Disneyland Hotel?

dsquarednz

Mouseketeer
Ok, we've finally narrowed our choices a bit:

We can book a standard Disneyland Hotel room for 4 nights - or - a premium room for 3 nights. When I asked what the 'premium' room entails, they basically just said that we would get a view of the fireworks. Is that in the newly renovated tower?

I'm also a bit concerned that the pool may be closed due to the ongoing construction....should we consider PPH instead?

I booked a premium room for June and got a renovated room in the Dreams tower overlooking the pool (9th floor). That being said, I heard the CM telling the people who were checking in next to me that they had overbooked the standard rooms and were upgrading some people for free. Not that it's going to necessarily happen when you're there, but it does happen.

I obsessed a lot about the type of room to book before my trip - and the premium room was very nice - but if it had come down to a trade off between one more day on site or the upgraded room, I would have definitely just booked the standard room, hands down.

I totally agree with PP, take the standard room and get an extra day. We've stayed at the DLH 3 times in the past year and have always reserved a standard room, but 2 out of the 3 times we were given high level pool view rooms...they were great. The one standard room we got, we just like the other rooms, but no view which really doesn't matter since we're only there to sleep. Still waiting for a new room, but my girls love the old ones so much, it's not that big of a deal for us. Good luck and have fun!

I'm also a bit concerned that the pool may be closed due to the ongoing construction....should we consider PPH instead?

The pool construction will be done in 2012 and the restaurants/hotel makeover will be done in 2011. You could consider PPH, but it all comes down to what you want. DLH is slightly closer to the parks but if you're into swimming I'd maybe even consider GC if you're not concerned about breaking the bank. Me personally, I'm never in the hotel enough to even care because I'm always in the park

We stayed at DLH last month. I booked a standard room and we were put in a room on the 5th floor of the Magic tower. It was a non-renovated room, but it was light & bright and spacious and comfortable. We had a view of a parking lot and some palm trees, but at night we were surprised to find that we had a perfect view of the fireworks! :thumbsup2

Can you split the difference and get a lower level view room? I wouldn't sacrifice an additional day for a fireworks view...I'd rather be in the park viewing them!!

So a premium room at DLH can have a view of DTD or the pool?

I was planning to book a premium room because I really want the view of DTD. We are going in February so I assume the pool area will definitely be under construction by then and I would prefer not to have that view ;)

How successful have others been with building and view requests?

I always get a standard room and I request the main tower( same tower you check in can't remember the name). Every time we have stayed there we have had a great view of the fireworks and there is a certain channel on the TV that pipes in the music it's great!

So a premium room at DLH can have a view of DTD or the pool?

I was planning to book a premium room because I really want the view of DTD. We are going in February so I assume the pool area will definitely be under construction by then and I would prefer not to have that view ;)

How successful have others been with building and view requests?

I requested a refurbished room with DTD view, and I got the refurbished part but not the DTD part. It is important to note than when you book as a package, the option is "resort OR pool" (so you could get either one), but when you book hotel separately you are offered the option of choosing one or the other. That peeved me a little.

I would you take the extra day at DL. PPH is fine, but if you plan on staying in the DL park late, the monorail is a great ride to put you close to your hotel!
:banana:

So it is the tower that faces DTD that was renovated? The renovated rooms seem like they'd be awesome, but what are the chances?

Has anyone posted images of the new rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter