Disneyland Churro - $3.75...my love is gone

Chokky

Mouseketeer
We don't buy Churros at Disneyworld as they aren't cooked fresh at the cart like at Disneyland.

Was just at Disneyland at the end of June and was thrilled to buy a Churro but $3.75 for one was a killer.

So instead of buying multiple Churros on my trip like I used to do I bought one and that was it.

If they were cheaper I would have bought more during my stay but I was one and done at $3.75.

So Disney lost money from me at $3.75.

Disney would have made money from me if they were still around $2.75 as at a cheaper price you don't think about the cost as much and I would have bought at least one a day.

Anyone else?
Chokky

Cinnabon sells a churro-like product. Tried it once and hated the pie filling. The only churro we'll have is at WDW or DL $3.75 or whatever they charge:goodvibes

Volume is suppose to bring the price down on things. At least that's how it works at Costco. There a churro is a dollar.

I guess for Disney, pricing is more supply and demand.

Geemo

Volume is suppose to bring the price down on things. At least that's how it works at Costco. There a churro is a dollar.

Geemo

Yes I am sure they aren't going to miss my lack of buying them as there are plenty of others who will.

I was just thinking about it and how at the new price I only bought one during my entire stay but at a cheaper price I would have bought a couple a day.

Chokky

For me, I LOVE their white chocolate chip cookies and make sure I get one or two every time I go. :goodvibes

Sell it..and they will buy it!!!pixiedust:
I am a total sucker for those Churros and honestly I don't even notice the ridiculous prices while I am wharfing down one of those bad boys!!:rotfl2:

I have to ask - when is the last time you were at Disneyland and bought a churro? I ask because according to old threads, the price at Disneyland for a churro in early 2010 was already $3.50, so a 25 cent raise in 3 years isn't too ridiculous. Prior to the hike in 2010, the price was $3.00, which is still higher than the price you said you'd be willing to pay.

I wish they offered 3 for $10! I lost count how many times I bought 3 of those dang things. Yummy!

There are some things I'll pay the price for, no matter what. Are they worth $3.75? No, of course not - but I'll still pay it! I'm pretty sure it's the same price that they charge at most MLB ballparks, too (I'll check tomorrow at my next game)

There are some things I'll pay the price for, no matter what. Are they worth $3.75? No, of course not - but I'll still pay it! I'm pretty sure it's the same price that they charge at most MLB ballparks, too (I'll check tomorrow at my next game)

You know the thing I can't justify is the SINGLE chocolate-covered strawberries that now cost $4.50 a piece (and that was a year ago so who knows if it's gone up). That price is just too much to me for a single strawberry.

I have to ask - when is the last time you were at Disneyland and bought a churro? I ask because according to old threads, the price at Disneyland for a churro in early 2010 was already $3.50, so a 25 cent raise in 3 years isn't too ridiculous. Prior to the hike in 2010, the price was $3.00, which is still higher than the price you said you'd be willing to pay.

Disneyworld every second year since 2007.
It was on that trip we learnt never to by a churro there as they aren't freshly cooked at the cart like at Disneyland.
So we bought one churro there in December 2007 and that was it.

Disneyland about every 18 months since living in North America - 20 years.

I know the price has crept up...I think just seeing the $3.75 this past trip is my tipping point for price. You know you don't really pay attention and then suddenly you go...wow $3.75 for a churro...when did they get so pricey.

As stated...they will still sell lots and lots of them...it's just at $3.75 that is the point at which I am out as a regular consumer. One per trip versus at least one per day.

Chokky

You know the thing I can't justify is the SINGLE chocolate-covered strawberries that now cost $4.50 a piece (and that was a year ago so who knows if it's gone up). That price is just too much to me for a single strawberry.

This!!! OUCH!

Geemo

I think it's a generally accepted rumor that the food court items at Costco are loss leaders. Disney has no reason to do that, since I doubt anyone is going to pay $92 to get in due to the fact that concessions are offered at a reasonable price. Nor do I think spending $3.75 for a churro is going to deter most people from also spending $24.95 on a t-shirt. Disney is a luxury product, right down to each little popped corn kernel.

This. They're not cheap. They never were. Also, you can only buy churros from one cart at MK, and I agree they stink there. Also also...One Disneyland Churro A Day? Is that kind of restraint humanly possible?

This. They're not cheap. They never were. Also, you can only buy churros from one cart at MK, and I agree they stink there. Also also...One Disneyland Churro A Day? Is that kind of restraint humanly possible?

I saw a group of about 11, there were 8 of them posing for a picture and all but was clutching a churro in each hand. The picture taker also had a churro in 1 hand. I figured they were maybe holding them for the 2 not in the picture. But the best scenario I could come up with in my mind was, "Looks like someone bought the dining plan and had a whole lot of vouchers left over." Anyway, it was funny to see kids so excited to be double fisting churros.

SMD said:
I think it's a generally accepted rumor that the food court items at Costco are loss leaders. Disney has no reason to do that, since I doubt anyone is going to pay $92 to get in due to the fact that concessions are offered at a reasonable price. Nor do I think spending $3.75 for a churro is going to deter most people from also spending $24.95 on a t-shirt. Disney is a luxury product, right down to each little popped corn kernel.

You got that right.

I don't think $3.75 is that outrageous. And after going to the circus this week, Disneyland concessions seem like a bargain. They wanted $14 for cotton candy, $11 for a snow cone, $5 for bottled water, etc.

sunshine1974 said:
I don't think $3.75 is that outrageous. And after going to the circus this week, Disneyland concessions seem like a bargain. They wanted $14 for cotton candy, $11 for a snow cone, $5 for bottled water, etc.

Agreed! DH and I may be in the minority, but we have never found the food prices at DL to be outrageous, especially compared to other amusement parks, going to the movies etc.... This includes counter service and snack stands. We don't eat at sit down places at the park.

hmm, it's kinda iffy. if you're rarely there then i'd say go for it. if you're there all the time.. yeah it's an expensive addiction lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter