Disneyland Hotel lobby pictures?

britterbell

DIS Veteran
hi all,

We're looking to go to Disneyland for the first time ever this coming summer (YAY!)

At WDW, we stay at the Grand Floridian because (I kid you not) my dad likes the lobby and relaxing in there.

For our DLR trip we are stuck between GC and DH. My mom and I are trying to get as many pictures of the lobby of DH as possible, but we can't really father what it looks like. Does anyone have pictures of the DH lobby? It will help us decide where to stay! Thanks!

While fun, the DLH lobby is a bit lacking. There are cute tea cup chairs, but that's about it. The rest of the hotel has a lot to offer, but the lobby is a bit small. It gets the job done, but that's about it.

The Grand, however, has an AMAZING lobby. :)

Yep....pp's are correct. If you are looking for a great lobby to relax and hangout in....GCH is the answer. DLH lobby is mostly functional, not so much for hanging out (would be kind of boring, really.)

I agree. The lobby of the DLH isn't really a place to hang out, there's not really any place to hang out in the lobby. But the GCH, now that is a really nice lobby with lots of places to hang out!

I personally feel the DLH's lobby is not relaxing in anyway. The lobby is for checking in and out of the hotel.
However, there are other places on the grounds where your dad might slip away to relax, if you choose the DLH.

The GCH on the other hand is PERFECT!
Once you go through the entrance, to the right is the reservation desk. It's in its' own little zone. This contains the commotion of check-in and check-out.
The GCH has more of a common area than a lobby and is extremely large. There are several small areas of grouped furniture. There's a fireside area that is nice and cozy. On many occasions there is a pianist playing.

You can search YouTube videos to see the difference between the two.

If you choose the GCH, I recommend you request a room near the elevators.

Geemo

I completely agree with what others have shared. The best places to relax and people watch at DLH are outside around the pool and Trader Sams area. So if you're going in the warmer months this may be preferable. The pools are great! As for lobbies, the Grand is where it's at! One of the best lobbies ever and definitely the winner in terms of a peaceful retreat.

Also remember that DLH is a collection of hotel buildings in a complex. Each hotel building has its own little lobby. Most of the time they are quiet, but not very good for people watching.

The GCH lobby is beautiful, but it seems to have a serious problem with homelessness: go anytime after noon and you will see lots of the furniture taken up by people sleeping.

At DLH, I recommend relaxing in the Lounge at 55.
It's open seating all day even though many people don't sit there.
WiFi is really good, Air Conditioned, nice surroundings, and Outlets for charging stuff.12.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter