Disneyland Park in One Day? (New to DL)

lindsay314

Earning My Ears
I mean just Disneyland Park, not Disney California Adventure. My parents and I are considering planning a trip to California this coming May. I'm attempting to convince them to drive out to Anaheim for the day while we're staying in or near Los Angeles (I'm hoping paying for the tickets myself will help--so glad to finally have a full time job where I can afford fun things like this!). I have never even been to California, let alone Disneyland, although I have been to Walt Disney World four times (most recently in October). My parents visited Disneyland once when they lived in CA in the mid-80s, and they went to WDW once in 2002. I know the two parks are very different, and I would love to see the one Walt himself created.
So, is it possible to see all the major attractions at Disneyland Park in one day? At WDW I enjoy everything from Dumbo to Pirates to Star Tours to Space Mountain, and so does my dad, although my mom isn't big on thrill rides. I would love to see DCA as well, but I don't think there will be enough time. I would rather see Disneyland Park more thoroughly than just see a bit of each one, honestly.
Is there anything special I should know about DL? How is the weather in May? Any major differences from WDW or special overlooked attractions?
TIA for your answers! :)

I have never been to WDW.
But I have been to DL a countless number of times and I hate to say it, but you can't see everything in a day. You can see all the major.stuff in a day though!
You just have to know what route to take, and to make a game plan of sorts lol.
When I just go for the day though I alwwys feel like I've missed something!

Seeing a lot of Disneyland in a day is better than seeing none of it IMO! Just know before you go what is a "not-to-miss" for you, use RideMax or plan your own path and have fun! I think it is great you can and want to do it :cool1:

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your input. I think I'm going to splurge a bit and get the one-day park hopper tickets. There are some rides I think my parents would enjoy over at DCA, so we may go over there for a while in the afternoon or just go before Fantasmic. Nothing about the trip is set in stone yet, of course, but I'm excited about the possibility. If it doesn't work out, I won't get my Disney fix until October (at a regional conference for work)! :cool1:

I'm so glad I found this forum. :goodvibes

I've been to both WDW and DL. Pirates of the Caribbean is far better at Disneyland than WDW. The Fantasmic show is way better at Disneyland versus WDW. Matterhorn and Indiana Jones are both excellent rides at Disneyland that do not exist at WDW. At DCA, make sure and do "Soarin Over California" (although they have that at Epcot too, it's amazing!). Cars Land is now open and Radiator Springs Racers is amazing and California Screamin is fun too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter