Disneyland Forever: Decent viewing areas NOT on Main St?

ryels

Mouseketeer
Since it looks like Disneyland Forever is a weekend only show, we have one shot at seeing it on our May trip. We don't love the sea of humanity on Main St for fireworks shows at WDW, so I can only imagine that it will be worse at DL.

Are there other areas to see and hear the fireworks that you DL vets would recommend? I know we'll miss the projections and such, but are there any decent views from other locations that you like for fireworks?

Thanks in advance!

You won't see much in the way of projections, but I like watching all the fireworks shows from either halfway down Main Street (near the Carnation Cafe) OR just in front/center of the train station.

People at Disneyland don't cram in so tightly. Especially the further back on Main Street you go. The only real bad area is the sections right in front of the castle and just behind the partners statue area. Avoid those.

If you are okay with missing the action on the castle and Matterhorn, the Rivers of America is an excellent spot to watch from. They used to do the projections off the Fantasmic water screens, not sure if they still do. This is the least crowded area to watch from.

Finally, if you want a private, front row seat to all the actual fireworks and don't care about the music or projections, head to the rooftop of the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

Right now, there are also projections on It's a Small World which is where I like to go when I'm not planning to wait in front of the castle. I'm pretty sure they aren't doing the projections at the Rivers of America right now but they might do them in May. I fully expect projections there to be back after Fantasmic returns.

I don't think it's difficult to get a spot halfway down Main Street as I've gotten those spots even arriving after the show started pre-pandemic. There's still projections on the buildings on Main Street but you will miss the castle projections because people will hold up their phones to try to take photos of it.

Edit: I almost forgot that the Main Street Electrical Parade is returning at the same time. If the time makes sense, a potential strategy is to get a good spot for the parade on the curb and the move in to the center of Main Street after it passes.

Thanks for all the great answers! A couple of good options here. We may check out Main St and see how it feels, then move elsewhere as needed. We've been spoiled by Tomorrowland Terrace dessert parties over the past few years. It's hard to imagine standing in a Main St crowd.

The last time we were at DL, no fireworks shows were happening. So we're really looking forward to Disneyland Forever and WOC!

Again another place if you dont mind missing the projections is Rivers of America. I watched them from here on my January trip.

View attachment 654850

When Fantasmic! comes back I think it likely they will once again do the projections on the water screens. I haven't watched them that way, but with F! iminently returning it may be a good option.

OP, I like the It's a Small World view, though it can be crowded there too. People often sit there if you're in near front.

When Fantasmic! comes back I think it likely they will once again do the projections on the water screens. I haven't watched them that way, but with F! iminently returning it may be a good option.

I did this in 2018 and 2019. The trick is to go to the first Fantasmic at 9.00pm and get a good viewing spot. I used to do the Blue Bayou dining package and get a spot right down at the railings. Everyone sits on the ground for Fantamsic but then stands for the fireworks. They make an announcement about the fireworks and keep the lights dimmed in the area.

Assuming it's the same as before:

Main St: Projections and Fireworks and Music/Sound
Small World: Projections and Fireworks and Music/Sound
Rivers of America: Fireworks and Music/Sound (I don't remember seeing projections, but it's possible?)
Star Wars Land: Fireworks
Disneyland Hotel E-ticket lounge: Fireworks and Music/Sound, otherwise just Fireworks
M& F Parking Structure: Fireworks
Various motels/hotels, DCA, etc. Fireworks

My favorite is Small World.

During the 60th I always watched then from Itsa small world or form Rivers of America since I would often do the Blue Bayou dinner package for Fantasmic. Even if I wasn't in the front section they used to project the images on the water screens so was a perfect spot for me.

I'm not the biggest fireworks person but the 60th I literally have to see everytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter