Disneyland is Making Things Harder For Me For Rare Characters

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Disneyland is making this hard for me for finding rare characters. Ever since Disneyland did Character Fan Days back in 2011, Long Lost Friends Week in 2013, and Frontierland Troupe in 2014, I thought they might bring in more rare characters more often for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary, but sadly it didn't happen.:worried: I tried to find Brer Fox since I haven't seen him since 2011. I tried Storyteller's Cafe, but he wasn't there all the time. I even thinking to try an annual passholder event, but pass is going to expired soon, but will get a $800 signature pass soon. I even try e-mailing Disneyland and and visiting City Hall so many times before, but I receive the same results. Why can't our Disneyland be more like Tokyo Disneyland? I know Disneyland is trying to control crowd and thinking about Star Wars Land right now, but I don't think it hurts to do a bring the rare characters event again, even though sadly we lost Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. I wish there's an easy way to find Brer Fox and other rare characters.:sad:

I received a survey very recently about characters in the park. It was extremely long and had me rank my interest in every character that is currently possible to see. There were tons, ones I'd never even heard of. I picked all the rare ones just so we could have more variety in the park. They are at least considering bringing out some rare ones.

I received a survey very recently about characters in the park. It was extremely long and had me rank my interest in every character that is currently possible to see. There were tons, ones I'd never even heard of. I picked all the rare ones just so we could have more variety in the park. They are at least considering bringing out some rare ones.
Where should I find that?

I agree, I really miss being able to find rarer characters easier. However yesterday I was surprised to see Honest John at Minnie's Breakfast, which was awesome! He tried to take my kids in exchange for his signature in our books, haha.

I think they should tear down Chip and Dales defunct house in Toon Town and create a character meal.... Daisy's backyard BBQ. Bring the food over from Big Thunder BBQ. "Guests" are lesser seen residents of Toon Town- Pete, Clarabelle, Horace, Scrooge, etc etc. I'm not even a huge character meal person, but I think this would really boost Toon Town.

Well, I suppose I can try Minnie and Friends there. I heard Brer Fox were there, but I haven't heard of Brer Fox being in Minnie & Friends there. Is Brer Fox still there?

Brer Fox was on the course for pictures during the Disneyland 10K this year... so, you know, all you have to do is run 6.2 miles! Just kidding... though, in all seriousness, runDisney races are a good way to see rare characters. Maybe consider the 5K if you're not actually into running? And I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're able to find your fave rare character at some point!

Brer Fox was on the course for pictures during the Disneyland 10K this year... so, you know, all you have to do is run 6.2 miles! Just kidding... though, in all seriousness, runDisney races are a good way to see rare characters. Maybe consider the 5K if you're not actually into running? And I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're able to find your fave rare character at some point!
Thank you. But as soon as I get my signature pass, maybe I can try one of those annual passholder private party. But I'll think about the 5k thing.

I got the character survey too. (I actually took a survey in the park, and now I get them a couple of times a year via email). They had me do it, and my 6-year old daughter.

Seriously, where should I find the character survey?

It's not something you can find , it;s likely emailed to people - sometimes as a passholder and visa cardholder I get them or if you're stopped in the parks to give feedback they may send a followup.

It's like most things - it's randomly generated.

Brer Fox is often at character breakfast at Storytellers. Daisy is at CA Adventure daily at the Disney Visa Meet & Greet (along with Stitch and Minnie, they all 3 alternate).

I don't think Brer Fox is a common character at Storytellers anymore. Most folks have reported seeing Chip and Dale, Meeko, Koda and Kenai at Storytellers.

I don't think Brer Fox is a common character at Storytellers anymore. Most folks have reported seeing Chip and Dale, Meeko, Koda and Kenai at Storytellers.
That's sad but true.:sad1: I guess the only thing I can do is e-mail Disneyland once a month to bring Brer Fox and other rare characters.

I heard Disneyland is doing an annual passholder party in November 17th, and I thought that this will be my chance to find rare characters, but I found out that it's for passholders that expired between November 22 thru January 30 2016, and my expired in November 16. And here's my reaction for that:
I hope Disneyland is going to try something special for rare characters next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter