the funny thing was that I couldn't bring myself to push the button since it says do not push on it in bold red letters. I knew that it was a gag but I still couldn't do it. lol my weird compulsion.

There are 3 original ticket booths in front of FL attractions. The mushroom at Alice, the lighthouse at SL Canal Boats and the little house at Casy Jr. They are all so cute for photo ops and it's fun to know they used to sell tickets.

Look for the dentist office on Main St., step into the alley and take a listen!

Also take a look at the signal light in Carsland. Watch it carefully!

Look for the dentist office on Main St., step into the alley and take a listen!

Also take a look at the signal light in Carsland. Watch it carefully!

and when you look for the dentist office, you should notice the mezzuzah on the right side of the door.

Hidden Mickeys all over - check out the windows in the magic shop on Main Street.

Over by the lockers is a wall with different bricks - this was the wall they put up when deciding which brick design should be on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter