Disneyland February 28 - March 3

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Cast of Characters:

Me (44) HUGE Disney freak, my sister Jen (40) tolerates it for her kids, Allonna (13  my niece) and Alexis (6  my niece)

Background:

This was a Christmas present to the girls from my sister and I. We were supposed to go in January, right after Christmas, but had to postpone!

Thursday February 28th  Travel day

We left Richmond at about 6:30pm. Stopped in Livermore for a quick fast food dinner and got to our hotel in Buttonwillow at about 11:30pm. I didnt want to drive all the way to Anaheim. We stayed at Knights Inn, right off of I5. The motel is OLD and dingy, but we really just slept and showered. Buttonwillow stinks to high heaven (like cow poo or something), which was gross!

Friday March 1st  Disneyland

We got up early and hit Starbucks, which was right next door, and we were on the road at 6:30am. We arrived in Anaheim at 9:30am and our room at the Tropicana was ready!!! We dumped our stuff and headed to the park. My littlest niece has a 10:10 Bibbity Bobbity Boutique appointment.
While she had her appointment, the oldest niece and I hit Space Mountain then met up with the other two.

IMG_3583.jpg

We then did Small World. It was hot and pretty packed and by the time we got off SW we were hungry so we had lunch at Village Haus in Fantasyland. It was pretty good. After lunch we hit Storybook, Tea Cups, Dumbo, Peter Pan and met Rapunzel.

IMG_3593.jpg

Then we got in the Dole Whip line! Longest line of the day I tell ya! We enjoyed the yumminess in the shade then hit up Jungle Cruise, Indy, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Pooh. That took up several hours and we were getting tired so we grabbed a cupcake to share and hung out at Hungry Bear in the shade for a while.

IMG_3595.jpg

We had a 6pm Café Orleans reservation so we headed over at 5:45 and we were seated within 5 minutes. We split the Three Cheese Monte Cristo and an order of fries and I got gumbo and my sister got French onion soup. Everything was delicious!

After dinner we hit Star Tours and did lots of shopping on Main Street. We were pretty tired so we called it a night!

Saturday March 2nd  California Adventure

IMG_3609-1.jpg

We were up early and at the gate at about 7:45am. They were already letting people in so there was no line. We went in and waited near the rope drop to go to Carsland. We followed the masses and were on and done with RSR by 8:20am! Then we did Luigis and Maters. The line for mater was a longer wait than for RSR!!!

We went to Starbucks for coffee and breakfast then hit Soarin. The wait was only about 30 minutes at this point in the day, not bad, but you could see the park was getting more and more crowded by the minute. We next did Ariel then Toy Story. We shopped a bit and the kids played a few boardwalk games. My sister and the oldest niece went on Screaming and the wait was about 30 minutes. We had lunch at the Chinese food place (cant think of the name), well except Allonna she had Mexican. Then we immediately had ice cream! We are so bad, but it was sooooo good!

Alexis wanted to do Bugsland, so we split up. Allonna and I headed to Tower, but the wait was 75 minutes! YIKES! We lucked out though cause as we were walking away from the entrance someone was giving away their fastpasses, so we got them and we were on the ride in about 15 minutes! Then we went into the Animation Building. Its one of Allonnas favorites. We went to the Beasts Library to see who we were (she was Rapunzel and I was Cinderella), did a little acting in Ursulas place (we did a scene from Beauty & The Beast, it was funny) then we took the Art of Animation class and drew Donald. I am no artist, but I think my drawing was decent!!

IMG_3622.jpg

After that we headed to Rainforest Café for our 6pm dinner reservation. Man was DTD packed. It was hard to even walk around! We got there right at 6 and were seated by about 6:20. We enjoyed dinner there! Lex had a Build-A-Bear gift card so she and my sister went there and I went to the WOD store to do even more shopping. We met up and Lex was tired so they left and Allonna and I went back into DCA. We decided to do single rider for RSR and it took just right around an hour for the wait and the ride. We were pooped so we called it a night.

Sunday March 3rd  both parks

Today started out with a lot of drama! We had a 7:10am PS for Breakfast with Minnie and we had a heck of a time getting the kids up and ready. Finally at about 6:50 we were ready to go when Allonna realized she lost her hopper! We searched everywhere in the room, but couldnt find it. She had it in her pocket so we figured it must have fallen out at some point the night before.

So we went over to the parks and decided to try lost and found, well that didnt open until 8. So my sister and the kids sat outside to wait for it to open and I went in since I have an AP and it was early entry for APs. It was freezing (after being super hot for two days) so I ended up buying myself a new Mickey hoodie!

While I was shopping, my sister was dealing with ticket drama. No one had turned in Allonnas pass, but the kind lady at Lost and Found looked at my sister and Lexs passes and I guess could tell my sister wasnt lying and ended up giving Allonna a special one day/both parks ticket! YAY!!! I was so glad my sister didnt have to buy another pass! So they finally go to the gates to get in and Lexis ticket shows that all three days has already been used! UGH! So they have to get a supervisor over and my sister explains that weve only used two days, etc& and they end up giving her the same ticket they just gave Allonna to get it! Its now 9am and we are all hungry and a bit cranky!!!

Weve now way missed our PS, but we go there anyway and I tell the story and the nice lady let us in! We get settled, get our first round of food and then the characters come out! We ended up seeing 8 in total, but Tigger never made it to our table so we have pics with 7 and Lex got autographs as well! We all really enjoyed the breakfast there!!

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

We rode Autopia, the Train, Buzz Lightyear, and met Tinkerbell and Rosetta. The wait to meet Tink was over an hour. The park was packed!! Allonna and I went on Pirates, while my sister took Lex to the Pooh ride. DL was super packed by now. When we got off Pirates the wait was over an hour, which is rare for Pirates, the line was all the way to the Haunted Mansion!! We decided to head over to DCA.

IMG_3667.jpg

First stop was Starbucks!! YUM! We did some shopping and wandered around Carsland to just sort of take it all in. We rode a few things, but the lines were crazy long. Allonna and I hit Screaming and Jen and Lex went back to Ariel. We waited about 30 minutes for Screaming, which wasnt too bad. Then we had dinner at the Garden Grille and we all enjoyed it very much!
Jen and Lex were done, super tired, so they left and Allonna and I did RSR single rider again, another hour wait, and then Tower, which was also an hour wait. After that we were tired so we called it a night!

We had a lot of fun, but DL is a lot different with a 6 year old than it is when I do my adults only trips!

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad the ticket situation was worked out.

Quick question: how much are the boardwalk type games?

thanks for the trip report. What a nice aunt you are!

When my kids were younger, my older DSis had to take a nap after having them for an overnight visit. She wasn't used to young kids.

We'll be in DL at the end of the summer. We love the heat, and hoping that even though that's the week the locals can come back, we don't have large crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter