Disneyland in 1 16-Hour Day: Possible?

JzeroT1437

<font color=blue>My advice: Get mono<br><font colo
Okay, so I'm taking a whirlwind tour of AZ and DL over the span of about 5 days. This includes a bunch of the national parks/monuments, The Grand Canyon, and DL. I've only got 1 full day (Oct 10th) and a few hours (morning of Oct 11th) to get in everything I want.

The "must rides" for me include:

DL:
Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder Mountain

DCA:
Twilight Zone, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin, Maliboomer, Soarin', and Toy Story Mania

I'm presuming I can fit all of that into the time I have, since I'll be showing up at opening (8 AM for DL, 10 AM for DCA) and staying till close (12 for DL, 11:30 for DCA with Halloween Party ticket). Does this sound feasible?

I'd also like to cram in Jungle Cruise, Alice, Mr. Toad, and Roger Rabbit at DL and It's Tough to Be a Bug, Muppetvision, and Monsters Inc over in DCA if possible, along with Fireworks and one of the parades. This sounds like a lot, so I dunno if it's possible. Let me know what you guys think.

Guess I should also mention this is a solo trip. I'll be the only one.

If you move from attraction to attraction and don't dilly dally it is possible! Also utilize FPs and just keep on the move. It might be a long day but if you want to do it it will happen! Make sure you work your way around the park maybe instead of zig zagging back and forth, cut down on your walking time. I hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

It sounds feasable if not exhausting if you plan on being htere 8 am to midnight. :) Utilize fastpass especially since you have a lot on your list that has fastpass. I don't know what other rides have single rider lines besides California Screamin but definately use the single rider lines when you can. All you have to do is ask the cast mate by the line for a pass. I'm sure others here will know what the other single rider lines are. I think Indy is now too. :) It could save you a ton of time. Don't feel like you have to do everything. If something doesn't interest you pass it by. If your hotel is close you still might want to take a small rest just so you don't poop out by midnight.

It is possible, I have gone by myself for a day and managed to see all my favorites. Definately get FP where you can.

Just a note, DL is expected to be fairly busy that day. It is fall break time in Arizona.

Read Hydro Guys sticky at the top of the forum. He has great tips for managing crowds and using FPs.

Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels? If so, you'll have Magic Morning on Saturday and/or Sunday. You can knock off all of Fantasyland plus Space and Buzz in that first hour from 7-8 a.m.

I agree with PP about reading Hydroguy's tips! :thumbsup2

Doable, but possibly exhausting. If the weather remains cooler, like today, it won't be too bad. Earlier this week though, temps were near 100F at DL and we were melting. Like a pp said, try to minimize the back and forth as much as possible, expecially park hopping. Also Indy, Soarin and Toy Story all have single rider lines that may or may not save you time. There may be others I'm not thinking of right now as well. Wev'e found that generaly if the wait is over 30 minutes or so that it can pay off, but for shorter waits maybe not. It just depends on how many are in the single rider line, the make up the parties in the standby and fast pass lines, and the CMs loading the ride.

Have a great time!

Totally doable. I did 36 rides attractions in December of 2006 at the beginning of Christmas Break.. There were 2 of us but still we did everything.

Oh I definitely think it's possible!

Be at the gates 30 minutes to 1 hour before opening, just to play it safe.

This is the order I would do it.

Disneyland (8AM Opening)
- Grab Indy FP
- BTMRR
- Matterhorn
- Space Mt
- Jungle Cruise
- POTC
- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Toad
- Alice

DCA
- Soarn' FP
- GRR
- Toy Story Mania
- Maliboomer
- Screamin
- ITTBAB
- Use Soarn' FP
- Monsters Inc.
- Muppet Vision
- Twilight zone of terror

-

We had great luck with TSMM single rider line. On our last trip they were very consistent with using it and even filled whole cars from it multiple times while we were in line or in the vicinity. I highly recommend using it, especially since you will be a solo traveler and don't care who your opponent is.

Indy, they say, now has a Single Rider line, so I would go for that before a FP, freeing up a FP for Space or BTMRR or Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Over in DCA, Soarin' also has a single rider and it's brilliant, so SR it, don't FP it, in my opinion/experience. GRR also a has SR line, as do TSMM, Screamin', and I believe Maliboomer.

I love SR lines. :goodvibes

Oh I definitely think it's possible!

Be at the gates 30 minutes to 1 hour before opening, just to play it safe.

This is the order I would do it.

Disneyland (8AM Opening)
- Grab Indy FP
- BTMRR
- Matterhorn
- Space Mt
- Jungle Cruise
- POTC
- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Toad
- Alice

DCA
- Soarn' FP
- GRR
- Toy Story Mania
- Maliboomer
- Screamin
- ITTBAB
- Use Soarn' FP
- Monsters Inc.
- Muppet Vision
- Twilight zone of terror

-

disney-inspired, is right!! wow. I am bookmarking those guidelines for any future DL trips. Also Molly is right on about the single rider lines, they rock.
Can be better than FP's at times.

Have fun!!!!!

It's possible, and using the above tips makes it very do-able, but...

I must add that going in the park, riding those rides, and leaving is not (in my opinion) experiencing Disneyland.

Part of the Disney experience in taking in the bands, catching the parade (even if it's just for a 5 minute "i've seen enough" peek), going through the shops of your choice, walking through the land of your choice and seeing the detail it has to offer, tasting a Disney specialty that hits your taste buds, and so forth.

There is SOOO much more to Disneyland than just hitting a list of rides and buying the "been there done that" t-shirt on the way out the door.

Try to make some time to capture some of the magic while your there.

Just my 2 cents,
Dreams

I bought a one-way ticket back to PHX and now have until 4 (flight leaves at 6) to explore either the parks or some of LA (thinking the Getty Villa/Huntington Beach). Which would you guys suggest? From what I've read, the parks are doable in a day, and I would like to see the Getty Villa, but at the same time, I hear LA traffic is miserable, and Google Maps says it can take up to 2 hours to get back to SNA from the Villa.

I bought a one-way ticket back to PHX and now have until 4 (flight leaves at 6) to explore either the parks or some of LA (thinking the Getty Villa/Huntington Beach). Which would you guys suggest? From what I've read, the parks are doable in a day, and I would like to see the Getty Villa, but at the same time, I hear LA traffic is miserable, and Google Maps says it can take up to 2 hours to get back to SNA from the Villa.

The Getty is quite a distance and yes, can take quite a while to get there. If you hit traffic, you could be in the car a VERY long time. Huntington Beach is not far from Disneyland (maybe a half hour) and is VERY do-able... and a fun town.

You can't simply drive to the Getty Villa on a whim.
You must obtain a timed ticket in advance. Go to getty.edu to find open dates.

I've got a timed ticket for 10:30 AM. But I'm still worried that I'll hit traffic. Even driving up there around 8 in the morning on a Saturday and then driving back--I'd hate to miss my flight cause I got stuck in some stinking traffic.

Let's say I do get stuck in traffic, how long are we talking here? I don't want to risk it if I really could be stuck there in the car for 2 hours. I'll be traveling to the Getty on a Saturday if I go, and very early in the morning. Any idea how awful traffic on the 405 is on weekends?

Hey!
Everytime I go to Disneyland, which is atleast once a year, i only do it in a day!
it really works out because we stay all day from opening to closing and we get mostly all of the rides done with some time to spend!
:)
so yes, it is possible.

ok. remember that you don't have to use your FP for the time on the ticket. Say you get there and you get a FP immediately for SpaceM that says 10:05-11:05, that means you can get your next FP for IJ or SplashM at 10:05 that may say 12:05-1:05 then you can get your next one. You can have a pocketfull of FPs and use them all later. I learned this from that group called The New Club 55. They did 55 rides in one day, both parks.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter