Disneyland in July

sampal24

Earning My Ears
I plan on visiting Disneyland with my wife and kids (12 and 10) in July. We don't have dates at this time. I would like to know if there is a difference in crowd levels on weekends versus weekdays?

We were last at DLR in 2012 a week after Cars Land opened and I don't think we experienced typical crowd patterns. Our first day in the parks was a Sunday at Disneyland Park. We entered at 7:30 and were able to get on 12 rides in 90 minutes. Most people headed straight to Cars Land every morning.

We are coming from NJ to visit family in CA. July is the only month when our kids and theirs are out of school at the same time. I would appreciate any advice you can give. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in 2012 but plan on staying at a good neighbor hotel this year.

Well from what I have observed first hand is that the weekends and Fridays can be like some kind of intergalactic zoo! My last trip in December, I ventured into the land after noon on a Friday. Man.... I turned to the lady that was waiting in line too, to enter the park to ask if this is normal? She said this is how it has been for quite awhile now and on Saturdays too. This was during the second week of December. Anyway, I already new I was going to be at a disadvantage coming in at that time instead of before opening. But still....
man it was 30 minutes for SLR for Indy. That was interesting. I figured why not.... after all I would rather be waiting for Indy for about that length of time instead of ...... well many things.... so anyway, it gave me even more time to look at everything, including people watching. You know humans are a strange lot...... ;)
So grab your FP, take advantage of MM or EMH if applicable to your position, ride SLR as needed or wanted, be at Disneyland or DCA before opening. Don't sweat the small stuff, and remember that just about everything is small stuff.

Have fun! Oh and buy one of those misting fans, because So Cal in July is mucho caliente!

I plan on visiting Disneyland with my wife and kids (12 and 10) in July. We don't have dates at this time. I would like to know if there is a difference in crowd levels on weekends versus weekdays?

We were last at DLR in 2012 a week after Cars Land opened and I don't think we experienced typical crowd patterns. Our first day in the parks was a Sunday at Disneyland Park. We entered at 7:30 and were able to get on 12 rides in 90 minutes. Most people headed straight to Cars Land every morning.

We are coming from NJ to visit family in CA. July is the only month when our kids and theirs are out of school at the same time. I would appreciate any advice you can give. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in 2012 but plan on staying at a good neighbor hotel this year.

Hello Diser - I can not answer any of your questions as July 2014 will be our first visit to DLR... But when you do decide on your July dates. We welcome you and your family to join us on the July 2014 DLR thread.

The link is listed in my Signature below. See You Soon !!:thumbsup2

There may be a little bit lighter crowds on the weekdays, but, last year, it was still pretty darn packed! Granted, last year we went on the 58th anniversary, so that had a lot to do with the crowds that week.

sampal24 said:

You are going at a time that most schools in southern california are out for the summertime, you are going to Disneyland at Peak time of travel if you plan on eating at any of their signature restaurant you had better make reservations, way ahead of time" my wife and I were just in Disneyland in February and it was packed we had a tough time getting into their signature restaurant because we did not make reservations ahead of time with that being said the weekday should be less packed but not by much it will be busy!!!!!! Have fun god bless*****

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter