Disneyland Resort Help needed

tink_lover

POLKA PRINCESS
Is there a link somewhere that tells the differences between PP, DL Hotel and GC Hotel? Specifically, which rooms at will sleep 5? What are the better views at each hotel? Which ones have park view to see fireworks? Thanks - we are DW groupies but looking to try something new next year with DVC developer points.

DVC will tell you that the only hotel you can get a room that sleeps 5 in is at the GCH, so plan on having to spend your points. there.

I should know - on with MS about 30 minutes ago trying to get one for next weekend, as our party size increased.....:confused3

Try to get a DTD view there for Fireworks viewing.

Thanks Nancy - so at PP and DL hotel there are no room options for 5? Well, that will make the planning a lot easier! Do you know what the room configuration at GC is? Queen bed, bunk bed and sleeper?

Thanks Nancy - so at PP and DL hotel there are no room options for 5? Well, that will make the planning a lot easier! Do you know what the room configuration at GC is? Queen bed, bunk bed and sleeper?

Whenever I stay at PPH, they put me in a room that TECHNICALLY sleeps five. There are two queen beds (so two people each) and one daybed/sleeper sofa. DLH also has rooms like this. I stayed in those too. DVC is promoting the GCH, because there is new GCH DVC lodging being constructed there. If you just call regular reservations, you will find out about PPH and DLH.

Yes, we are new AKV owners and plan to use our developer points for DL. Thought it would be a nice change of pace since we have DW trip planned for Oct, then again next Aug.

PP has a number of rooms that sleep 5 - two queen beds and a daybed. We had one earlier this year, but I think a lot of them are like that.

I'm not sure about views for the fireworks...actually, I think the rooms that might have the best views would be standard view rooms at the DLH in the Magic (formerly Marina) tower that overlook the hotel entrance/parking lot! I'd think you should be able to see them from park view rooms in the Dreams (Sierra) tower, though. At GCH it's the Downtown Disney view rooms that have the best chance of having a fireworks view. At the PP, I don't think you'd be able to see them from the park view rooms closest to DCA (e.g. those that have the best DCA view), but you should have a view of them from those that are on the north end of the hotel that look more towards the GCH.

The GCH has bunk beds that also have a pull out under it.. so there is 3 and then the queen bed for 2..DLH has 2queens and day bed. We love GCH!!!! We used our developer points for our anniversary trip a few weeks ago.. I will be using points again when we go in a few weeks for girls only trip!! I love teh ew DVC villas that they are building!!! We can't wait to buy into those!! If you have the points I would do GCH!!!

I recommend GCH. We tried DLH last weekend and just didn't think it was as nice as the Grand Californian. I think that it's worth the extra points.

DLH has a suite that will sleep 6 comfortably...2 queens in the bedroom and a sleeper/sofa in the main living area. Can't remember the name of the building but the balcony overlooked the waterfall area.

Yes, we are new AKV owners and plan to use our developer points for DL. Thought it would be a nice change of pace since we have DW trip planned for Oct, then again next Aug.

I just booked yesterday on my dev points. I was offered a 1 bedroom suite at each resort. We chose PP as it was cheapest, but I think I will switch to DLH as their pics on all ears looked better(more theming)

we are the family of 5 all older than 3 yrs

be prepared thos..the points are much higher than WDW dvc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter