Disneyland Halloween?

vascubaguy

DIS Veteran
I saw something about a special event at DL this October that is supposed to be similar to the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party. It said that 4 dates have been tenatively set and the time for the event was 7:30pm-10:30pm @ $20 per ticket.

Anyone have any more info on that, or where I can get more info? I'm going to be there from Oct 19-23 and would like to go if it happens.

Thanks!

The info I heard was - Mickey's Halloween Treat 10/21,22, 28 & 29 - tickets available to the public on 9/15/05. Not sure if they are $15 each or $20 each.
They had an event like this years ago, so hopefully they are bringing it back.

4fosterkids said:
The info I heard was - Mickey's Halloween Treat 10/21,22, 28 & 29 - tickets available to the public on 9/15/05. Not sure if they are $15 each or $20 each.
They had an event like this years ago, so hopefully they are bringing it back.

What exactly did they do at this "party"?
I've never been to MNSSHP at WDW either so I have no idea what to expect. Or if it is a more "little kids" oriented thing... I just wonder if 2 "kids at heart" would enjoy it too! :goodvibes :teeth:

If I remember correctly, it was marketed as a family kind of thing, but there were all kinds of people there and dressed up. They had "treat" stations where the kids were given bags and little candies, stickers etc. at each one. I think they had a costume parade type of thing, but I don't recall going on any rides. I will have to pull out an old photo album to remember more. I do recall they were strict about the costumes being family friendly and not gross, scary, bloody type of things.
I'm sure more will be posted as the event gets closer.

In addition to trick-or-treating various locations around the park, there were "live" people in Pirates and HM. Also, you could take a trip on the "Ghost Ship" Columbia to hear ghost stories around the river while covered in fog (thanks to Fantasmic) and all of the animals covered in sheets...yes it was cheesy, but it was very funny too!

I believe there were other "halloween" type events in the Horseshoe and Big Thunder Ranch (do not remember for sure).

It was a lot of fun!

They had special popcorn buckets, too. I remember being scared by a pirate in PoC, and seeing another one & thinking that I hadn't seen that one before, and then he started talking to us - that was so cool.

In HM, they had a suit of armour that had a person in it.

I do hope they bring this back to Disneyland - it was fun for us, and my kids were the perfect age at the time. The first year the whole park was open, and the second year, I think we only went to Frontierland, Fantasyland, & Toontown - the rest of the park was closed off. Not enough people went the first year to warrant the CMs working, I think.

Everyone could trick-or-treat ... kids of all ages, and goodies included a lot of tootsie rolls, stickers, souvenir cup, etc.

The park was also decorated very Halloween-like, and there were huge jackolanterns that were carved - the ones that are 300+ pounds.

There was also a scarecrow hanging from one of the lamposts on Main Street who talked to us as we walked past. I'll have to see if I have any pics from those visits.

My favorite costume that a guest wore was a little girl dressed as Pocahontas, and her grandmother was dressed as grandmother willow.

Sounds neat, but this adds more complexity to my trip.... NOW I HAVE TO PLAN A COSTUME TOO!!! :rotfl2: :crazy:

I read somewhere that it was going to be at DCA, though.

vascubaguy,

If you are still looking for more info, there is some posted on LaughingPlace.

Sorry, but apparently I have not posted enough to be allowed to share the link. :sad2:

So, I'll just paste in the info:

Trick-or-treat with your favorite Disney Characters during Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disney's California Adventure™ park!* Dress up for this not-so-scary Halloween party with special activities, "spirited" music and delicious food. It's a fun-filled night that's light on fright for the entire family. Annual Passholders can purchase tickets online while supplies last beginning 8/1/05, so be sure to come back for this sweet treat.

Mickey's Halloween Treat information:

Join the fun on the following Fridays and Saturdays in October: 10/21; 10/22; 10/28; 10/29/05.
Trick-or-treat from 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Annual Passholder ticket price is $15 per ticket with parking included.

Additional Information:

Purchase up to 8 tickets per Annual Passholder.
General Public ticket sales begin 9/15/05.
25% discount is off the "day of" ticket price.
* Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Advance purchase savings available with valid Annual Passport until one day prior to event date and may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Limit eight (8) tickets per Annual Passholder, per event date. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive, violent, or representative of famous persons or copyrighted characters. Guests' faces must be visible at all times. Offer and event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney

Daniel

Ugh... I can't even post my sig image. :sad2:

DisneyGuys said:
vascubaguy,

If you are still looking for more info, there is some posted on LaughingPlace.

Sorry, but apparently I have not posted enough to be allowed to share the link. :sad2:

So, I'll just paste in the info:

Trick-or-treat with your favorite Disney Characters during Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disney's California Adventure™ park!* Dress up for this not-so-scary Halloween party with special activities, "spirited" music and delicious food. It's a fun-filled night that's light on fright for the entire family. Annual Passholders can purchase tickets online while supplies last beginning 8/1/05, so be sure to come back for this sweet treat.

Mickey's Halloween Treat information:

Join the fun on the following Fridays and Saturdays in October: 10/21; 10/22; 10/28; 10/29/05.
Trick-or-treat from 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Annual Passholder ticket price is $15 per ticket with parking included.

Additional Information:

Purchase up to 8 tickets per Annual Passholder.
General Public ticket sales begin 9/15/05.
25% discount is off the "day of" ticket price.
* Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Advance purchase savings available with valid Annual Passport until one day prior to event date and may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Limit eight (8) tickets per Annual Passholder, per event date. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive, violent, or representative of famous persons or copyrighted characters. Guests' faces must be visible at all times. Offer and event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney

Daniel

Ugh... I can't even post my sig image. :sad2:

Thanks for the info. The limited availability is kinda scary for those that don't have AP. I heard that the last time this was done it sold out before tickets were ever released to the public. It would make sense that people in the area would take their kids trick-or-treating at DCA. Safe, fun, and not that expensive!

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun, just pay close attention to the no copyrighted characters bit, which brings up the question are Disney characters allowed? As they are in FL.

Does anyone know how AP's order these tickets? Online? Is there a phone number to call?

Do they go on sale in the morning? At a specific time?

Online? Phone number?

Any info much appreciated!!!

Susy

You can try calling (714) 781-4400 -- that is the number for tours & the Fantasmic dessert buffet, etc.

Nothing has been updated on the website

and Ive been on hold for ten minutes at that website

Anybody else figure out how to buy tickets?

If so, please let me know

thanks!

Susy

Just finally got thru on that number on bought tix over the phone - thank you!!!

Susy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter