Disneyland Express from LAX?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Curious how this works. I'm going to purchase our tickets in advance. Here's the thing - My family thinks we're staying offsite, and we're actually staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I wanted it to be a surprise for them. Does the DL Express from LAX make multiple stops? Are there separate shuttles for on site and off site hotels? How will we know which one goes to the Disneyland Hotel?

When I was there last month, it stopped at the Disneyland Hotel first, which I think is the usual. You do need to tell the driver what hotel you're going to though, but you can probably do that sneakily away from your family. They might confirm that at some point though and ruin the surprise... But hopefully not! That will be so exciting for you guys, have a great trip! :goodvibes

Each time we've used the service it has always stopped at Disneyland Hotel first. Then it's gone to the other Disney hotels before heading to the off-site hotels.
We 'might' have been asked by the driver which hotel (can't 100% remember) - I think this was related to where the luggage was being put in the hold.
We last used the service at the end of September. I had a similar situation - it was me and my 11yr old son and it was a surprise for him.
They don't take tickets / payment from you at LAX, you just hop on.
When you arrive at DLH a ticket collector jumps on and grabs everyone's tickets / payment.
We then jumped off after I gave the lady my pre-paid voucher. My son was none the wiser.
Where the bus stops is kind of behind some trees so my son didn't click on to it straight away.
It is just a very short walk from there on the path and across the road (hotel entrance driveway) to check-in.
This is how it's been for us each time anyway, most recently in September.
Enjoy - hope you have a great time : )

You could show the driver your confirmation so you don’t have to say it. Disneyland Hotel is the first stop or the “hub”. From there, if you are going to a different hotel they tell you to stay on or go to a different bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter