• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland carb counts

jbmom1b2g

Earning My Ears
I will be taking my DD's 8 & 5 to disneyland in June. And after looking at the dole whip thread it made me wonder if any of you have an idea of the carb counts in any of the food? My DD who is 8 was just diagnosed as type 1 diabetes in June. Actually the day before her aunt was planning on taking her to disneyland so she obviosly missed that trip. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, stop in at City Hall, and ask if they have nutrition information for diabetics. I'm not diabetic, but I do have Celiac disease, and City Hall has a wonderful list of gluten-free food available. I used my guide constantly while we were there.

As others have mentioned, you can get the lists ingredients for items at City Hall, however they do not offer calorie counts.

I will be taking my DD's 8 & 5 to disneyland in June. And after looking at the dole whip thread it made me wonder if any of you have an idea of the carb counts in any of the food? My DD who is 8 was just diagnosed as type 1 diabetes in June. Actually the day before her aunt was planning on taking her to disneyland so she obviosly missed that trip. Any help would be appreciated.

JBMom, I am also the mom of a T1 and I know how challenging this can be in the first months after diagnosis. City hall should be able to provide you with information on carbs, but also bring a long the Calorie King pocket guide for reference on other foods too...or if you have a smart phone and can access their website even better. Calorie King is great for helping with all kinds of foods.

Also, remember that you will be doing a lot of walking in the park, so make sure to check blood sugar on a regular basis and you might even "under" bolus on foods to compensate for all the exercise. And make sure you have snacks and juice with you in case of low blood sugar.

It is a huge learning curve when you are newly diagnosed. Make sure to talk to your endocrinologist before your trip to get some good tips.

My son was diagnosed in 2009 and the first year we learned so much. Now, it really isn't a big deal. He is doing great, his numbers are great, and for us it is just a part of life.

I know the worry behind this diagnosis, and if you have any questions, you can feel free to PM me.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Have a great time too.

Barbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter