• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hotel questions

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Today DH booked the DLH for my friend and I for our birthdays. :woohoo: I haven't stayed at the DLH since 2005 and know nothing about it now.

We'll have just one night in a standard view.

I want to fax in any requests to maximum the standard view. I know the towers' names have changed and I believe the rooms have been refurbed too. :hyper:

Any direction would be great. Links? I've checked out the official Disneyland site but it is very general.

:thanks:

Found allearsnet.com has great info. :thumbsup2

So when we valet upon arrival, can we leave our vehicle with valet after check out the next day and come back later to get it? I know it's $17.

If you like balconies you may want to ask for a room on the top floor. We were on the top floor (in a std room) and had a balcony but we noticed outside the building that only the top floor did.

Today DH booked the DLH for my friend and I for our birthdays. :woohoo: I haven't stayed at the DLH since 2005 and know nothing about it now.

We'll have just one night in a standard view.

I want to fax in any requests to maximum the standard view. I know the towers' names have changed and I believe the rooms have been refurbed too. :hyper:

Any direction would be great. Links? I've checked out the official Disneyland site but it is very general.

:thanks:

Woohoo! I love the DLH. I would make sure to have your room requests called in ahead of time so it's in the computer. Faxing may help, I've never done it but it couldn't hurt.

I always get a view room so I don't know much about the standard. If I had a standard room booked I would probably request one of the towers closest to Downtown Disney so I didn't have as far to walk.

Checking in early is the best. I used to arrive and check in late in the evening and found they couldn't honor my requests (all the good rooms were gone) so now I try to arrive early and things are easier.

Found allearsnet.com has great info. :thumbsup2

So when we valet upon arrival, can we leave our vehicle with valet after check out the next day and come back later to get it? I know it's $17.

Yes. You can definitely leave your car with the valet on checkout day after you have checked out and pick it up later in the day. I've done this many times at the Disneyland Hotel. I think I've heard reports somewhere that the parking fee rolls over at midnight and you get charged for another day, but I can't remember whether this was DL or WDW. At least up until midnight you should be good.

I usually check out early in the morning, take our luggage to the Bell Desk out front to hold until we leave later in the day, hit the parks until later, come back to the hotel, pick up the luggage from the bell desk and the car from the valet (they are right next to each other), and hit the road to the airport.

BTW, I love the DLH valets. I usually can get my car picked up in a matter of a couple of minutes with no notice and be on the road to get some real food (non-park food). The cars are kept close to the front entrance at DLH. At GCH I've had to wait quite a bit for the valets to retrieve the car.

The Adventure Tower has pool views on one side and Downtown Disney on the other. The Fantasy Tower has pool views on one side and the parking lot (ugh!) on the other. While the parking lot is not exciting, if you peer toward the right you can see all three mountains (Space, Thunder, and Splash) and have a view of the fireworks. I've never stayed in the Frontier Tower, but I'm sure it has it's charms, too.

If you like balconies you may want to ask for a room on the top floor. We were on the top floor (in a std room) and had a balcony but we noticed outside the building that only the top floor did.

Great idea, thank you! I do like a balcony. We'll only be thee for one night. If it were a longer stay, I'd pay for the theme park view for sure.

Woohoo! I love the DLH. I would make sure to have your room requests called in ahead of time so it's in the computer. Faxing may help, I've never done it but it couldn't hurt.

I will call. How many days ahead should I call?

I always get a view room so I don't know much about the standard. If I had a standard room booked I would probably request one of the towers closest to Downtown Disney so I didn't have as far to walk.

I'll do that. If it were for longer than one night, I'd pay for a better view. :) Is that walk that much further? I'm used to the GCV where the walk is nil.

Checking in early is the best. I used to arrive and check in late in the evening and found they couldn't honor my requests (all the good rooms were gone) so now I try to arrive early and things are easier.

We land at 2:30 and will head straight over to check in. :thumbsup2 I think as I booked through DVC I can do inline check in up to days early too.

Yes. You can definitely leave your car with the valet on checkout day after you have checked out and pick it up later in the day. I've done this many times at the Disneyland Hotel. I think I've heard reports somewhere that the parking fee rolls over at midnight and you get charged for another day, but I can't remember whether this was DL or WDW. At least up until midnight you should be good.

That's what I'm wondering? If it rolls over than thats $34 for parking but much easier to navigate than the parking structure. Twice. :scared: I haven't used the parking garage in years.

I usually check out early in the morning, take our luggage to the Bell Desk out front to hold until we leave later in the day, hit the parks until later, come back to the hotel, pick up the luggage from the bell desk and the car from the valet (they are right next to each other), and hit the road to the airport.

We'll be heading to my friend's house after our day in Disney. :cloud9: Thank goodness. I think one day in So Cal might almost be more painful than no days. ;)

BTW, I love the DLH valets. I usually can get my car picked up in a matter of a couple of minutes with no notice and be on the road to get some real food (non-park food). The cars are kept close to the front entrance at DLH. At GCH I've had to wait quite a bit for the valets to retrieve the car.

Awesome! Thank you. I am really looking forward to our stay. Its been ages and the refurbs look fantastic.

The Adventure Tower has pool views on one side and Downtown Disney on the other. The Fantasy Tower has pool views on one side and the parking lot (ugh!) on the other. While the parking lot is not exciting, if you peer toward the right you can see all three mountains (Space, Thunder, and Splash) and have a view of the fireworks. I've never stayed in the Frontier Tower, but I'm sure it has it's charms, too.

:thanks: Great info. :thumbsup2 Sounds like the Adventure Tower would be perfect.

I know I'm staying in a standard and am not expecting any miracles but you never know. :)

I will call. How many days ahead should I call?

Call right now. You can put your room request on the reservation anytime, even as soon as you first make the reservation.

Faxing it again a couple of days before your stay may help remind them (I've never done it but others have).

I believe now DL has an early check-in phone line? I haven't used it but I seem to recall somewhere seeing that you could call the morning of your arrival to pre-checkin or something?

Call right now. You can put your room request on the reservation anytime, even as soon as you first make the reservation.

Faxing it again a couple of days before your stay may help remind them (I've never done it but others have).

I believe now DL has an early check-in phone line? I haven't used it but I seem to recall somewhere seeing that you could call the morning of your arrival to pre-checkin or something?

Perfect, thanks! I'll call tomorrow. I'm thinking Adventure Tower, as high as floor as I can get. :thumbsup2 Thank you again. :goodvibes

I'll look into the precheck in and also to see if I can do the 10 thru DVC since I used points.

Perfect, thanks! I'll call tomorrow. I'm thinking Adventure Tower, as high as floor as I can get. :thumbsup2 Thank you again. :goodvibes

I'll look into the precheck in and also to see if I can do the 10 thru DVC since I used points.

--Is the Adventure Tower the one with the main lobby?

--Has anyone ever gotten an upgraded view even though they booked the standard view with DVC points?

Thanks

The tower with the main lobby is the Fantasy tower.

We just stayed there last week and had standard rooms in the Fantasy tower. Since most of our time is spent in the parks, we went for the most economical. Our room was on the 8th floor looking towards Mickeys Parking Structure. You could also see the Matterhorn off to the right.

The hotel is well worth the stay. Good beds and pillows. Valet parking was $22.00...seven dollars more than self parking. For two nights we felt the valet parking was worth it, a real time-saver for us.

I understand that the standard rooms in the Adventure tower are at "tree level". Not sure what that means, but we didn't ask for it due to potential noise issues. The Fantasy tower is steps away from the Adventure tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter