Disneyland in 2 weeks.....a couple of questions

scanmom

DIS Veteran
so, I'll be visiting the parks in a little less than 2 weeks. I have a seminar at the Anaheim Marriott, so DH and I are adding a few days on to the trip for my 50th birthday. I am needing some advice though.... I am torn about the WOC dessert party. I'm short, so it would be nice to be able to see without arriving way early and trying to get an up front spot, plus it would be nice to sit for the show, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost. I'd love some input from someone who's done this. Also... I scored priority tickets to see Jimmy Kimmel Live on October 31st. I'm wondering if the taping I attend that afternoon/evening is the one they play on television that same day? And, any advice on where to eat that evening? Oh, and I got my park hoppers through the Dapper Days site. Do those include a Magic Morning? I don't think they do, and it's not a big deal, but I'd like to know. Also, I know the official Dapper Day to dress up is Sunday November 6th, but we fly home that day and won't be in the parks. Do people dress up on Saturday, or Friday? Or just the official day? Thanks!!!!!

Not sure about the rest of your questions, but as far as WOC dessert party... it is SO worth it. No question. I've done it with the dining package FP, and last month did the dessert party. Ask yourself: would you rather get there 60-90 minutes before the show, wait in a long line to be let into the area, sit on the hard concrete squished in like sardines for AGES, and then have to stand up well before it starts, still squished like sardines... and after all that, all it takes is one family to stand in front of you with their kids on their shoulders and your view is shot all to heck. Contrasted with, walk up 30 minutes before the show and sit at a table and enjoy a big plate of fruit, cheese, and little desserts, with a generous bread basket, and two adult beverages plus water bottles or soft drinks, coffee, or hot chocolate... and watch the show with a guaranteed unobstructed view?

There's a couple of other WOC threads on here, and I can't think of anybody who has tried it who hasn't said it's the only way to go and they'll never go back.

The Mon-Thur Jimmy Kimmel shows are usually taped same day, but sometimes the concerts aren't.

Everybody in our party loved the WOC dessert party! Everyone gave it a 10 out of 10.

Sorry about that weird post...my iPad must have had a stroke!!
Anyway, I was trying to say that I'm going to buy the WOC dessert party tickets for the actual day of my birthday! Avalon, your description of both scenarios put me over the top! Thanks!
Any restaurant ideas for the Hollywood area are welcome!! And any DApper Day info. I'd like to dress up if it's being done on Friday or Saturday.

Agree with the others, WOC Dessert is 100% worth it. I'm 5'4, mom and daughter are under 5' and it's the only way any of use have ever been able to enjoy the show. I wasn't crazy about the desserts, I'm just not a dessert person but the boys loved them for me the seat alone was worth the price.

If you get to the Hollywood area early enough, you could eat at the Farmer's Market on Fairfax. Lots of fun choices (Loteria for Mexico City style food, for example). The Grove shopping center right next door (note that parking is separate, so take note of whether you park in the structure or the lot) has some fun restaurants. Across from the Jimmy Kimmel theater is the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. There are several restaurants there.

and watch the show with a guaranteed unobstructed view

I wouldn't say guaranteed unobstructed view. My family and I were seated at a low table in the front row and almost the entire center view of the show (for me, anyway) was obstructed by a man with his daughter on his shoulders. Definitely annoying, but other than that, we loved the dessert party :)

I got our reservation for the WOC dessert party for November 1st. It's a Tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too crowded. I plan on asking for a high table that doesn't have another high table in front of it. Hopefully I will get what I want and won't have a problem seeing well.

I got our reservation for the WOC dessert party for November 1st. It's a Tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too crowded. I plan on asking for a high table that doesn't have another high table in front of it. Hopefully I will get what I want and won't have a problem seeing well.

Last Friday my dff and I said we'd like a high table (as we are both short) without another high table in front of us and we got just that. We were off to the side but it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter