Disneyland Hotel to Get Upgrade!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
This is really good news as it's so overdue, though I'm going to miss being able to open the sliding doors.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-hotel-4646/

The long-anticipated renovation of the Disneyland Hotel will begin in phases in August and is scheduled to wrap up in time for the 2012 debut of Cars Land at Disney’s California Adventure.

Built in 1955, the old and outdated hotel — which Disney euphemistically calls “historic” — has been showing its age for years.

The major rehab features extensive interior and exterior facelifts and a complete infrastructure upgrade — including a much-needed overhaul of the plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems.

Construction will proceed at one vertical half of a tower at a time — starting with the Dreams tower, which is scheduled to be completed by June 2010. The Magic and Wonder towers will follow. The hotel and all three towers will remain open throughout construction.

Each renovated room will feature a flat-screen TV, wireless Internet connections and a Sleeping Beauty Castle headboard with a fiber-optic fireworks display.

Gone from the exterior are the sliding-glass doors and faux balcony railings, replaced by large, blue-tinted windows.

--------------------

very pretty,love the colors,but I will miss the doors as well. hopefully my room in 2 days will be awesome and I will enjoy the doors before they are gone:goodvibes

august? gah, that makes me nervous since i'll be staying in september! I hope it's not all loud construction kind of stuff - and I wonder what they'll be doing the first month! it sounds like the upgrades will be beautiful, though - thanks for the heads up!

Awesome news, thanks MJ!
I wonder if the "refurbed" rooms will be more expensive. I am hoping someone from the Ladies Only group will experience one in Feb/March.

My wedding planner just sent us a notice about the construction. She also said that it was really neat how during her weddings , which are twice a day, the whole construction crew stops , becomes very very quiet, and all stand there watching the wedding. I think that is so sweet.
So, I guess Ill be having "extra guests" for my wedding ceremony. ;)
and yes the wedding is getting closer and yes, I'm freaking out!!:scared1::scared1::laughing:
I think the refurb sounds wonderful. No one wants to see the icon lose all of its charm, time to shine the old gal up again!:wizard:

Awesome news, thanks MJ!
I wonder if the "refubed" rooms will be more expensive. I am hoping someone from the Ladies Only group will experience one in Feb/March.

I was wondering the same thing myself. My guess is that they probably will be more expensive.

Oh my goodness, that's so beautiful! I wouldn't have expected something so... modern? But it's gorgeous!

Rachaface -

We are staying at DLH in mid-September and we had requested the Dreams tower. Called DLH today to ask what noise level will be like, other inconvenience due to construction, as we have a 2 and 3 year old who will need naps, etc!! The CM I talked to highly suggested changing to a room in one of the other towers.

They will have buffer rooms to keep noise to a minimum and work is only allowed during normal business type hours, that's why it will take so long to finish.

But if you have children who nap during the day, request a different tower.

Based on the picture, that's going to be a drammatic change! We love staying at the hotel, but it really does feel pretty dates, esp. given the room rates.

That is great. I'm really glad to hear that the DLH is finally getting a little TLC. I'm going to be staying there for the first time in sept. I hope the construction is not too bothersome.

Wow..I really like the look of this. I stayed at the DLH back in the 60's..the day we left they had a fire =:0. I've always been a bit skittish of high rise hotels..maybe that's why I love the Grand. This looks really nice..maybe I'll have to give it a try at some point...on a lower floor :)

I like the decor, but think I will miss the sliding door(s). I remember many a time just cracking open the door to hear the sounds of the resort, whether it was the sounds of the marina and the people walking around to the sound of the waterfalls in the old Bonita tower (never did get the hang of the new tower names..) I am just glad that Disney has decided to retain the towers for now and make them more modern inside (and out). If we have to lose the faux balconies to keep the resort going, I guess that is a price worth paying. Where can we get a headboard like that for home, btw... :)

The new look is great but the only reason I even liked staying there was because of the large opening doors. We have stayed in the Dream tower and on Spring or Summer days we open the doors wide and let in all the breezes and music from DTD you feel like you are outside but instead you are lounging on your bed taking a blissful nap. This really changes the whole experience of staying there for me. I wonder if the tragedies that have occured there helped to make this decision.

Marilyn

Wow this is absolutely GREAT news! Can't wait to see the Sleeping Beauty Castle headboard with Fireworks.

Great news, I was surprise that the Wonder tower is the last to be completed as the rooms we've had there seem to need it the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter