Disneyland Hotel

chickyann

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We are considering booking our next stay at the DLH, we have stayed at the HoJo twice before, both times in DL facing rooms in building 1, 1st trip we absolutely loved, last trip was still great but we were a couple stories higher up & closer to the freeway & it was noisier than I remembered & I struggled to get off to sleep...

Anyway the DLH's renovations are looking good & we thought we would investigate staying on property for the first time next year and you all were so helpful with HoJo tips I was wondering if any of you had tips about booking DLH, what rooms you like & why, what Towers you prefer etc.

Thanks for sharing :)

The best tower is the Adventure Tower. You would have either a view of DTD and the fireworks, or the pool. It is also the closest to the parks...you literally step out of the tower and you are in DTD. The Dobies stayed their last summer in a pool view and it was very nice.

The other two towers have pool views or parkinglot views.

We stay at the DLH when they send us a great rate via postcard with a PIN and always book the least expensive room. It's never been a pool view room, but then the rooms don't even have balconies and we're never in it so it's not a concern to us.

We are staying there first week of October and looking forward to seeing the new renovations.

The best tower is the Adventure Tower. You would have either a view of DTD and the fireworks, or the pool. It is also the closest to the parks...you literally step out of the tower and you are in DTD. The Dobies stayed their last summer in a pool view and it was very nice.

The other two towers have pool views or parkinglot views.

Sounds great, did you use the Monorail much? I'm thinking it might come in handy those nights when you are just too exhausted

We stay at the DLH when they send us a great rate via postcard with a PIN and always book the least expensive room. It's never been a pool view room, but then the rooms don't even have balconies and we're never in it so it's not a concern to us.

We are staying there first week of October and looking forward to seeing the new renovations.

Are you on their mailing list because of previous stays at the DLH?

Sounds great, did you use the Monorail much? I'm thinking it might come in handy those nights when you are just too exhausted

The Dobies actually only used the monorail when we ended our day in TL. Otherwise, by the time you get to the TL Monorail station, it is not much shorter.

The walk is not that far, and DTD is a nice stroll, especially at night.

We received a 35% off pin... but then found the 30% GP rate is out for the same time anyway :laughing: In the end my AP discount was $20 cheaper so it ended up a total waste just like the first and only other pin I received. :headache:

I was put in the Adventure tower last week for 3 nights and it was perfect. I had a view of the pool "constructions", was steps away to the pool/Trader Sams, and DT Disney was right there.

The Dobies actually only used the monorail when we ended our day in TL. Otherwise, by the time you get to the TL Monorail station, it is not much shorter.

The walk is not that far, and DTD is a nice stroll, especially at night.

I'm thinking we might love that walk 'home' through DTD, not ever leaving Disney :)

I was put in the Adventure tower last week for 3 nights and it was perfect. I had a view of the pool "constructions", was steps away to the pool/Trader Sams, and DT Disney was right there.

awesome, how is the pool looking?

Yes and no. I find it interesting that the transportation at DL is different then WDW in many ways. At WDW they pack you in, and keep putting more people in.

At DL found every time, even when there was a long line waiting to get on the monorail or train, they pulled out with many open seats. In both cases they could of fit 10 to 20 more people comfortably on them but they sent the train off, and was only running one so the wait for the next train was 10 min or longer.

While I appreciate not having a stranger sit on my lap, standing in long line and seeing a train with a number of empty seats leave didn't make me happy. I wonder if CA laws are different then FLA?

So most cases it is faster just to walk. If your timing is right, ridding the monorail is nice, and the view is nice.

Pool is looking good, the kids liked it. It was disappointing to only have the D pool to swim in. It was a bit tight. Once the whole thing is open it will be much nicer. We had a great time and enjoyed the resort, but it was rather cut up. We were in frontier, so to get to where most of the restaurants were was a long walk out and around the resort. Trader Sams was close by.

Yes and no. I find it interesting that the transportation at DL is different then WDW in many ways. At WDW they pack you in, and keep putting more people in.

At DL found every time, even when there was a long line waiting to get on the monorail or train, they pulled out with many open seats. In both cases they could of fit 10 to 20 more people comfortably on them but they sent the train off, and was only running one so the wait for the next train was 10 min or longer.

While I appreciate not having a stranger sit on my lap, standing in long line and seeing a train with a number of empty seats leave didn't make me happy. I wonder if CA laws are different then FLA?

So most cases it is faster just to walk. If your timing is right, ridding the monorail is nice, and the view is nice.

Pool is looking good, the kids liked it. It was disappointing to only have the D pool to swim in. It was a bit tight. Once the whole thing is open it will be much nicer. We had a great time and enjoyed the resort, but it was rather cut up. We were in frontier, so to get to where most of the restaurants were was a long walk out and around the resort. Trader Sams was close by.

I guess the DL monorail is more of a 'ride' than transportation. Usually we don't mind the walk back to the HoJo, but there was one night last year that DH had to piggy back our very tall 11 who had had enough & was feeling nauseous with fatigue :sick: (we had an unplanned rest day the next day) we would have waited for the monorail that night :rotfl:

I guess the DL monorail is more of a 'ride' than transportation. Usually we don't mind the walk back to the HoJo, but there was one night last year that DH had to piggy back our very tall 11 who had had enough & was feeling nauseous with fatigue :sick: (we had an unplanned rest day the next day) we would have waited for the monorail that night :rotfl:

That is the conclusion DH and I came to about both the monorail and the train. We kept trying to use the train for transport (as you can at WDW) and it took way longer.

My husband had the same night last week when he piggy backed my 10 year old (not as tall) to DLH. We caved and brought an umbrella stroller for my youngest. She turned 7 that week, but is very small (like 40 lbs.) We were very glad we had it. Some nights she feel asleep very early and we were able to stroll her home. I am going to be sad to give up the stroller. :rolleyes1

That is the conclusion DH and I came to about both the monorail and the train. We kept trying to use the train for transport (as you can at WDW) and it took way longer.

My husband had the same night last week when he piggy backed my 10 year old (not as tall) to DLH. We caved and brought an umbrella stroller for my youngest. She turned 7 that week, but is very small (like 40 lbs.) We were very glad we had it. Some nights she feel asleep very early and we were able to stroll her home. I am going to be sad to give up the stroller. :rolleyes1

I miss our stroller for hanging my shopping on & for leaning on :laughing:

It's sounding more and more like the Disneyland Hotel is the hotel to stay at in California for (many). Not going to say all.

My sister in law just got back from DLH and Grand stays and much preferred the Adventure tower at Disney Hotel.

The Grand is starting to show its age a bit when compared to the brand new rooms at Disneyland Hotel.

Plus, it seems as though, if you get Adventure Tower, it's not THAT much further than the Grand. At the Grand, once you get back to the gate, you have to maze through the hallways and whatnot. Adventure Tower might still be a tiny bit further, but not by much compared to some rooms at the Grand. Once you get to Adventure Tower, it's quite small, elevator up and a small hall to walk.

It's sounding more and more like the Disneyland Hotel is the hotel to stay at in California for (many). Not going to say all.

My sister in law just got back from DLH and Grand stays and much preferred the Adventure tower at Disney Hotel.

The Grand is starting to show its age a bit when compared to the brand new rooms at Disneyland Hotel.

Plus, it seems as though, if you get Adventure Tower, it's not THAT much further than the Grand. At the Grand, once you get back to the gate, you have to maze through the hallways and whatnot. Adventure Tower might still be a tiny bit further, but not by much compared to some rooms at the Grand. Once you get to Adventure Tower, it's quite small, elevator up and a small hall to walk.

We love the look of the Grand, but it was the renovations at the DLH that got us interested, we are used to the walk to the HoJo but like the idea of walking 'home' through DTD :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter