• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland paris vs WDW Orlando

MaxDrake79

Earning My Ears
Guys, I'm going to Orlando for the first time next summer but I read comments about Disney Park in Orlando and around I read comments from those who claim that in terms of attractions and comparing the attractions with each other, dismeylamd Paris is better. I love Disneyland Paris and I've been there 10 times but I've always thought that Orlando's parks are much superior, help me convince myself of this, tell me I'll see and do attractions I've never seen.

Guys, I'm going to Orlando for the first time next summer but I read comments about Disney Park in Orlando and around I read comments from those who claim that in terms of attractions and comparing the attractions with each other, dismeylamd Paris is better. I love Disneyland Paris and I've been there 10 times but I've always thought that Orlando's parks are much superior, help me convince myself of this, tell me I'll see and do attractions I've never seen.
Interesting question. I live very close to WDW and visit the parks probably 2-3 times a week. I've been to DLP 3 times.

I'd say that there are certainly more attractions in WDW since it encompasses 4 parks as compared to 2 parks at DLP. But the question of "superior" is something else entirely. I'd say that DLP is better if you just compare their MK to the one in WDW. But the Hollywood Studio in Paris is perhaps on a par with DHS in Florida. Obviously there is no equivalent to Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

Thank you for the answer first of all, I was just reading this that attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates, IASW, The Haunted House etc are more beautiful in Paris but is that really the case? pee the other parks Paris doesn't have the Star Wars area, it doesn't have Animal Kingdom and it doesn't have Epcot, I think the Orlando parks are better even though I haven't visited them yet. I'm in love with DLP but I've always believed that Orlando's parks are from another planet.

I'd say that the theme of Paris' Space Mountain is significantly different than the WDW one. It's also a significantly different attraction mechanism. If you like thrill rides then Paris has the edge.

Big Thunder is pretty good in both parks. I like the location of the Paris one. But the ride itself is probably equivalent.

Pirates is pretty nice in Paris. It's fun at WDW as well, but I think the theming works better in Paris. But don't pass up the WDW version either.

Haunted House is definitely better in Paris. But the WDW version is really good too. Don't miss it.

Can't say I recall much of IASW Paris so I can't compare them.

You are giving me some very good news because I understood that even if some attractions are better in Paris, those in Orlando are also excellent attractions and that there is not a huge difference and then I believe that in Orlando's MK there are even more attractions such as AK or Epcot has attractions not found in Paris. I repeat, when comparing the parks it seems to me that Orlando has more of something more then I am very curious to see if this is the case.

I wouldn't call DL Paris superior. WDW has 4 parks while in my opinion DLP only has 1.5.

But is there really a big difference between the attractions of the mk and those of dlp? In terms of duration? Are the simpler mk ones with fewer effects more streamlined? Because I notice that everyone criticizes the mk compared to the Parisian park

But is there really a big difference between the attractions of the mk and those of dlp? In terms of duration? Are the simpler mk ones with fewer effects more streamlined? Because I notice that everyone criticizes the mk compared to the Parisian park
A big difference? Maybe not. But definitely differences and most people that have experienced them find DLP’s superior. I don’t think Phantom Manor is better than Haunted Mansion, just different, but DLP’s pirates, big thunder, and space mountain are better than MK’s.

But MK has lots of stuff that DLP doesn’t plus there are plenty of great rides in WDW that aren’t at DLP, like Guardians, and the Galaxy’s Edge stuff, and everything at Animal Kingdom. Just make sure you allow at least twice as much time to see the WDW parks as you do DLP. There’s a lot here.

DS has grown up at WDW, AP holder. Few years ago went to DLP. Stayed on property and did both parks. Said Studios needs LOTS of work but that Disneyland was MUCH better than our Magic Kingdom. The rides especially were quite impressive. He was supposed to go back this summer and disappointed to cancel trip but he wants us all to go next time.

Yes we have the extra parks at WDW with lots more themed resorts but to just compare what is more alike he said Paris wins out. Just like DH and DD went to Tokyo and said TokyoSea as compared to EPCOT totally wins out.

I just say you go to each park and enjoy them for what they are and not compare them.

I was at WDW in May and DLP not long after in July. Here are my thoughts:

• Big Thunder Mountain feels faster and longer in Paris but WDW version is every bit as fun
  • Space Mountain is a very different attraction - no upside down or fast launch in Orlando. DLP is MUCH rougher in my opinion, but it has a very patchy theme in Paris IMO. I prefer Orlando.
  • Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor have different storylines but many overlapping scenes. They're equally good though DLP has the more striking exterior.
  • Pirates is more or less equal in both parks- going past the restaurant does add to the vibe in Paris but I love the Orlando attraction.
  • Live shows (eg Lion King and the recent 30th parade) are far superior to anything at WDW. Orlando has Fantasmic though, which for me is worth the plane journey alone
  • Walt Disney Studios is inferior to Hollywood Studios IMO. Batuu is a work of art that Avengers Campus doesn't come close to, and the attractions are better.
  • Overall, DLP is prettier, but when you add in Epcot and Animal Kingdom I'd choose Orlando every single time. MK isn't as pretty as DLP but the castle is iconic and it has a unique charm, and WDW as a while is on another level

DLP has the prettier castle, the best BTM and pirates of the 4 parks I've been to but they are fun everywhere. I can't compare HM because it was down for return when I visited DLP and when I visited Tokyo, seems to be a pattern 😂.

DLP used to house the worst attraction ever. We don't read reviews or watch ride videos before new stuff so we had no idea how bad Armageddon was. Though we also didn't like Indiana Jones, had no idea it was such a small rough coaster.

The foods better at WDW and I don't just mean because of Epcot, the resorts or Disney Springs. Unless the QS food has improved since 2018, you'll find better in all 4 parks.at WDW.

Looking forward to going back to DLP in 2025 and am hoping I get to do Phantom Manor then.

The first question is ==== Where do you live .... France or another European country ?

If you are a European then forget travelling to Orlando

Stick with going to Disneyland Paris And then visit other theme parks

Parc Astrix just outside Paris , Toverland & De Efterling in

The Netherlands and more in Germany ( Kalkar )

I live in Italy, I'm Italian😃 my dream has always been to visit the amusement parks in Orlando, I will stay 9 nights there and 3 at the Universal parks and before arriving in Orlando I will spend two 2-3 days in New York. Why should I stay in Europe? I see WDW as the best amusement park in the world as a whole with 4 parks. I imagine it that way. Am I wrong?🤣

We visited DLP in 2019 and loved it! We eventually want to visit all of the Disney parks around the world so think it’s great you want to come to Orlando. Because of having 4 parks WDW is my favorite we are on the East Coast and visit every 2-3 years. On our last trip there a few years ago we spent 2 nights on Universal property we had never done that before just had visited for the day prior to that many years before and really liked the change. Get the 2 parks one day tickets so you can go on Hogwart’s Express. We stayed at Portofino a premier resort so got the unlimited express pass and early entry. Also just want to mention we were on a Med cruise where we had a few ports in Italy and afterwards spent time in Venice and Rome and your country is so amazing!

Last edited:
Disneyland Paris has Sleeping Beauty castle and Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World has Cinderella castle.

Disneyland Paris at Walt Disney Studios has Crush's Coaster and in Epcot at Walt Disney World has the seas with Nemo and friends including seabase where you can see manatees

Disneyland Paris is in a currency of Euros and Walt Disney World is in Dollars.

We visited DLP in 2019 and loved it! We eventually want to visit all of the Disney parks around the world so think it’s great you want to come to Orlando. Because of having 4 parks WDW is my favorite we are on the East Coast and visit every 2-3 years. On our last trip there a few years ago we spent 2 nights on Universal property we had never done that before just had visited for the day prior to that many years before and really liked the change. Get the 2 parks one day tickets so you can go on Hogwart’s Express. We stayed at Portofino a premier resort so got the unlimited express pass and early entry. Also just want to mention we were on a Med cruise where we had a few ports in Italy and afterwards spent time in Venice and Rome and your country is so amazing!

It is also my dream to one day visit all the Disney parks in the world. I am convinced that I will be enchanted by WDW, I imagine a magical atmosphere in each park and unique attractions. For universal parks I will stay 3 nights at the hard rock hotel and I got tickets from park to park😉😊
Thanks for the compliments to Italy. It's true it's wonderful but it will be equally fantastic to visit New York and Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter