• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Pet Peeves!

When people whip out the (BIG HUGE MAP) open all the way.....
STOP DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WALKWAY and think it's okay to just stand there and look at it like they are the only people in the park.

After you say excuse me three times they look at you like your doing something wrong. :lmao:

Having a GAP pass.......when people stare at you wondering whats wrong with you.....or the cast member asks a few times why you have the pass.
At universal i had a lady ask if I was a Make-A-Wish child. I told her I wasn't and she kept asking what was wrong with me. I'm sorry....I thought I had a right to privacy....? :confused3

I've been reading this thread and you've covered a TON of my own pet peeves. But one I need to bring up is irresponsible large families. Its none of my business that you've had 8 kids but don't make it my responsibility to tell them they should not be doing X Y or Z. I swear sometimes these parents just don't care anymore. As soon as they walk into the park the kids just scatter and run amok. One time I saw a family like this in Fantasyland and the kids were climbing on top of the garbage cans and jumping off the parents were acting like nothing was happening. GET CONTROL OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!

I was thinking about this and I am actually shocked to realize that I only have one pet peeve with people in the park. I normally really don't like people, but could only think of one thing.

-> people who are walking with the flow, and all of sudden stop right in the way of everyone else who is still walking.

One of mine that hasn't been mentioned...... The ride show-offs! I don't really care if you know all of the words to the Haunted Mansion ride or the entire Pirates song.... I came here to hear the actual ride, not you!!!!! And those people always think everyone around them is super impressed. Drives me crazy!

One of mine that hasn't been mentioned...... The ride show-offs! I don't really care if you know all of the words to the Haunted Mansion ride or the entire Pirates song.... I came here to hear the actual ride, not you!!!!! And those people always think everyone around them is super impressed. Drives me crazy!
I agree and will not do this when others are around, but if I am the only one or it's a group of people that want to do this and no one else is around, I will sometimes do this. I do not do it to show off, I do it to have fun and if I am ruining someone else's fun by doing this, I don't findnit fun.

I'm sorry! Singing It's A Small World and the Pirates song are part of our tradition and part of the magic for us, we don't do it to be annoying. And I don't do it to impress the boat... I'm sure anyone else could just as easily learn the lyrics as the next person. When I was a kid, the Disney videos we watched always had the kids singing on rides so I got used to it when I was 5, it's really not to annoy anyone! Apologies!

But, my biggest pet peeve is backpack-swingers. This one guy on the Storybook Canal boats swung his HUGE backpack on the way out.. right into my head. Thaaaaaaanks.

Man, I am glad that you did not end up falling into the water! I would have been angry, if I ended up taking a dip into the water. Especially seeing how I do not know how to swim. I can drown really well though, but there is no money in it, unless I take a life insurance policy out on myself,but then what fun would that be? After all, it isn't like I can enjoy any of the money, right?

You know what really burns the microwave popcorn ......When you get to wait behind a guest who seems to only want to argue with a CM. :mad:

But, my biggest pet peeve is backpack-swingers. This one guy on the Storybook Canal boats swung his HUGE backpack on the way out.. right into my head. Thaaaaaaanks.

My DH got whacked with a lady's large heavy camera bag last year while sitting on IASW. He was not impressed, in fact he was less impressed that I took a picture of his face after the incident. :rotfl:

But what was super annoying was that she did not even say sorry or excuse me or anything. I guess it's just OK to do that! :headache:
It wasn't like she didn't know she did it, fair enough if she hadn't realized it, but she knew. She totally knew.

:sad2:

Having a GAP pass.......when people stare at you wondering whats wrong with you.....or the cast member asks a few times why you have the pass.
At universal i had a lady ask if I was a Make-A-Wish child. I told her I wasn't and she kept asking what was wrong with me. I'm sorry....I thought I had a right to privacy....? :confused3

OH MY GOSH!! That is terrible that someone would ask you "What's wrong with you??" -- There is no excuse for that!!
I would ask them "What's RIGHT with you!?"

I would totally complain about that!!
Sorry you've had to deal with such idiots!!

:grouphug:

That woman was rude for not apologizing to your DH! That is rather amusing though that you took a picture of him right after it happened. Yes I know my bad! ;)

I was wondering what kind of pet is a peeve anyway? I imagine it as being small or not so much and covered in fur. With four legs and a tiny tail. Am I right or what? Enquiring minds want to know.

I was wondering what kind of pet is a peeve anyway? I imagine it as being small or not so much and covered in fur. With four legs and a tiny tail. Am I right or what? Enquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like Timon to me.

My pet peeve is when my friend and I go Disneyland, we use EVC's to get around as we can't stand for lengthy periods of times. As such we go during the slower periods. There was on time that we went on the HM ride and one of the CMs was taking us through the exit (as that is how those in wheelchairs get on the ride) and we were on one side in a follow the leader pattern. Well on lady coming out of the ride proceeded to yell at the CM about how "handicapped people shouldn't be allowed on the rides since we can't go through the regular lines like everyone else and in fact we didn't need to be coming to Disneyland at all." (granted I cleaned up the language then the lady proceeded to yell at us on the same topic and just plainly being rude. Needless to say the lady was asked to leave the park as she was being so rudely.

ooohh what about the people that happen to be in line in front of you..and the wind blows and you get a big whif of the nasty, stale smelling perfume they happen to be wearing that day..(or maybe they need a shower?)..:scared1::scared1: :sick:

im very sorry about that i wont let it happen in october i just get excited at being at DL :lmao:

nah seriously some excellent points

i dont like people on the haunted mansion ride who seem to think its cool to throw things on the ride

constant flash photography that just ruins the ride for everyone

dumping of litter anywhere in some cases ..cmon it aint that hard to find the bin :confused:

but you know what really ermmm (pg rating version) soggies my corn flakes ....
and i know this has been discussed before here ..lol
when u have 1 person in the line for a ride and they are holding a place for like 23 people to join uurgghh

Ok I thought of something to post here...
it's not really about being in DLR, but about going there.

I hate it when people say "I am going to LA for the weekend!" when they are going to DLR. First of all, DLR is in Anaheim. Second, it's not even in LA county! It's in Orange County. It's also a good 40 minute, maybe more maybe less, drive depending on where in LA you are coming from and traffic. My friends do this all the time and I always get on their case. If you are going to do a stop in LA then fine. But otherwise please look at a map!

Ok. Done! ;)

Thats a good one, I like that. Maybe some people are concerned that their macho image will somehow be softened up or something if they admit to visiting the land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter