Disneyland in 1958

I love the Disneyland Data page, particularly the ”Five Helicopter flights arrive daily at the Disneyland Heliport” bit.

Glad this post got resurrected. I wish they would still do a booklet, that park map paper gets thinner every time I visit.

WOW, does that bring back memories! My earliest memories are probably ~59-60 and I remembered some of the pictures and things mentioned in the booklet. As well as a few "OMG, I'd forgotten about that!" moments.

I'm pretty sure I remember my older brother fishing from the dock. But TBH, not sure if it's my actual memories or just from family reminiscences.

What I wouldn't give to be able to relive one of those days!

OMG, Frontierland and Adventureland back then... oh to have been alive. And the DLH!!!

The map I have on the wall is ~30" x 45" including frame - but my recollection is that the map itself is within 1/4" of that size. It was mounted without a matte and takes up the entire frame.

Thanks for resurrecting this! :teeth:
Happy to revive this thread, it's so much good information! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge so much, with the internet so many people putting are information out there without having first hand knowledge and your experience and story are truly valuable and a part of history! I was going to bid on a map on ebay but was having a hard time confirming what the size should be so this was very much appreciated. Unfortunately the map went for more than I could afford (over 2K!) so I didn't get it. The thrill of the hunt is half the fun though :)

I had a similar map from 2000's I had it on my wall for years. I wish they sold them today.

I remember the mule rides, although the pictures I best recall are not from the June 1959 trip I took for my fifth birthday but a later one after my sister was born. Was pretty sure they were from Disneyland, but wasn't sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter