Disneyland Express vs. SuperShuttle (from LAX)

rw_hadley

"Did you ever get the feeling there's something go
We'll be making our first trip to Disneyland in October, and I'm wondering about the merits of Disneyland Express vs. SuperShuttle for ground transportation from LAX.
Is there a compelling argument for one over the other?
I may be leaning towards SuperShuttle, simply because there would probably be fewer people to drop off than Disneyland Express, and I believe they call for a van once you get there, rather than being at the mercy of Disneyland Express schedule.
Our flight arrives at 5:40, so by the time we get our luggage, I imagine the first Disneyland Express bus we could catch would be around 7:00?
We're staying at Best Western Park Place Inn.
Does Disneyland Express take you to the hotel proper, and not just a central point between a few hotels? I assume SuperShuttle does take you directly to your hotel, and you can more or less schedule your return pick up time?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I took the DLE from LAX this month. My flight landed at 1:35 in terminal 2 and I was able to get on the 2:05ish DLE. On the half hour is at the first terminal. So depending on your terminal, you could possibly get on the 6:00 or the 6:30 DLE. And as far as I know, they will drop you off right at the hotel as there were 6 stops on my bus.

And yes I did have checked luggage, but it was only me.

We've done both. Our first trip we did DLE and waited forever for it to come. We've taken Super Shuttle on the 3 trips since then and the wait time ranged from a few minutes with our trip last week to about 20 minutes for a shuttle. With Super Shuttle, you check in with the worker at the stop when you get there and they usually put you on the next available van for your location.

I've only been to DL once and took DLE and hated it. We'd had a long flight from NY and just missed the bus so we had to wait around for another 40 mins before the next one. Already had huge migraine and being on the bus with a bunch of screaming kids didn't help. We stopped at 3 other hotels before ours, so the ride was about another 50 mins. We are going again in August and are definitely doing the private Super Shuttle van. It doesn't cost that much more and it will most certainly be more relaxing.

OP, I think you hit on all the items I usually point out:
- DLE is on a set schedule, whereas SuperShuttle picks you up when you're ready to go.
SS drops you at your hotel and picks you up at your hotel. Last time I looked into DLE, it didn't pick you up at your hotel, but instead at a 'bus stop'. Ick. And yes, you select your pickup time on SS. They are quite conservative and suggested times based on your flight time. They want to be sure to get you to the airport on time.

I take SS and I haven't had any issues. Yet. :)

I've got a question. On my reservation my form of transportation says Motor Coach. Is this the DLE or shuttle?:sad2 :

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter