Disneyland! - Gay Days Anaheim 2012 - who's going?

Most exciting new attraction at Disney California Adventure?

• 1920s theming throughout park

• Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

• Cars Land

• Wonderful World of Color show

Results are only viewable after voting.

pirateprince

Uncle Walt is my guide!
I just made hotel reservations for Gay Days Anaheim 2012. So excited!! My partner and I are staying at the Grand Californian Hotel from Oct. 5 - 8, to attend all the events -- and to enjoy character brunch at the Storyteller Cafe, swank dinner at the Napa Rose restaurant, and drinks by the pool.

Who else is going? What are you looking forward to doing?

Naturally, I'm most excited about the newly renovated Disney California Adventure park. Imagineers have spent over $1 billion to create a 1923 theme throughout DCA, plus Wonderful World of Color, Little Mermaid dark ride, Cars Land (opening June 15) and more. Wheeee!!!

Disneyland will also be celebrating Halloween then, which is of course one of my favorite holidays. Last time I went to WDW at Halloween time I dressed up (as a spaceship pilot). I'll definitely dress up for Disneyland Halloween.

Will I see you at Gay Days Anaheim? I hope so!

Note: I don't work for Disney or Gay Days. I'm just super enthusiastic!!

I'm thinking of going this year, I've done the WDW gaydays almost every year since 1999... and the one time I went to Disneyland was on a Sunday after being brought to a rave all night and then some club (still going around 8am) then Disneyland around 10am (just before CA opened.) I only have one picture and I don't remember much except for the double dip at Pirates!

Not gay. Not going to be there for Gay Days. But noticed your mention of Napa Rose and wanted to offer a suggestion: Chef's Counter.

If you're a foodie, the chef's counter at NR is to die for. We (wife & I plus a friend) did it in March and did the option where you simply tell the chef what you like/dislike (and any food allergies) and they prepare whatever they think is best for that course. Its a five-course meal, with wine pairings. Loved every single item. This is what we were served:

Napa Rose Chef's Counter

Amuse Bouche
Scharffenberger Sparkling Wine, Mendocino CA

1st Course
Jeff - Steak Tartare - Valdique, J Lohr Vineyards
Val - Skuna Bay Carpaccio - Nora Albarino, Spain
Mary Jo - Smiling Tiger Salad - Zilliken Riesling, Germany

2nd Course
J - Oak Roasted Calamari - Livio, Falluga, Italy
V - Striped Bass - Far Niente Chardonnay, Napa
M - Diver Sea Scallops - La Crema Chardonnay, Sonoma

3rd Course
J - Saute of Pheasant - Crozes Hermitage, France
V - Rabbit Meatloaf - MacMurray Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
M - White Cheddar Jalpeno Risotto - EnRoute Pinot Noir, Sonoma

Main Course
J - Petite Filet Mignon - Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander
V - Venison Loin - Lassiter Meritage, Alexander Valley
M - Braised Short Rib of Beef - Faust Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa

The Finale
J - Dulce de Leche Creme Brûlée - Renwood Orange Moscato
V - Scharffenberger Chocolate Pate - Dows 10 Year Tawny Port
M - Citrus Celebration - Renwood Orange Moscato

I just noticed that I have a long weekend from school the same weekend as Gay Days Anaheim and am very tempted. I went to GDA several year ago and had a great time, and as the OP said, there's some pretty nifty stuff opening up there. (Plus, I have yet to see World of Color....)

-- Dave

My partner and I have been going since 2010. We purchased VIP Gold passes the past two years to take in all of the events, but not this year. With the newly expanded DCA (Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, the Mad Tea Party, etc.) we decided to pass on the VIP experience this year. We did however purchase tickets to Plunge, as that is always a blast!

A word of advice...get to DCA an hour before the park opens to grab a fastpass for RSR as I've heard they run out pretty quick. We'll do this both Saturday and Sunday so we can take it in at least twice.

Went to Gay Days Orlando last year and stayed at Baordwalk Villas. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get Bay Lake Tower for next year.

Looking forward to an exciting weekend and I hope you enjoy yours too!

Well, considering the date that I'm posting, no, we're not going....this year...but I just booked us for next year...DP has never been to DL, so this should be fun for him....and yes, we'll be some of the goofs who dress up for the Halloween party...we did it at WDW this last year, and had a blast...

Hope you and your partner had a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter