• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland on crutches and with an ECV - advice needed

Cagirl767

Disney Wonder to Alaska 2012
We can't keep postponing a trip to our favorite place, we had just postponed due to DS' broken arm, and now that DS' arm is healed, DH has broken his foot.

Does DL allow crutches in the park? We're planning on an ECV, but thinking he'll need the crutches to transfer on and off rides and waiting in line. Is this allowed, or does anyone have any insight or suggestions (besides staying home)? We're not planning on going during peak time, but rather weekdays in May.

Yes they allow crutches. I did this exact same thing a couple years ago when I had surgery on my foot. Bring some sort of Bungee cord to keep the crutches attached when driving on the ecv. It will save a lot of aggravation of falling crutches! I was so glad I had one in my car!!

Don't worry too much! I think it's perfectly doable. DH had an ECV but was able to use a cane to hobble on/off rides. I actually carried the cane for him as it can be hard enough to maneuver an ECV through busy crowds (let alone one with a big cane or crutches hanging off it somehow!). Not sure how May weekday crowds are, but some parts of DL are very narrow so it might still be easier if the non-ECV person can hold the crutches.

Have a great time!

I went with a cast on and I brought a couple drawstring garbage bags with me to put around my cast when riding Splash mountain

HA! Drawstring trash bags, thanks!!
Thanks to both of you mamacarla and smiles for your advice!

How much is the charge for an ECV ? Anyone know if you can rent one locally for a couple of days?

Yes, you can rent an ECV from local places. They are normally cheaper per day, deliver to the hotel, and you can use them outside the parks. I have used Deckert's and had a good experience.

To the OP, I might ask your doctor if a walking boot or cast is an option. It makes it much easier to transfer and walk for a bit. I was able to ask my doctor before my trip and they fitted me with a boot to use. I took my crutches and ended up not needing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter