Disneyland Hotel - breakfast

carlins_leap

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Thanks to some sound advice frim you lovely lot, we've decided that our next stay (Halloween 2016) will be at the Disneyland Hotel and we made our booking last week :)

Just wanted to ask about breakfast.
All out previous visits have been to the Santa Fe and I just wondered about the differences in the kind of food on offer.

Where do you eat? Is it in Inventions?

Also, do you get a time slot at check in or do you turn up when you like?

Sorry for all the questions...but thanks in advance :)

Steve

I stayed in Disneyland Hotel end of April 2016.

Breakfast is a buffet and starts at 7.30am. You dont get a time slot, you just turn up.

At the host stand you will be asked how many in your party and brought to a table
I was there at exactly 7.30am and was seated in Innventions. They fill Inventions first and then depending on how busy, they then fill Californian Grill.

Tea, coffee and hot chocolate are served to you, everything else is at the buffet.

Hot food is in the middle of the buffet,this is
Scrambled eggs
Hard boiled eggs
bacon
veal sausages
grilled tomatoes
English baked beans

The side nearest the entrance has
fruit juice
fruit
cold meats and cheese
yoghurts
cereal

The far side has
bread for toasting
pastries
croissants
American pancakes and maple syrup

I loved loved every minute of staying in Disneyland Hotel, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask :) I have previously stayed at Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge

American pancakes, bacon and syrup...mmmmm....we're going to be at breakfast for hours :)

Thanks for the offer of advice too Tink :)

What kind of room did you stay in?
We're in family room for five people and I'm curious about the size of the room - particularly the sofa bed as it's where I'm going to be sleeping :)

Sorry to unload questions on you, but....

Is there a mini fridge in the room?
Is there room service?

American pancakes, bacon and syrup...mmmmm....we're going to be at breakfast for hours :)
Thats what I thought too, but I was done by 8am and in the park by 8.05am :) but I am a solo traveller so there was no chat just me trying to enjoy the experience

Thanks for the offer of advice too Tink :)

What kind of room did you stay in?
We're in family room for five people and I'm curious about the size of the room - particularly the sofa bed as it's where I'm going to be sleeping :)
I was in a standard room, floor 3 on the reception side of the hotel. The room I stayed in would be one of the smallest. I had 1 double bed, 1 sofa, a table, and 2 chairs. I got lucky and had a balcony, very few rooms have balcony's.

Is there a mini fridge in the room?
Not a mini fridge but drinks and snack selection, which I did not use. You are charge for them

Is there room service?
Yes there is room service but I forgot to take a photo of it so cant remember prices. Im gussing its more expensive than quick service in the parks

The family rooms are quite large but not huge. We have had them twice without knowing that was what they were - this was before they started advertising them as 'family rooms'. The bathrooms are no different - same size as standard.

A tip on breakfast at DLH - if you want to make EMH and be in the park first/without many people, skip breakfast first thing (we take small cartons of fresh orange and a 'breakfast biscuit' or fruit to snack on while standing in line), then head back around 10 am towards the end of EMH. It really makes a difference as you get the pick of EMH. We do this pretty much every day when we stay at DLH. Also, if you are on a budget, eating breakfast so late means you can often skip lunch! You can do this with other Disney hotels but imo it's most worth it with DLH as you are right there and also don't have bag checks to go through.

Breakfast at the DLH is one of my favourites for breakfast ever! As the food offerings are brilliant and if you can get a table by the window overlooking Main Street it's just beautiful.

Room service is astronomical at DLH - it's a long time ago that we used it for pizza, recall the price was around £15 each and it was horrible - and took an age - my Mum rang them at least twice to chase up! I honestly would send someone out over to the Village (if park closed) to get a 'snack' if you're wanting a light bite and can't all get out.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but we really enjoyed the breakfast in Hotel New York, much better than Santa Fe, no time slots and hot food items (eggs, bacon etc) - Does anyone know what the breakfast is like at Newport Bay ?

Tony

Sounds yummy! Are non guests able to pay for breakfast and dine at the Disneyland Hotel? And how much would that cost?
Thanks

Sounds yummy! Are non guests able to pay for breakfast and dine at the Disneyland Hotel? And how much would that cost?
Thanks

Breakfast is included in ALL onsite hotels, but if you go to a different hotel you have to pay. For example, if you are staying at Sequoia Lodge, breakfast is included, but if you want to eat breakfast in Disneyland Hotel you have to pay.

Breakfast at Disneyland Hotel costs €34 per adult and you might not be allowed to eat there, as they give priority to people actually staying in the hotel.

They increased the price of breakfast at the DLH to put people off eating there who weren't guests. Having been a guest who had to eat breakfast in a 'back room' of the DLH on a previous trip owing to it being so full in Inventions and CG, partly due to the fact they had so many non-guests eating there, I honestly wasn't impressed at all. This was in the day when it was much cheaper to eat in there - 14 euros springs to mind?

In my opinion the breakfast in Inventions is amazing as the view is gorgeous and the choice is fabulous, but it is right that the hotel guests get priority. In busier periods this isn't possible and they seem to have no way of controlling the balance, hence the price increase. If I wasn't staying at the DLH, I wouldn't pay 34 euros for it though! We stayed at SQL GF the last visit as didn't have 'DLH' cash as were going to WDW, and we really liked the breakfast there - not quite the same but actually really nice and we'd stay there again.

Hotel New York breakfast is nearly up to DLH standard - we were VERY impressed when we visited this March. Not really sure what differences there were compared to the DLH breakfast to be honest! :)

C x

Do you have any photos cdsmiller? Do they do boiled eggs at HNY? My Mum is always going on about the DLH boiled eggs - bless her!

The thing for me with DLH is the view - you just can't beat having breakfast looking down Main Street and at the Castle.

Do you have any photos cdsmiller? Do they do boiled eggs at HNY? My Mum is always going on about the DLH boiled eggs - bless her!

The thing for me with DLH is the view - you just can't beat having breakfast looking down Main Street and at the Castle.

I'm afraid not - we didn't see boiled eggs!!!! lol Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausages, crispy potatoes, pancakes, maple syrup, cereals, fruit pots and yogurts (we had a 7 month old! lol), apple orange and pineapple juices, hot drinks, pastries.... I can't remember what else. I did live on pancakes, bacon and maple syrup I'm afraid... ;)

C x

I'm afraid not - we didn't see boiled eggs!!!! lol Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausages, crispy potatoes, pancakes, maple syrup, cereals, fruit pots and yogurts (we had a 7 month old! lol), apple orange and pineapple juices, hot drinks, pastries.... I can't remember what else. I did live on pancakes, bacon and maple syrup I'm afraid... ;)

C x

Oh sounds nice anyway! Not sure I'd persuade Mum though - she loves those boiled eggs at DLH - ha ha!

Breakfast price at DLH sometimes change when capacity is lower (due to renovations works for example), expect some price surge when this happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter