Disneyland Paris for Halloween?

Megara84

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

It's my first time posting and I hoped someone might be able to offer me some advice, please?

My boyfriend and I are booked to go to DLP from 31st Oct - 2nd November. I was super excited when I heard that there was a Halloween party on 31st so we've booked tickets for that as well. However, when I was booking the CM kept stressing how busy it would be and I've since read elsewhere that it's peak time.

Has anyone else ever been at Halloween? Is it ridiculously busy? Are there ways to deal with the crowds or would we be better off changing dates? I'm so confused!!

Thank you for any help or advice you can give!

Hi Megara84 :welcome: to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board.

This is a friendly board, please join in on any thread or if you have any questions please start a new one of your own.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

Well, in my opinion you've booked the best time to go! I've always wanted to go to the Halloween party but never managed it. Yes, it will be mega busy but you'll have a great time. I certainly wouldn't change your dates if I was you!

Hello, thank you so much! I've been reading the boards for a while but have never posted.

Thank you for advice as well! We were so excited and then I just panicked a bit but I think you're right, Halloween will be amazing and it'll be so much fun just being there. Can't wait!

Hi Megara84 :welcome: to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board.

This is a friendly board, please join in on any thread or if you have any questions please start a new one of your own.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

Well, in my opinion you've booked the best time to go! I've always wanted to go to the Halloween party but never managed it. Yes, it will be mega busy but you'll have a great time. I certainly wouldn't change your dates if I was you!

Well, in my opinion you've booked the best time to go! I certainly wouldn't change your dates if I was you!

Was going to say the same thing!

We went a few years ago and had a great time. It will be quite busy for Halloween, but the party is obviously limited to ticket holders so shouldn't be overwhelming.

Have a great time pixiedust:

And bare in mind that a lot of the UK's half term doesn't fall the Halloween week this year sadly (or I think we would have gone but I won't take the kids out of school). Ours go back to school on Halloween - 31st. Halloween is a brilliant time to visit - my favourite time of all of the themes/seasons we've been to!

Not sure when the French kids are off - they are normally off around our October half term - if they go back the same days as ours then you will find it less busy. The evening party is always busy (tends to sell out) and on the whole, there are a lot more young French groups i.e. 18+ groups. Some have very gory costumes! Again, with it being a Monday night and not a weekend or end of the week, it may be less busy?

Was going to say the same thing!

We went a few years ago and had a great time. It will be quite busy for Halloween, but the party is obviously limited to ticket holders so shouldn't be overwhelming.

Have a great time pixiedust:

Thanks, that's so comforting to here! The last time we went it was mid-September so very quiet. I'm looking forward to there being a bit more of an atmosphere this time!

And bare in mind that a lot of the UK's half term doesn't fall the Halloween week this year sadly (or I think we would have gone but I won't take the kids out of school). Ours go back to school on Halloween - 31st. Halloween is a brilliant time to visit - my favourite time of all of the themes/seasons we've been to!

Not sure when the French kids are off - they are normally off around our October half term - if they go back the same days as ours then you will find it less busy. The evening party is always busy (tends to sell out) and on the whole, there are a lot more young French groups i.e. 18+ groups. Some have very gory costumes! Again, with it being a Monday night and not a weekend or end of the week, it may be less busy?

That's a very good point. I checked and I think French schools are on half term but Halloween falls at the end of their half term...which is a little strange as that's a Monday. Perhaps as it's the end of half term it'll be quieter? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...

I am sure you will have an amazing time. Please come back and let us know what you thought of the party and the theming overall - I can 'live' through your report if I can't be there myself :sad2:. I love meeting all the Villains - Maleficent is my absolute favourite - hence my sig pic where my girls met her the last time we went at Halloween. It was so busy meeting them though but we met an amazing British CM when we were waiting who helped us out and made sure we were ready, first in line to see her :lovestruc. Bless him!

Have you got a costume in mind yet? My DD1's Sally costume came from the US and she got sooo many comments - we couldn't walk ten paces without people stopping us and asking to take photographs of her (and her little Sister who was a Minnie Witch :lovestruc). People seemed genuinely taken aback by a mini Sally! I spent ages doing their facepaint in the toilets of SQL as our room wasn't ready when we checked in! Another CM was so nice as we'd queued for an age to meet Jack and Sally (obviously my DD1's favourites of all time!), and just as we got there Sally went off on a break :sad1:. The CM saw how disappointed my DD was and told her to wait to one side. He ushered the people behind us to go forward to meet Jack and then the next.... He asked 'mini Sally' to be patient.... Then Sally came out again and and he got my DDs and took them to the front to meet them. Things like that truly make DLRP magical for me. I am lucky to have so many lovely experiences and memories there.

Sorry to drone on :blush:. But Halloween is such a fab time to visit :cheer2:.

We've had a few Halloween visits now and they are so much fun. I've never been for the actual party, but the park in general looks fantastic! Love all the decorations. Make sure to take your time in Town Square and listen to the cackling ghosts, so funny. Hope you have a fantastic time!

I am sure you will have an amazing time. Please come back and let us know what you thought of the party and the theming overall - I can 'live' through your report if I can't be there myself :sad2:. I love meeting all the Villains - Maleficent is my absolute favourite - hence my sig pic where my girls met her the last time we went at Halloween. It was so busy meeting them though but we met an amazing British CM when we were waiting who helped us out and made sure we were ready, first in line to see her :lovestruc. Bless him!

Have you got a costume in mind yet? My DD1's Sally costume came from the US and she got sooo many comments - we couldn't walk ten paces without people stopping us and asking to take photographs of her (and her little Sister who was a Minnie Witch :lovestruc). People seemed genuinely taken aback by a mini Sally! I spent ages doing their facepaint in the toilets of SQL as our room wasn't ready when we checked in! Another CM was so nice as we'd queued for an age to meet Jack and Sally (obviously my DD1's favourites of all time!), and just as we got there Sally went off on a break :sad1:. The CM saw how disappointed my DD was and told her to wait to one side. He ushered the people behind us to go forward to meet Jack and then the next.... He asked 'mini Sally' to be patient.... Then Sally came out again and and he got my DDs and took them to the front to meet them. Things like that truly make DLRP magical for me. I am lucky to have so many lovely experiences and memories there.

Sorry to drone on :blush:. But Halloween is such a fab time to visit :cheer2:.

How amazing! Your daughter must have felt so special. I can 100% guarantee I would cried if I'd seen that.

We don't know about costumes at the moment. As I said we were thinking Raymond and Evangeline because I love the princess and the frog but it could be a tricky one. I do like the idea of a couples costume though. Let's face it, it's probably the only place we can go in a couple Disney costume and not get laughed at!

We've had a few Halloween visits now and they are so much fun. I've never been for the actual party, but the park in general looks fantastic! Love all the decorations. Make sure to take your time in Town Square and listen to the cackling ghosts, so funny. Hope you have a fantastic time!

It's so lovely hearing how much everyone loves being there at Halloween, totally eased all of my nerves about going at this time!

Thank you so much!

I think Raymond and Evangeline would be amazing if you can sort it out! Tiana/Naveen often have an 'extra' show at the Halloween parties and Dr Facilier in always around (we met him and he was great, so in character!) - so that would work really well. Ebay is your friend for costumes - you have plenty time to ship from the US if you find something over there that might work.

Hi all,

It's my first time posting and I hoped someone might be able to offer me some advice, please?

My boyfriend and I are booked to go to DLP from 31st Oct - 2nd November. I was super excited when I heard that there was a Halloween party on 31st so we've booked tickets for that as well. However, when I was booking the CM kept stressing how busy it would be and I've since read elsewhere that it's peak time.

Has anyone else ever been at Halloween? Is it ridiculously busy? Are there ways to deal with the crowds or would we be better off changing dates? I'm so confused!!

Thank you for any help or advice you can give!

Hi Megara84,

Where did you book your tickets for the Halloween party? I tried the Disneyland paris website but I can't find them on it.

Hi Megara84,

Where did you book your tickets for the Halloween party? I tried the Disneyland paris website but I can't find them on it.

Hi, sorry I've just seen this!! I booked the tickets at the same time as the holiday so I did it all over the phone. I'm sure there's loads left so perhaps just give them a call, if you haven't already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter