• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Resort Picture of the Day #5!!

PC121509.jpg

Last edited:

Bret, nice shot of Rapunzel and Flynn! What a shame that show is not playing any more. :( We saw it twice last trip and really enjoyed it.

Just an FYI, my Fantasmic shot above was with my f/4 zoom lens. I ended up with a much slower shutter speed than I ever should have tried, but the IS really helped me get some shots I was happy with.

Bret, nice shot of Rapunzel and Flynn! What a shame that show is not playing any more. :( We saw it twice last trip and really enjoyed it.

Just an FYI, my Fantasmic shot above was with my f/4 zoom lens. I ended up with a much slower shutter speed than I ever should have tried, but the IS really helped me get some shots I was happy with.

Thank you Janet. It is a shame that Disney is not playing MatMM show. It is a nice show since it debut in the summer of 2013. I have enjoyed watching this show since that time.

That is a very nice shot of the PP scene with the f/4 telephoto lens.

As for my picture of F! with the 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 mine was a little darker where it was set up at f/4.5, 1/100 and ISO 6400.

Thank you Janet. It is a shame that Disney is not playing MatMM show. It is a nice show since it debut in the summer of 2013. I have enjoyed watching this show since that time.

That is a very nice shot of the PP scene with the f/4 telephoto lens.

As for my picture of F! with the 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 mine was a little darker where it was set up at f/4.5, 1/100 and ISO 6400.

Oops, I got the show wrong on your shot. I was thinking it was the one at Fantasy Faire but see now it was MatMM. It's nice Rapunzel and Flynn appeared in both, but the one in FF is now just Frozen I think. I'd like to see that one but wish they were still showing the others too.

Nice shot of the Columbia with your 70-300! I brought my 2.8 lens last year for Fantasmic but overexposed most of them. I should have adjusted to spot metering, or at least center weighted but had forgotten. I was happier with what I got this year.

Here's one from our first trip through Monster's Inc:

Who Brought the Take-out? by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Oops, I got the show wrong on your shot. I was thinking it was the one at Fantasy Faire but see now it was MatMM. It's nice Rapunzel and Flynn appeared in both, but the one in FF is now just Frozen I think. I'd like to see that one but wish they were still showing the others too.

Nice shot of the Columbia with your 70-300! I brought my 2.8 lens last year for Fantasmic but overexposed most of them. I should have adjusted to spot metering, or at least center weighted but had forgotten. I was happier with what I got this year.

Here's one from our first trip through Monster's Inc:

Who Brought the Take-out? by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I was also wondering what show you were talking about from my picture. Than I realized that it was the Tangled Storytelling at the Royal Theatre. I said "Wait a minute, I remember that MatMM is still going on at the Fantasyland Theater". Currently it is still playing at the Fantasyland Theater and I was wondering why it didn't show up on the Disneyland Hours but that was only on certain days where the whole entertainment schedule wasn't posted just yet. I have seen Tangled and Beauty and the Beast at the Royal Theatre and they are nice shows. Frozen is now playing all the time at the Royal Theatre. I also read that to see the show on the benches, you have to get a FP for the show.

Thank you Janet. Some of the shots were okay while some of them were blurry. The extra aperture does makes a big difference even if you crank up the ISO.

Very nice shot on Monster's Inc. With the ISO at 12,800 and with a prime lens, it turned out very clear. :thumbsup2

I was also wondering what show you were talking about from my picture. Than I realized that it was the Tangled Storytelling at the Royal Theatre. I said "Wait a minute, I remember that MatMM is still going on at the Fantasyland Theater". Currently it is still playing at the Fantasyland Theater and I was wondering why it didn't show up on the Disneyland Hours but that was only on certain days where the whole entertainment schedule wasn't posted just yet. I have seen Tangled and Beauty and the Beast at the Royal Theatre and they are nice shows. Frozen is now playing all the time at the Royal Theatre. I also read that to see the show on the benches, you have to get a FP for the show.

Thank you Janet. Some of the shots were okay while some of them were blurry. The extra aperture does makes a big difference even if you crank up the ISO.

Very nice shot on Monster's Inc. With the ISO at 12,800 and with a prime lens, it turned out very clear. :thumbsup2

Thanks Bret. That's definitely a Sigma lens I would quite heartily endorse. Very sharp, great to have in the bag for dark rides.

And 12,800 ISO is a beautiful thing. :)

We just saw the Tangled and BATB shows for the first time on this trip and found them quite charming. I look forward to seeing their take on Frozen but definitely need to wait for crowds to die down.

Thanks Bret. That's definitely a Sigma lens I would quite heartily endorse. Very sharp, great to have in the bag for dark rides.

And 12,800 ISO is a beautiful thing. :)

We just saw the Tangled and BATB shows for the first time on this trip and found them quite charming. I look forward to seeing their take on Frozen but definitely need to wait for crowds to die down.

Definitely. It is good to have a prime lens for the dark rides. I will have to think about trying the Sigma Art lens one day.

I am planning on seeing the Frozen show at the Royal Theatre in March and I'll remember to get some pictures and video of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter