Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So, devil's advocate point of view again 🙂

Months and months without guidelines or the appearance of progress. Bob Iger quits the panel and a week and a half later there seems to be movement and at least more discussion that makes it out to the public. Coincidence?

Agreed. Also, don't underestimate the role the unions play here as well. With layoffs being announced, I have a feeling unions are ramping up the pressure.

Does someone have a link to the governor's news briefing today and the actual time when he says he will send the research team to WDW?

To those who are posting links to the articles and citing sources, thank you! For everyone in this thread, please remember to post those sources and links -- it really does matter! We have people following this superthread from all over the country and from outside the US. Those links make finding the news much easier for them!

I wonder how this will work, as all the sets & costumes etc. will go into storage. It doesn't mean the shows cannot be brought back. :)

When Disneyland reopens, chances are small that it will have any shows the first few months. Even with the size of the Hyperion theater, if the park would reopen now, it would probably only be able to fill a 1/3 of the seats. Theaters all over the world are closed. Broadway, West End... it's the same everywhere. Here in the Netherlands only 2 big musical theater productions are back, with very limited audiences. The other shows are on hold till the world allows a lot of people in a small space again.

I can see it make sense now to announce the closure, to make sure people know what to expect when the park does reopen, and maybe 6 months from now we will get the announcement they will bring them back. Saying the show is closed instead of on hold, gives Disney probably the opportunity to let go of the actors instead of keeping them on the payroll.

Disneyland Paris tried to bring back 2 shows end of August, one show only played 2-3 weeks, the other one never reopened, as a cast member got Corona and they had to stop the rehearsals. They announced both are cancelled for now, but as they were popular I am positive we will see them again in the future.

I really hope you're right! I knew that the shows wouldn't probably be showing when the parks reopened, but seeing Disneyland make it official was just another thing on top of everything being forced to close. It's such a shame that the many talented actors are out of a job and will likely struggle to find work at any theater at this time. I remembered one of the last performances before the parks closed (I saw in a video on here or Youtube) and the actress who plays Elsa said instead of the usual line at the end something like, "the gates are closed for now, but they'll be open again soon". :(

I just can't wait until this is all over and we can get back to the fun. Hopefully *soon*.

Holy moly! Today was a good day to hop back on. I really hope a visit is a good indication of guidance and actually talks occurring.

Inside the Magic interviewed City of Anaheim’s head of communications, Mike Lyster. This article has some great info on the changes Disneyland specifically has made, including how tight queues like Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion will be handled. There's info on other operation changes, as well.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/10/exclusive-chat-with-anaheim-official-disneyland-rwb1/

in that article, when they are talking about changes to queues, they mention that in the haunted mansion, you won’t get the stretching room experience, you’ll just walk right through. I don’t understand how that will work. In WDW, it’s just for show, but at Disneyland, that’s a real working elevator that takes you down to the ride loading area. I know this, because we used to take my grandma in a wheelchair, and we always had to ride the elevator back up at the end of the ride.

in that article, when they are talking about changes to queues, they mention that in the haunted mansion, you won’t get the stretching room experience, you’ll just walk right through. I don’t understand how that will work. In WDW, it’s just for show, but at Disneyland, that’s a real working elevator that takes you down to the ride loading area. I know this, because we used to take my grandma in a wheelchair, and we always had to ride the elevator back up at the end of the ride.
I wonder if there is a secret passage to get down there without the elevator?

I wonder if there is a secret passage to get down there without the elevator?

Hopefully at reduced capacity they can operate the stretching rooms.

If not, they may have to open the entrance from Rivers of America. It's about time.

neworleanssquare-1764crypt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter