Disneyland Paris at Easter

goldenballs

Earning My Ears
Hi Folks

Looking about thinking the wife and 2 kids (5 & 2.5) to Disney on Thu 27th March for 3 nights and have a couple of questions.

On the way it is an evening flights arr at 19hr. Should we stay at an Hotel at the CDG airport or one near the park. Any thoughts on hotel?

I'm gonna book 2 days and 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel with upgrades to the Castle club rooms (inc vip passes for 15min queues?). Is the upgrade and vip pass worth it?

Also a character lunch.

The cost for the 4 of us as above is £1159 - Direct with Disney. Excluding flights.

Is there anything I should add??

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

TIA

GB

Hi GB and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

You could spend the first night at the airport and go to Disneyland the next morning (by TGV or VEA shuttle).

There are two hotels few minutes on foot from Terminal 3:
  • Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
  • Ibis Paris CDG Terminal
Look at the site "accorhotels.com".

If you land in T1 or T2 (or to go to TGV station in T2) you can use the CGDval (a new automatic train that connect all terminals, it's free and fast).

Hi,

The VEA is door-to-door (ie it picks up and drops off at each terminal at CDG, and drops off at each of the Disney onsite hotels, as well as the shuttle bus station (near the entrance to the Parks). Its also a more frequent service than the TGV. And the price of the tickets for the VEA are the same no matter which day, or what time of day, you travel. But, the VEA takes between 45 minutes and one hour to get from CDG to the Disney hotels.

The TGV is very fast - only takes 10 minutes to get from terminal 2 at CDG to the train station (next to the Parks) at Disneyland. But, you do have to get from the other terminals to T2 to get the TGV. Not a huge problem, I did it with a suitcase and DD aged 6 this month. It takes about 10 minutes to get from another terminal to T2 on the free internal train at CDG (the CDGVAL). Then down 2 levels, and you're at the TGV station for trains out of the airport. Ticket prices vary on the TGV depending on which day, and which time, you are travelling. The TGV to Disney from CDG (and back) are also not as frequent as the VEA.

So, with the VEA, you have a longer journey time, but once you have found the coach, you can just get on, pay your fare, and sit and watch out for the first Disney signposts.

With the TGV, the price varies, its a very short journey time, but you have to get from your terminal at CDG to the TGV station at T2, then you have to get from the train station at Disney to your hotel (not a problem either, as the side door of the train station takes you right to the shuttle bus stops for all the hotels).

For ease, and because I couldn't be sure of landing times etc with our flight (which did end up being delayed) we got the VEA to Disney, and the TGV back. I think both have their merits.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter