Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2009 - WISH meet

I'm sure others will have more definitive information for you, but for the WDW 1/2 earlier this year, they sent out a PDF pamphlet before the race with all kinds of good info, like parking, when to get there, etc. But if you're not coming down until race day, how will you get your bib and such? Don't you need to go to the Expo on Friday or Saturday to pick up your race bib, tracking pod, and other goodies? Hopefully I'm not panicing you, I just really don't know the answer...I'm new to the DL Half too. :worship: I'm sure our fellow WISHers will help now that I've confused...:dance3:

haha, no worries, I'll drive down to the DLH on Friday evening or Saturday AM to get my race packet (and visit the parks, natch) but will drive back home. I'm only 30 minutes from the park (with no traffic, which is admittedly rare!), so its no big deal to go multiple times in a weekend.

Thanks for the tip about the pre-race PDF, I hoped they would do that, but there's been so little info to date, I wasn't sure. thanks for your help!!! :goodvibes

Hi all. Question for those of you who have participated in this 1/2 before. What has the weather been like in the past? DH and I are trying to decide on sleeveless or short sleeve shirts. I've been training with sleeveless, so if I need to switch to short sleeve, I'm thinking I better do that now.

1st year, cool.

2nd year HOT, MISERABLY HOT, HOTTER THAN HELL HOT. Wait, did I say HOT yet? :umbrella:

3rd year warm.

Keep checking any weather site leading up to departure. There are a few people who live in the area that I can check with, and get a last minute update to post. It has been warm lately.

I'm from the Bay Area also! Alameda...I'm flying out Friday morning on SW 7:45am flight

Scott and I may stop by Jamba Juice on Fri and Sat, depending upon who we run into that may sidetrack us into something else!

logistical question for any SoCal locals who have done the DLHM in years past. I'm not planning on staying in Anaheim the night before, so if I drive down in the AM, will I be able to park at M&F? typically it opens 1 hr prior to park opening, but obviously i'll need to be there many hours before park opening. I assume they'll open early for the HM, but I can't find any info on it. Any ideas?

I haven't been on this thread in awhile, figured it was time to check back in! So forgive me if this has already been answered... I drive in from about 25 miles away and have no problem parking in M&F, I just have to come before 5 am! Ungodly hour, but then I just put my seat back and snooze for awhile!!

Jeanne - I will not be doing the 1/2, and it is looking really iffy for the 5K even, but Scott will be racing both, and I will be part of the scream team!

Kara - It will be great to see you and Eric there!

I haven't been on this thread in awhile, figured it was time to check back in! So forgive me if this has already been answered... I drive in from about 25 miles away and have no problem parking in M&F, I just have to come before 5 am! Ungodly hour, but then I just put my seat back and snooze for awhile!!

thanks! I think I'll be doing the same. Coming from just a little further, doesn't seem worth the $$$$ to stay overnight.

Jeanne - I will not be doing the 1/2, and it is looking really iffy for the 5K even, but Scott will be racing both, and I will be part of the scream team!

Kara - It will be great to see you and Eric there!

Hi Lynn! Yep, we'll be there, but I'm in the 1/2 this year, so look for me, I'll be in with the walkers...look forward to seeing you and Scott too!!

We will only be able to make the Saturday night meet because we fly in Friday and land at 6:15, so I don't see us making the Friday meet. Our first priority will be to get to the hotel, check in there, and hope to make it to the expo before they close, then grab dinner...

Marcia, I forgot when we met you in FL earlier this year that you lived so close to us! But you're flying down much earlier than us...Wish we could but we both have to work on Friday. :lmao: We'll see how much actual :surfweb: gets done that day though...

I will be there 3 -7 Sept...I'm so excited to know that I will be seeing you all in a few days!!!! I apologize, I havent read the thread but where is everyone staying?

We're getting closer!! :yay: Should we be concerned about the air quality with the fires nearby??

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! :goodvibes Anne

I was wondering the same thing about air quality and fires, Anne - I feel guilty worrying about our half marathon and vacations when so many people's homes are in danger, but I can't help but wonder. I was reading the final instruction business about the different flags for different heat conditions, but it did not mention air quality concerns. For now I am just keeping my fingers crossed and praying for the firefighters and people whose homes are in danger.

The meets are Friday and Saturday nights at 7PM in DTD outside Jamba Juice. I'm probably only going to the Friday night one, but I hope to see you race morning!!
Check, I will plan Friday and be there Saturday if we're park free at the time. It's our only Park time Sat/Sun ever.

I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone.

I heard air quality should not be a problem from fires. Hope those calm down for everyone soon.

What time is everyone planning on gathering event morning? I'm looking forward to hanging out with folks there too.

Thanks Jeff, very cool tool. I agree that air quality has been one of the topics of conversation in our house too...When we had some bad fires near by a few weeks ago, the lungs were burning after our training. Here's hoping that the fires are well under control and the winds don't blow residual smoke down into Orange County!! :worship:

Friday and Saturday nights at 7PM in Downtown Disney outside Jamba Juice.

Add your name if you'll be there, and I'll update this list.

Jeff (mkymse)
Marcia (mushu)
Scott H & Lynne (Scott H & LynneG)
Michelle (MiaBanda)
KSOEHRLEIN
Jeanne & John (Jeanneg)
Jen & Butch (Jbucci)
Pat (WDWFAN9)
Tammy (Running Diva)
Nancy (Yellowponcho Mickey)
Lily (Tigerlily)
Mary Jo (TNMaryJo) (aka MoJo)
AnnMarie (Cindyrunner)
Casey (Caseydilla & DH Todd)
Wendy (getnthinr)
Tiffany (ghoulishgirl) & Leora (mom)
Z-man & Z-woman
Kara & Eric (Karaeric)
John & Karen (Space Ranger & Karen east)
Corrina (corinnak)
Grizzbuzz

? Maybe's
Scott (Scoolover)
Kristy (Kristy-Leigh)

I was just wondering who was planning on coming Friday night? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time, and seeing others I met at the Princess meet in March! I won't have WISH attire on for the 1/2 so I'd really like to get to know some faces!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter