• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris Must Dos

goodmorningirl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I (both 22) have been to Disney World nearly hundreds of times and I know the park like the back of my hand. This May we will be traveling to Europe and visiting Disneyland Paris for two nights. I know nothing about Disneyland Paris and I love to plan so I am hoping you all can give me ideas of your must sees while we are there. We are staying at the Hotel Cheyenne. Thanks everyone!

well you've probably heard this before, but my first piece of advice is:
Don't compare Disneyland Paris to any of the other Disney Parks. Go open-minded and enjoy the experience!

My must-do's:
- Space Mountain: you shouldn't miss this, it's completely different to the U.S. versions and it has loops :goodvibes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: I'm mentioning this because it hasn't been upgraded with the movie characters yet, which makes it worth riding it, if you miss the old ride. The same goes for IASW, and Star Tours (though the latter is screaming for a rehab)
- Phantom Manor: From what I remember from WDW and DL it has a different storyline, this one is linked to the town and the mine from BTM stories and it's darker, scarier than the U.S. versions
- Sleeping Beauty Castle: Please don't forget to go up to the first floor and see the murals and vitraux. Also, pay a visit to the dragon underground, you won't find him back home.

-Once Upon a Dream Parade: Nice daytime parade ;D

What would be must-do's at WDW would be must-do's here, but I would skip Peter Pan's Flight, Snowhite, the teacups, etc. Anything that can be quite similar can ve avoided so you can focus on the things that are unique to this park... or other activities such as taking pictures

Do BTM first thing in the morning EMH if you're going on high season or leave it for last thing in the evening. It gets insanely crowded

I can't recommend fireworks because I don't think there are any fireworks show in May.

For the Studios:
Crush's Coaster: I don't think it exists in the american parks. But again, do this first thing in the morning ...i'd even say, RUN to the attraction as soon ASAP before the lines get too long (usually high season). Oh, and remember that this park closes earlier than Disneyland Park.
Cinemagique
Tower of Terror
Rock n'Roller Coaster
Motors...Action! Because I think I read somewhere that this was originally from DLRP so it's interesting to watch

Backlot tour let me down last year so I won't mention it, unless you need to rest your feet for a while.
I haven't been to the Toy Story new section yet, so I don't know if there's anything that I would recommend from there for adults

As for restaurants, Walt's at Disneyland Park, Restaurant des Stars at Disney Studios and (for me) Chef Mickey, Annette's, Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood at Disney Village

Oh and for me, a must-do is always a hot dog with cheddar cheese at Casey's Corner. I'm not at disney if I don't have one of those.

I'm sure there are lots of other things to recommend but I can't think of anything else right now.

:wizard:

Thank you so so so much! I know I have to get it through my head to just enjoy and not think of it like Disney World. You gave me such a great list! I really appreciate all of the time you took to make it for me. :) Walt's is a place that we though looked yummy to eat at so I'm happy to see it made your list. Thank you again for your time and effort, it is really appreciated.

Anyone else have other To Do's? What other restaurants are good?

Hi,

Yep, Tinkerbelle has waved her magic no doubt already with fab stuff.

One thing also to remember which we found absolutely fantastic was that both parks are next door to each other......................and I really mean next door!!!!

There won't be any firework displays that I know of either, we went in June and there wasn't until the summer season started (sure it's from 1st July till Late August/possibly early september).

You'll also find that maybe being out of the heavy season there won't be as many shows, we did see the usual parades, but there was a stage right outside the Castle (sure it was related to Princess season or something) but that was never used when we were there.

Also please remember the weather, no gurantees to what you'll walk into. I'm pretty sure the weather will be mild, but no guarantees that it'll be dry.

And unlike America 2 days in the parks should get you round all you'd really want to see, although not sure how the new Toy Story area is or what that entails.

Space Mountain was amazing compared to the Orlando one.

I personally wouldn't bother with the Stunt Show, for me if you sampled it in America your just going to see the same stuff. But if you like this sort of thing, then by all means it will be great again no doubt.

As mentioned don't be expecting these similar sized resorts to US counterparts, but we found it fantastic and only being a 10 minute walk from the Cheyenne we thought it was excellent.

The Cheyenne is a fantastic place too, brilliantly themed and so near to the parks and village.

Oh and regarding the Village, when I said the two parks where right next door to each other, I forgot that The Village is right in front of both parks too, LOL. So you have everything in touching distance which is even better. Totally different to the marathon journies that can be in Orlando.

There is also a Wild Buffalo Bill show which is fantastic at night, nothing like the one in American for me which whilst was enjoyable was way blown away with this style of show (if Arabian Nights is still in Orlando, think along those lines). Buffalo Bill show could be a good climax at night to a park visit.

FD

As an American who also frequently visits WDW, the only thing I really recommend is Cinemagique. It is so bizarre and would absolutely never work over here, that it's an interesting cultural experience because everyone else seemed to be entertained. :confused3

You must eat a Croque Monseiur.....It is a french version of a cheese and ham toastie but much much better....yummy

I love eating in the Blue Lagoon, it's such a romantic setting and I like watching the boats go by on Pirates of the Caribbean. It does seem to be very hit and miss as regards the reviews but we've been lucky - we've eaten here three times and always had great food and service.

Yep, that restaurant has an absolute fantastic setting, unfortunately we weren't taken really with the menu.

FD

Hi,

Yep, Tinkerbelle has waved her magic no doubt already with fab stuff.

One thing also to remember which we found absolutely fantastic was that both parks are next door to each other......................and I really mean next door!!!!

There won't be any firework displays that I know of either, we went in June and there wasn't until the summer season started (sure it's from 1st July till Late August/possibly early september).

You'll also find that maybe being out of the heavy season there won't be as many shows, we did see the usual parades, but there was a stage right outside the Castle (sure it was related to Princess season or something) but that was never used when we were there.

Also please remember the weather, no gurantees to what you'll walk into. I'm pretty sure the weather will be mild, but no guarantees that it'll be dry.

And unlike America 2 days in the parks should get you round all you'd really want to see, although not sure how the new Toy Story area is or what that entails.

Space Mountain was amazing compared to the Orlando one.

I personally wouldn't bother with the Stunt Show, for me if you sampled it in America your just going to see the same stuff. But if you like this sort of thing, then by all means it will be great again no doubt.

As mentioned don't be expecting these similar sized resorts to US counterparts, but we found it fantastic and only being a 10 minute walk from the Cheyenne we thought it was excellent.

The Cheyenne is a fantastic place too, brilliantly themed and so near to the parks and village.

Oh and regarding the Village, when I said the two parks where right next door to each other, I forgot that The Village is right in front of both parks too, LOL. So you have everything in touching distance which is even better. Totally different to the marathon journies that can be in Orlando.

There is also a Wild Buffalo Bill show which is fantastic at night, nothing like the one in American for me which whilst was enjoyable was way blown away with this style of show (if Arabian Nights is still in Orlando, think along those lines). Buffalo Bill show could be a good climax at night to a park visit.

FD

You're absolutely right, I forgot to point that out, only go to this show if you haven't been to the U.S. versions (if you haven't this is a must see, very entertaining and I'm not fond of cars and motors). I've never been to the US show but I think they're exactly the same. I read somewhere that this show was born at DLP though, it's nice to see they exported it :goodvibes

As for the Cinemagique yes, it's a bizarre show but it took me a little while to discover the tricks.

We always travel there on a budget and haven't been able to try them but check the bakeries and candy shops at Main Street, the pastries smell delicious. And we know how France has wonderful pastries ;) so I guess it's a good idea to try some of what DLP has to offer. I bet they're great but we just haven't tried them hehe.
I tried the crêpes in Discoveryland though and they were too overpriced, so I'd avoid those hehe.

Croque Monsieur, Quiche Lorraine, baguettes, of course croissants, crême brulee, umm yummy. I wanna go back!!!! :rotfl:

If you won't be in Paris try to get your hands on macarrons, you can find them at Ladurée at Orly (I guess CDG has them too). Parisians seem to love them and you haven't been to France if you haven't tried them (that's what a parisian told me :confused3). It's some sort of candy, I can't really explain them, they taste a bit like marzipan and they're very sweet. Google them if you're interested :lmao:

;)

I would also add in the It's a Small World is just different enough to be worth a visit. There is also the Alice Maze, which was fun and cute. It can be either quick or slow, depending on how much time you want to spend.

By far, my favorite ride was Phantom Manor, which has some similar notes to the Haunted Mansion in DL and WDW, but is different enough that you'll never get them mixed up. If you have time, check out the cemetery to the right of the Manor.

For food, we ate at Restaurant des Stars over at the Studio. It's a wide ranging buffet and we really enjoyed it. However, the best part was that Remy comes out (if you've seen him at Les Chefs in Epcot, then you know what to expect). We also really liked the Mickey beignet that were at the Main Street bakery.

Not sure if you're into pin trading, but unlike WDW it didn't seem as wide spread.

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I (both 22) have been to Disney World nearly hundreds of times and I know the park like the back of my hand. This May we will be traveling to Europe and visiting Disneyland Paris for two nights. I know nothing about Disneyland Paris and I love to plan so I am hoping you all can give me ideas of your must sees while we are there. We are staying at the Hotel Cheyenne. Thanks everyone!

Iwould book lots of charactor meals if you like charactors as lot of people push you out of the way to get photo we waited several times people got in front of us its awful im glad we had charactor dining every day. n obody lines up this was my biggest upset the people also will jump in front of you when waiting for rides also. They even screamed at cast members.:cool1::cool1:

Wow. Thank you all so much! You have really helped me make a list of things to do. I can't wait to try all the food everyone suggested. I really like the look of the Pirates Restaurant and my DBF really wants to do Walt's. I'm very excited for Cinemagique since you all say it is weird lol

Tanzanite--I can't believe that. I hope we don't encounter those kind of rude people, but I guess we'll just have to go with the flow.

PrincessShea--On a totally different note, I stalk the wedding boards, hoping for mine someday, and I am so taken with your wedding. It is really gorgeous. :)

I am really thankful for all of your responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter