Disneyland Christmas Celebration 2022

Patiently waiting for Merriest Nights dates. We attended last year and enjoyed it, but not really wanting to do it again. We are all planned for December 9th-14th and wanting one day at Universal on a date of Merriest nights. We can purchase tickets and make reservations next week, so information would be so helpful. I think this is one of the biggest challenges balancing information with reservations. We made hotel reservations 8 months ago and purchased airline tickets in February and have no plan for our park days yet!

So do we think it's likely they'll do parties again? And what changes will they make to Merriest Nites if they decide to keep it? I'd love to see more special treats offered and mobile ordering sorted out. And cooler merchandise!
We attended both Merriest Nights and OBB last year from out of state. Merriest Nights was actually disappointing for me. It seemed lacking anything really spectacular. The shopping experience was just sad. We tend to do girls trips every December and had such high hopes for it to be a new tradition like tours or other special opportunities.

Patiently waiting for Merriest Nights dates. We attended last year and enjoyed it, but not really wanting to do it again. We are all planned for December 9th-14th and wanting one day at Universal on a date of Merriest nights. We can purchase tickets and make reservations next week, so information would be so helpful. I think this is one of the biggest challenges balancing information with reservations. We made hotel reservations 8 months ago and purchased airline tickets in February and have no plan for our park days yet!
This is where I'm at. I rotate starting parks each day and want to make sure I pick correctly when I reserve next week. Earlier in the thread I asked about when they released dates and a poster said mid September.

I'm with a few others who have said Merriest Nites was under-whelming/one-and-done. It might be because we were at the very first one (November 10th) but, it was really, for us, more frustrating than anything. Finding what was Merry or special was a huge challenge. Things probably got better as the Nites went on and Cast Members got into it and, I'm sure if they have it this year, they'll use last year's feedback to fine-tune so it may still be worth doing but my girly trio is going to spend their $500+ on something else during this year's November visit, for sure.

I have a (surprise) family trip planned the week before Christmas and have been waiting on Merriest Nights info as well because I've been considering getting tickets if we could and would probably align park days based on that. For those who found it underwhelming, could you elaborate?

Was it too crowded? Lines too long? Too many rides closed after hours? I've got a high schooler and two elementary children in my party if that makes a difference as to whether that would impact the value perception.

I'm with a few others who have said Merriest Nites was under-whelming/one-and-done. It might be because we were at the very first one (November 10th) but, it was really, for us, more frustrating than anything. Finding what was Merry or special was a huge challenge. Things probably got better as the Nites went on and Cast Members got into it and, I'm sure if they have it this year, they'll use last year's feedback to fine-tune so it may still be worth doing but my girly trio is going to spend their $500+ on something else during this year's November visit, for sure.
I don't think they improved. We went the first weekend in December. I can't recall which night, but I didn't feel any magic at all. Yes, lower crowds but that was it. We watched the parade, which was fine, and checked out the photo ops. One thing I noticed last year in the parks was the lack of Christmas music playing. Usually, it is setting a tone throughout the entire park. Not even on that evening did I hear any.

It felt quite crowded to me and it just didn’t seem like there was a lot that was special. We do parties more for special activities, foods, etc. than rides. The restaurants didn’t do a great job with the special foods (we ended up having a manager cancel our mobile order at Jolly Holiday because they were so hopelessly behind). The only entertainment that stood out were the Muppets and the singer on the riverboat. And it was nice to see the parade but they ran that during regular hours anyway. Compared to OBB, it just felt “meh.”

I am trying to make head and tails of what the entertainment schedule will look like. The Disney Parks blog seems to imply the Christmas parade will be daily...what are we thinking for WOC, F! and the fireworks?? Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

I am trying to make head and tails of what the entertainment schedule will look like. The Disney Parks blog seems to imply the Christmas parade will be daily...what are we thinking for WOC, F! and the fireworks?? Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
In years past, parade, WOC, and fireworks has been daily, Fantasmic! is weekends only until the weekend before Christmas.

Anyone know when they announce the Festival of Holidays booths/menus? We are less than a month out! Can't wait!

Tomorrow is 60 days for Christmas day. I am hoping to book a turkey or other Christmas dinner but haven't seen anything about which restaurants in DL will be offering this, any suggestions?
We have park reservations for DL on the 25th. Since I expect it will be full, I'm assuming if we leave the park to eat at a resort, we run the risk of not being allowed back into the park. Are park reservations guaranteed for the day?

Anyone know what restaurants in DL park will offer a Christmas dinner?
Inside Disneyland, Plaza Inn usually offers something with Turkey I think. The only sit down restaurants in DL park are Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe.

Personally, we head to Morton's or Flemings. No turkey, but Prime Rib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter