Disneyland Paris Solo!

MeridAriel

Mouseketeer
I'm *just* beginning to plan a trip to Europe in the fall. I will be staying with friends elsewhere, but will be spending a solo day at Disneyland Paris. Again, only in the very early stages of planning, but I will most likely hop one of the express trains, be there around opening time, and stay until close. I'm not sure if I'll be staying in the area overnight, but if anyone (traveling or local) has any tips for a solo, overseas traveler or would like to meet up for a bite or drink, please let me know :)

Commenting/subscribing because I may be doing the exact same thing sometime this year. Would also love to hear anyone's thoughts and tips. If I can make the trip before you, I'll find my way back to this thread and give my thoughts. :)

Just be aware there is a lot of ongoing refurbs in paris now and until next year (preparation for the 25 years of the resort). The first tip coming to my mind, is to check ticket prices everywhere and compare, and to never buy it at the park directly. Even from the official site, if you buy your tickets at least a week before going there, you save 30%. But generally, you can even find better offers. (And yes, i'm local, or almost ;))

I saw some of the closings. I think I'm most disappointed by BTMR's closure until January :( I would've liked to do the railroad & boat as well.
But, most of what I'm really interested in is either open, or has a similar ride in another park.
Where is "almost local"? :)
And thanks for the heads up about the tickets!
Any idea what kind of celebrations are in store for next year?

I visited DLP solo twice. Be sure to use the single rider lines at Space Mountain, Crush Coaster, RC Racer and Ratatouille. In the fall you might catch the Halloween festival which is quite nice. Regarding refurbishments, there are some but in the fall Animagique, Rock n Roller coaster and Peter Pan will have reopened again. If you stay overnight in the area, I usually stay at the Santa Fe which is the cheapest Disney hotel and has been recently refurbished. And you can easily walk from there to the park.

Thank you! What did you think of Crush's Coaster? I've heard the spinning is quite intense, from people who enjoy the other coasters. I've also heard their Space Mountain is a lot more intense.

"Almost local" is in belgium ;) 3 hours away from Disneyland Paris. Hmm, about those celebrations, we don't know yet, at least most of the top attractions will be completely refurbished. Starwars is finally upgraded to "the adventure continues" BTMR will get the same effets as in california, space mountain will finally get new trains, well everything should be looking new :) They'll also probably have a dedicated show for the 25 years, and they'll probably change the Disney Dreams show.

Speaking about "Dreams", you really don't want to miss it ! Crush coaster is not that intense, keep in mind that's the only coaster kids can ride (1,02m size restriction) all the others have higher restriction. It's fast, you really feel the speed, but the wagons are comfortable and you feel safe in it. In other hand, space mountain really is more intense, I tested yours in florida, it's nothing compared to this one... In paris, space mountain is launched the same was as rock and roller coaster, and you have 2 or 3 inversions in it, and i must admit, i'm really looking forward to get the new trains... currently i'm having a headache after riding it, because of vibrations.

Obviously, I confirm what has been said... beeing solo, use single rider lines... Another quick tip to skip some lines... indiana jones and star tours fastpass machines are not connected to the fastpass network... so... you could already have a fastpass ticket and take one for those 2.

One word about hotels, you probably notice they are way more expensive than in the us... if you really want to stay at a disney hotel, plan to be there a weekdays and not during school holidays, for such periods, you can get interesting prices on websites like expedia (generally half of disney's price). It's good to know you can also stay at partner hotels having also free shuttles to the parks, they are generally less expensive.

I agree with pilly52, Crush coaster is a must do and really not that intense just a lot of fun. Space Mountain however is very bumpy. The nighttime show Dreams is a must, as well as the daytime parade. I live about 5 hours driving away from DLP.

I think my friends are about 3 hours (by train) from DLP. They are not Disnerds, thus the solo trip.
I did notice the hotel prices. Any idea why not booking directly is cheaper? That's bananas & not usually how hotels work in the States.
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Maybe someone else can answer that. I always book the Disney resorts room only or book a non Disney resort since I have an annual pass. I didn't really notice Disney hotels being cheaper on non Disney hotel sites then booking direct.

I'm *just* beginning to plan a trip to Europe in the fall. I will be staying with friends elsewhere, but will be spending a solo day at Disneyland Paris. Again, only in the very early stages of planning, but I will most likely hop one of the express trains, be there around opening time, and stay until close. I'm not sure if I'll be staying in the area overnight, but if anyone (traveling or local) has any tips for a solo, overseas traveler or would like to meet up for a bite or drink, please let me know :)

Just in case you were not aware, there is a dedicated DLP board -
http://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-paris-trip-planning-community-board.77/

If you decide to book a room, sometimes booking through the European sites can save money.

www.disneylandparis.co.uk (UK)
www.disneylandparis.ie (Ireland)
www.disneylandparis.fr (France)
www.disneylandparis.de (Germany)
www.disneylandparis.nl (Netherlands)
www.disneylandparis.it (Italy)

Bump Bump! This is not a drill :) I will be leaving for Amsterdam followed by Disneyland Paris (1-2 of Oct), non-Dis Paris, London, Bath, Cardiff, Mold, Dublin, Galway, Aran Islands, & Shannon- tomorrow! Several of these places are just one-day stops on my way to other places, but either way, if you live in, or are visiting any of these places between now and October 17, and would like to meet up, please let me know-either on here or email, AshRiddenPhoenix@yahoo.com.
Cheers!

Bump Bump! This is not a drill :) I will be leaving for Amsterdam followed by Disneyland Paris (1-2 of Oct), non-Dis Paris, London, Bath, Cardiff, Mold, Dublin, Galway, Aran Islands, & Shannon- tomorrow! Several of these places are just one-day stops on my way to other places, but either way, if you live in, or are visiting any of these places between now and October 17, and would like to meet up, please let me know-either on here or email, AshRiddenPhoenix@yahoo.com.
Cheers!

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about your experience at Disneyland Paris!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter